Custom Hobby Forum

• December 01, 2020, 10:29:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155558 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »

I'm here. I'm just a little bit confused. I've suddenly been hit by a few different questions from different people referring to stuff that didn't neccessarily happen recently and I'm trying to work out what they're asking about.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #421 on: August 04, 2007, 02:09:22 AM »

I Cleaned up the gaming thread a little (since this stuff was mstly OOC I put it here) :icon_wink:

That locked chest?

Whatever was unlocked by keeper figuring out the puzzle (was it the coffer?)

I'm here. I'm just a little bit confused. I've suddenly been hit by a few different questions from different people referring to stuff that didn't neccessarily happen recently and I'm trying to work out what they're asking about.

Oh..well we can wait until it is sorted then.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #422 on: August 04, 2007, 09:43:33 AM »

I Cleaned up the gaming thread a little (since this stuff was mstly OOC I put it here) :icon_wink:

That locked chest?

Whatever was unlocked by keeper figuring out the puzzle (was it the coffer?)

Oh that. Well nobody's opened it yet so it's still shut :p.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #423 on: August 04, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »

I hope one of the guys will take keepers answer and put it in game (hint hint :icon_wink: ). Both he and I have stated it would be out of character for both of our PC's.

Balgin do we get to know what Ivor and Alarian found out about the magical items? (yes curiosity is killing me) :bludrgn2:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #424 on: August 04, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »

(yes curiosity is killing me) :bludrgn2:

Yeah I noticed. Unfortunately I haven't been in the mood to post an update today yet :(. I know I'm using a published adventure and could easily look stuff up but the current situation seems to mirror the exact same situarional problem I'm having in another game.

That is that the players are (currently) in a safe place, aren't going anywhere or doing anything and are expecting me to post an update.

Now that doesn't mean that the abbey is safe, but that the rooms you're currently in may be. It's just that I'm getting that "I can't update stuff 'till players do something unless I actualy ask how long they're willing to wait for....". So when I'm feeling a bit better I'll check through people's questions and try to get stuff back on track again. Sometime tonight or tomorrow's probably a good bet (got stuff to do in monday but I should find the time then if I haven't already).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #425 on: August 04, 2007, 03:15:38 PM »

I understand what you mean. If you don't feel like combing through the thread I can sum up the loose ends for you (just let me know). I have always been the type to search and don't mind being at the front of the pack. Once we finish on the second floor I want to go back and try those locked doors on the first floor, and then head on to the other buildings.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 04:39:44 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #426 on: August 04, 2007, 04:04:38 PM »

Once we finish on the second florr

First floor. I am not american :p. Counting the american way makes sense if you use lifts and never have to climb the stairs but the more traditional method tells you how many sets of stairs you'll have to climb before you get there. So neither's better, each is better for different things.

I want to go back and try those locked doors on the first floor, and then head on to ther buildings.

Funyn thing is, it actualy says in the notes that you could cut through the bolt with a saw from the toolshed. There's lots of nice little thoughtful touches like that but then I come across locks with no DC and stuff like that so it's a bit of a mixed job really.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #427 on: August 04, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »

Once we finish on the second florr

First floor. I am not american :p. Counting the american way makes sense if you use lifts and never have to climb the stairs but the more traditional method tells you how many sets of stairs you'll have to climb before you get there. So neither's better, each is better for different things.

:crud*:

First off I went and fixed the typo. What I said was:

Once we finish on the second floor I want to go back and try those locked doors on the first floor, and then head on to the other buildings.

We are all currently on the second floor of the abbey. Since we entered on the ground floor and then went up the stairs to the upper level, then wouldn’t that be the second floor?

:cussing: On a more serious note, Balgin WTF are you talking about? I am offended by the constant comments about Americans from you. This forum is family friendly and if you want to offend people you can do that on Frothers. For one I actually like you and appreciate your posts on my forum. You often provide both an educated and interesting perspective on a lot of things. That aside you do at time also go off and say some things that can be construed as offensive, both about American (which would include the owner of this forum, a global mod, and regular members) & French people. :HrsSht:

:angryfire: Yes this is :offtopic: So now that I have addressed that we will get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I want to go back and try those locked doors on the first floor, and then head on to ther buildings.

Funyn thing is, it actualy says in the notes that you could cut through the bolt with a saw from the toolshed. There's lots of nice little thoughtful touches like that but then I come across locks with no DC and stuff like that so it's a bit of a mixed job really.

I was thinking I would just use his Axe and hack his way in if he had to :dark2:

:bludrgn2:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:41:08 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Alex

« Reply #428 on: August 04, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »

Well, whilst I'm making no comment about Balgin's percieved anti-Americanism, anti-europeanism and general pedantry, the British way of counting floors means that the first level is the ground floor, due to it being on the ground. The level above that is the first floor, and so on. Like this:

Third floor
     Second floor
       First floor
____Ground floor_______

IIRC, it works somewhat simillarly in Germany.

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #429 on: August 04, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »

Aussies use the British floor terminology as well.

More importantly, I'm not sure Kiaphas is one to solve a puzzle box. Currently his priorities are to keep Neadath safe - it's the job we're contracted for - and look for survivors. If there are clues amongst the bits and pieces, they aren't going anywhere. Meanwhile, if there are any survivors, they could still be in trouble.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:49:51 PM by Mr Teufel »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #430 on: August 04, 2007, 11:52:18 PM »

While I understand and respect that others may phrase things differently, I am very tired of how often and the tone in which he uses the word Americans. Also the constant pedantic posts makes it seem as if he is trying to talk down to people. Those are two types of behavior that I will not tolerate.

It is more the straw that broke the camels back than anything else. I also apologize to anyone I my have offended in expressing my feelings on the matter.

More importantly, I'm not sure Kiaphas is one to solve a puzzle box. Currently his priorities are to keep Neadath safe - it's the job we're contracted for - and look for survivors. If there are clues amongst the bits and pieces, they aren't going anywhere. Meanwhile, if there are any survivors, they could still be in trouble.

It seems like most of the group wants to find the survivors (I hope there is more than 1). Someone should just suggest it in game and I guess we can head off from there.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:59:21 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #431 on: August 05, 2007, 12:05:25 AM »

I agree that Balgin can rub people the wrong way. And the implication in his post that Americans never climb stairs was rather obnoxious. (He'll probably point out that what he said was the American system "makes {more} sense if you use lifts and never have to climb the stairs {than the 'traditional' system}", not that Americans don't use stairs, but in my mind the implication is clear.)

ETA: I thought I did suggest seeking survivors. It's the last post on the game thread. Been there a day or more.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:10:56 AM by Mr Teufel »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #432 on: August 05, 2007, 12:26:16 AM »

ETA: I thought I did suggest seeking survivors. It's the last post on the game thread. Been there a day or more.

I have not looked at the gaming thread since my last post, sorry

Alex

« Reply #433 on: August 05, 2007, 09:09:30 AM »

Well, sure stuff the box in your backpack and ask Ivor to take a look at it when he's calmed down a bit- I reckon we give the place a quick scout to see if we can find any survivors/evidence of the monster, then we can stop to get lunch/see where to go next.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #434 on: August 05, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »

Sounds like a solid plan to me.