Custom Hobby Forum

• December 04, 2020, 04:00:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155794 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2007, 01:59:41 PM »

Okay guys, I'm goint to try and get an update in this weekend. There's a reason for the delay: each member of the crew has a statblock and personality notes (and some don't like each other very much) so I need to take a long look at it before deciding who's doing what. I know the resting sailors are going to start gambling sometime after lunch (they've got a board game that they may be willing to let passengers participate in too).

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2007, 02:07:39 PM »

If it's Monopoly or Diplomacy then we could be there forever!

If it is Monopoly, Alarian will try to buy the properties on the side of the board that lead out of jail, as well as the stations and utilities.

If it's Diplomacy, we have enough party members to include Italy!  :icon_w00t:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2007, 03:16:09 PM »

It's sort of like that beans game where you pick up a handful of beans and go along dropping one into every hole.

Exept you don't (that's just the board layout).

The idea goes something like this: it's a race to get a ship full of goods safely to the safe harbour at the other end of the sea (track). There are hazards (storms, landslides, whirlpools and stuff) to bypass and also you can attack each other's ships (sending them back to the beginning to gather new cargo). Every player has four ships and has to get one safely to the end, or something.

It's a lot simpler than it sounds (but hard to explain).

I'll be posting the board & a rough version of the rules if anyone gets interested.

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »

Ah it is Monopoly! I knew it!  :icon_suspicious:

Alarian won't take part as it's gambling; he doesn't enjoy it.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2007, 03:27:46 PM »

Ah it is Monopoly! I knew it!  :icon_suspicious:

Alarian won't take part as it's gambling; he doesn't enjoy it.

I think it looks more like Backgammon (but nobody's ever bothered to try and explain the stupid rules of Backgammon to me ever so I'm only going by the board layout and the fact that you roll two dice but only use one of them, or something daft like that).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2007, 03:30:26 PM »

Aurum won't either all he does is think someone is cheating him and starts fighting.

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »

Aurum and Rogan probably wouldn't realise it was happening either, being below-decks to share stories.  Just thought I'd add a family touch in there - I don't usually see characters with any ties in other games.  :icon_razz:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2007, 01:15:34 PM »

Aurum and Rogan probably wouldn't realise it was happening either, being below-decks to share stories.  Just thought I'd add a family touch in there - I don't usually see characters with any ties in other games.  :icon_razz:

See my edit in the main thread. The quarterdeck is not below decks (but it is interior and therefore separate).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2007, 01:22:34 PM »

Just thought I'd add a family touch in there - I don't usually see characters with any ties in other games.  :icon_razz:

Nice touch, I am about to reply to that now. I like the feel of the brothers catching up.

See my edit in the main thread. The quarterdeck is not below decks (but it is interior and therefore separate).

Ok then we are off in some corner away from the others where we can talk privately.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »

I went ahead and posted 'in game' that when it comes to situations that are not related to combat I would actually defer to Rogon. I figured that is his older brother and lets face it folks he is the smarter and wiser of the two. I did this more for Blagin and keeping the game rolling, if at any point I am the only one that the group is waiting on it is fine to assume Aurum is following the lead of his older brother. When it comes to combat aurum will obviously be close to his brother and watch his back while trying to Kill whatever is stupid enough to attack the party.

I figured it would be good for me to point out a little of how I am planning to play him to the group so that we can all work together better.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »

I've posted a copy of the board for High Seas in the handouts thread. Dunno how in depth we'll go with it but I'll post an update sometime today regarding how the sailors are playing it (and by that I don't neccessarily mean the rules, just how agitated they're getting or something like that :p).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »

Small ship and a lot of people can equal issues some of the time

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2007, 08:24:11 AM »

Hey guys there seems to be a bit of a lull in the game. I am looking forward to really getting into this one so lets get back into posting and hassling Balgin to keep up with us.  :icon_wink:

Alex

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

Well, Ivor, being the introvert he is, is currently holed up in the cabin out of the way, trying not to think about the sea. He'd probably appreciate it, though, if someone reminded him it was time to eat ;)

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

Ivor, it's time to eat! :)
:hal: