Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2020, 01:57:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 154986 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #630 on: September 24, 2007, 10:39:31 PM »

I did, I hate having to scroll down a page to find the most up to date thread.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #631 on: September 25, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »

I guess I won't be posting in this battle thread, then.  Suffice to say, Raul will attempt everything possible to break out of this possession that has taken him.

Balgin, please take note that Raul is trying to throw off the possession.  I'm posting in the OOC thread, as nowhere else seems appropriate.
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #632 on: September 25, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

I did, I hate having to scroll down a page to find the most up to date thread.

Well I considered stickying the chapters too, and then considered stickying the current chapter's thread (and then unstikcying it when a new chapter begins).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #633 on: September 25, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »

with the chapters I am just going to do put a post in all of them in order to reposition them (so they are all together in order).

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #634 on: September 25, 2007, 09:10:59 PM »

If we stickied all the chapters then there'd be almost nothing left that's not stickied. That's why I'm hesitating on it. Also I put links to the next one at the end of each of them. Should I go back and put links to the previous chapter at the beginning of each of them too? That way they wouldn't need to be stickied.

If I do go and sticky them 'though, they're already in the right order so we wouldn't need to add a post. Also, as the game goes on, there'll be more battle threads so stickying them might be a good idea afterall.

Oh, if anyone's wondering, the post I made in the notepad thread is for a completely unrelated game. It's been a long time since I made that post and the players have gone back to visit captain Haldin (the crisis isn't over yet as the townsfolk are still panicking) so I copied most of the posts featuring him to the notepad here as reference while I "get back into character" for that npc and then I'll remove it :). I just didn't have a suitable notepad thread there (but it's been a really great adventure 'though :)).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #635 on: September 25, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »

No, don't sticky everything, that just gets on my nerves. No need to change anything you have done already. The links at the end of the thread are sufficient and things are labelled well enough. Anything else I can fix.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #636 on: September 25, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

No, don't sticky everything, that just gets on my nerves. No need to change anything you have done already. The links at the end of the thread are sufficient and things are labelled well enough. Anything else I can fix.

Just you wait untill a certain timed event takes place and there's tons of tiny little battle threads cluttering up the boards. Then it might be worth stickying all the chapters but not before :p.

Of course, there is a small possibility of consolidating all those tiny little encounters into one great big one (by getting chased from one to another, or some nearby noticing what's already going on) but hopefuly it'll just be fun whatever happens :).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #637 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »

I am sure it can be worked out at that time. Nothing wrong with Battle threads. I like the way the system is working with using those and then jut putting a recap in the main thread.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #638 on: September 25, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »

I am sure it can be worked out at that time. Nothing wrong with Battle threads. I like the way the system is working with using those and then jut putting a recap in the main thread.

Let's just say that it's all going to kick off at a certain point in the near future. The current sqauuble is not a timed event. I really didn't expect it to be the first scrud* but it's kind of nice that it ended up happening first. It's a good bit of foreshadowing (and for some bizarre reason makes  me think of Enid Blyton books, I think it's the rock pools that give that impression, kids discovering something like a gun or a watch in rock pools that was dropepd from the top of the cliff in one of her "of mystery" or "of adventure" or "of something" books where they've all got the same bloody title with only a word or two changed and next to no descriptive writing whatsoever).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #639 on: September 30, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »

So Aurum found one large gem in that tree? Were there supposed to be more?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #640 on: September 30, 2007, 09:18:16 PM »

So Aurum found one large gem in that tree? Were there supposed to be more?

According to the bloke who told you about it, there should have been a few of them. According to the adventure, only one of them was in the hollow tree (and I know where the others are :)).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #641 on: September 30, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »

As long as i didn't miss them I am cool. We can keep searching. I am sure there is much more to this.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #642 on: September 30, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »

I want to put another secret number in the notepad thread but I don't need to do it yet and I'd have to subtract a number to make it what it is now from the number it shall be at a set point in the future so I might as well just wait 'till then and write it in (and then keep track of it).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #643 on: September 30, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

Secret number?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #644 on: September 30, 2007, 09:54:27 PM »

Secret number?

Oh yes :). In fact there's at least two more secret numbers that I need to be keeping track of (the one I want to jot down and the one I really don't want to have to look up because that would mean you're all in big trouble).