Custom Hobby Forum

• December 04, 2020, 03:10:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155748 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »

LOL it does seem inevitable, but I did make him to be a tank. It is just part of being a front line fighter with a low Int. I also addressed the stealing issue between our characters. I saw a chance for a little extra role play so I put that in.

OOC: Wasn't the one in 'c' open? I thought that was the room we all searched and I found the key in :shrug: sounds good on letting everyone catch up  

Yeah that's what confused me. I thought you were going back to that room.

So Raoul searches the chest and the Gm utters the by now infamous phrase :"You don't think it's trapped." :)

Ok I didn't want to clutter up the gaming thread so here goes:
1 - Aurum, Rogon, and Raul are going back to room 'e' to open and search the chest.
2 - Once we are finished in there I intend on going back to advancing and searching all of the rooms in this hallway (after room 'f') up until the bodies.
3 - Is everyone else in or near room 'e'?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #376 on: July 26, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »

Yet another correction: the GM's copy of the map has the correct letters on it as we suspected :p.

The I is in fact an J. However, the room I thought must be the I (no denotation) is infact the G and the room marked G on this map if room I :p. Nightmare or what? The only reason I'm using these player maps is for the combat grid on them (which sometimes pays woeful inattention to the shape or presence of the walls). But hopefuly we won't be needing combat grids for a long time to come (and hopefuly not in these places :p).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2007, 04:26:02 PM »

Rather tight spaces in here (and no where to use my breather weapon).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2007, 04:30:37 AM »

You could always belch out of the window, Mike :)
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »

Balgin can he focus the flame into a line? I figured I would ask becuase if he rules yes then he can still use it inside the building without the worry of burning it down. It might help is we are getting the crud* kicked out of us.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »

Balgin can he focus the flame into a line?

Probably not although I would assume that walls of stone or something similar might act to funnel it into a straight line (hard to say, does fire move like water would?).

But as far as consciously chosing the shape - I'd say not (but there's probably a feat for that somewhere, like Shape Spell or something but for breath weapons - I wouldn't be surprised).

Alex

« Reply #381 on: July 29, 2007, 11:23:18 AM »

Sorry, been in Oslo on a  surprise birthday thing for my sister, normal service will resume tomorrow!

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2007, 12:07:36 PM »

No worries Alex. I saved the Alchemical book for you.

So Balgin it looks like Raul and Aurum went into the next room. So what is in the bigger room?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

It's big (and might actualy have a locked door). I don't think it does 'though. I'll slip an update in sometime tonight.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »

Good thing we have someone with lockpicks :icon_wink: If not Aurum will kick it in.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2007, 10:34:35 PM »

How large is the dragons head? Aurum takes it.

Well considering how it was the ship's figurehead he might struggle to carry that thing around even if he ties it to his back with a bit of rope :P. So I'm assuming he doesn't take it purely due to the sheer bulk and awkwardness of the thing more than it's weight. It's a nice idea 'though :).

OOC - I covered the general search above and these are some pointed questions based on your description of the room:

1) Is there anything in the lacquered box?
 2) What is the broken Statuette of?
 3) How large is the dragons head? Aurum takes it.
 4) What type of Dragon is it supposed to be?
 5) What does the broach look like?
 6) Is there anything in the desks two drawers?
 7) Are any of the shells rare (Nature Knowledge check)?
 8) Are any of the weapons paid out on the tarpaulin in good shape? you said "Most appear badly corroded and worse for wear," so I want to know if any of them are in are. He is a weapon smith so he might be able to glean some information from their condition.
 9) What types of weapons are they?
10) what is in the chest?
11) What is in the coffer?

I didn't ignore your list. I simply decided that Naedath and Ivor's exclamations over the weapons (where he was heading next anyway) would divert Aurum from his search a bit and that by then Rogan would probably be back (possibly delaying the search even longer with his news).

I'll get round to dealing with that list in an apropriate time (but I can tell you now that the stone coffer is locked tight but has no hinges or visible lid at all whilst the chest and desk are unlocked).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:43:43 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2007, 01:46:33 AM »

Well considering how it was the ship's figurehead he might struggle to carry that thing around even if he ties it to his back with a bit of rope :P. So I'm assuming he doesn't take it purely due to the sheer bulk and awkwardness of the thing more than it's weight. It's a nice idea 'though :).

He can always come back with a bag of holding :icon_wink:

Quote from: Mike's search question list
1) Is there anything in the lacquered box?
 2) What is the broken Statuette of?
 5) What does the broach look like?
 6) Is there anything in the desks two drawers?
 7) Are any of the shells rare (Nature Knowledge check)?
10) what is in the chest?
11) What is in the coffer?
Edit: I went in and removed the questions you already answered

I didn't ignore your list. I simply decided that Naedath and Ivor's exclamations over the weapons (where he was heading next anyway) would divert Aurum from his search a bit and that by then Rogan would probably be back (possibly delaying the search even longer with his news).

Sounds vary fare. I made a post in the game thread that Aurum stays in the room while the others go to check on the dead monks and continues his search.

I'll get round to dealing with that list in an apropriate time (but I can tell you now that the stone coffer is locked tight but has no hinges or visible lid at all whilst the chest and desk are unlocked).

Good thing we already established someone know how to use lock picks :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2007, 02:17:35 AM »

Good thing we already established someone know how to use lock picks :icon_wink:

I can't wait 'till later when you guys are wondering round going "which locks are these keys we found for" and eventualy working out it must've been for ones you picked before you found the keys for them :p.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #388 on: July 31, 2007, 07:00:03 AM »

I was going to try the key when you were going to say it is locked. That way I don't have to that very problem later. I did try it last time, before asking for it to be picked.

I even kept the search relevant so you wouldn't have a hard time working it into your update. I will follow up with everyone once you post the search results. i even tried to keep the group together by asking for help identifying the items we have found thus far.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #389 on: July 31, 2007, 11:03:37 AM »

Okay, so that was a big one. There's a lot of stuff in the abbot's room. I'll do an update in the meeting room soon.