Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2020, 02:30:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 154993 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2007, 03:50:48 PM »

It is starting to get interesting lets see what we find on the island

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »

Sorry for the delay guys, I'm just waiting to hear from Raoul & Ivor so I'll know who's going where and what they're doing (my next post could be a big one that assumes a lot or it could be a series of staggered small ones based on their feedback and since sometimes not everyone can get on, I don't want to assume anything 'till I know what people are up to).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »

Sorry guys, I live in Sheffield and things are a bit mental at the moment.  We've not been directly affected by the flooding (thank God!) but we've not had a phone line (or broadband) and I'm on dial-up right now.  I don't know if I'll be able to get online again later this week, so I'll try and make a post now in-character that hopefully covers everything!

Balgin, feel free to drive Raul if you need to this week.  He's just trying to spot the place at the top of the cliff where the "stash" might be.  He's not going to check it out now, just try and indentify the location.  That's he primary motivation here.

He's also noticed there was no-one from the monsatry to meet the ship and he wanted to have a look from the top of the cliff, to see if anyone was coming along.

I hope next week is a bit more normal and that they open the Motorway again ASAP!
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »

We seem to have hit a bit of a lull

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2007, 07:49:11 PM »

Okay mate, well I'll work around it then.

Actualy I'll have to anyway because I'd forgotten Ivor's lower movement rate. If you went off doing something you could've done (not neccessarily what you're thinking) then you wouldn't get back in time to meet the others and everyone'd all be too split up for there to be much fun for anyone in particular. So I'll use the other option instead.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:03:51 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2007, 09:46:54 AM »

To be honest then, it might be best just to let Raul identify the spot,  get the rest of us ashore and then move on with the plot.  Games do hit a lull when groups are split up and only one thing at a time is being dealt with.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »

To be honest then, it might be best just to let Raul identify the spot

Trust me, it wouldn't :). Plus it is a walk along the cliffs (quite a walk actualy :p).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »

I was reading the WOTc 3.5 rules FAQ pdf and it said that each point of Int should represent about 10 points of IQ

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

Wow, so all these character generator thingies that give you stats think I have an IQ of about 170?  I'm flattered!  I only just creep into the +2 bonus area if you round up :p

As 'The Alexandrian' says, I'm probably along the lines of
Str 10
Dex 9
Con 11
Int 13 (maybe 14)
Wis 12
Cha 8
and a 1st or (maybe) 2nd level expert  :icon_wink:

In other words, solidly average!

Alex

« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2007, 06:22:22 AM »

Sorry, guys, not getting much of a chance to get at the computer at all this week- it's the last week of my holiday so I'm getting all the rellies visited and just generally vegging out before I head back on Monday. Should be more active from next week, when I'll need the distraction from my literature review!

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2007, 06:45:16 AM »

What's "the Alexandrian"?

(Edited. Oops, wrong thread!)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:49:16 AM by Mr Teufel »

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2007, 08:57:41 AM »

http://www.thealexandrian.net/creations/misc/d&d-calibrating.html

Basically theorises that level 5 is right on the divide between real life and super-human feats ie. Einstein would be a level 5 expert, most Olympic athletes level 3-4 (record breakers level 5).

Aragorn?  Probably around level 5.  Yep folks, we're nearly legendary already  :icon_w00t:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

Oh yeah, stuff's happening now folks. When I playtested this for balance the 4th level cleric fell off the clifftop path and took about 34 damage. That was actualy the most damage anyone took in a single encounter during the entire first half of the adventure :). I didn't playtest the second half 'cause I didn't have it then :(. But I've got it now  :evil4:

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:54 AM »

Before I play it in game, how plausible is this: IF one of the players has a Cure potion, I want to tell Squall to carry it and fly down to the stricken woman. Hopefully she'll know what to do with it. Maybe I can attach a note. If she drinks it, it will buy us time to get to her without killing ourselves.

But it hinges on Squall being able to carry such a thing. I can use Speak With Animals to tell Squall what to do.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

Well I'd say the eagle can carry a potion but she's pretty far gone and might not be able to take it. I doubt he could administer it. Don't you just wish he was a familiar who could deliver touch spells instead of an animal companion who can't? So it'd be a good thing to do but it might be good to go down the path as well incase it doesn't work.