Custom Hobby Forum

• December 04, 2020, 03:24:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155768 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2008, 08:29:34 AM »

I did wonder what was going on. My computer's been giving me problems these last few days so I was feeling a bit short tempered when I decided to check the boards to see if anyone had posted anywhere.

What is it that you're not enjoying mate? Hopefuly all the violence should let up soon and we can get back to some good old fashioned roleplaying. I understand that you're not enjoying yourself very much but is there anything you could specificaly point to and say you really don't like it?

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #946 on: July 06, 2008, 09:56:25 AM »

Obviously you can't do much about the pace of the game. But there's also the fact that as a druid/rogue I'm not much chop vs undead, and there's not been much that I can contribute. I'm thinking we should check out the body at the base of the cliff in the morning (should it ever come :P ) and if it's gone, ask our selkie friend to search it for us. I've got a feeling one of the gems we're after may be in one of its pockets.

(I'm going to bed now. Expect me to update Kiaphas' spell list in about 9-10 hours.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 10:01:20 AM by Mr Teufel »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #947 on: July 06, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »

Sorry its been draggin a bit I can try to psot more frequently, and maybe Balgin can drop it too a two day rule to keep things moving. That might help.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #948 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »

I'm thinking we should check out the body at the base of the cliff in the morning (should it ever come :P ) and if it's gone, ask our selkie friend to search it for us.

You know,that's actualy a default option suggested in the adventure. Hopefuly you'll be able to do more in the second half but the first one's pretty undead heavy. Actualy there are some non undead monsters in the first half but you wouldn't want to face them. They only turn up if you take your time. The longer you take, the more powerful the Grimorden's powers become and it starts summoning things ('though thankfuly not demonic things).

The second half is mostly undead stuff for all the incidental encounters but a lot of the big ones aren't dead stuff. Since everyone's a long way from levelling I'm thinking of just giving everyone a level (at the good mid way point) anyway to allow for xp from previous adventures and because the second half's tougher.

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #949 on: July 06, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »

I've just posted my latest spell list in my character's thread. Druids get Lesser Restoration!

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #950 on: July 06, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

Yeah, isn't it a great spell? I'm happy to assume he's already cast it on himself if you want. Hopefuly most of the rest of the adventure won't just be fighting hordes of undead (although there's a bit of an undead theme in the second half, it's nowhere near as heavy as the swarm of zombies at the beginning). I suppose you could still mess dead things up with spells like entangle. Running out of the bath house calling for help (or having squall swoop down and claw and peck at the thing's eyes) seems a retty cool way of ending the encounter very quickly :).

Who was it that had the selchie's pearl? I think it was Kiaphas or Raoul (and if it was Kiaphas he could do a really cool prayer or sermon before hurling it into the sea to call upon her assistance). I'll see about putting those pictures up in the OOC thread as well.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #951 on: July 08, 2008, 10:30:30 AM »

Pictures would be cool. Yeah I need to go back and read through a few posts to make sure I know everything that Aurum has :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #952 on: July 08, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »

Pictures would be cool. Yeah I need to go back and read through a few posts to make sure I know everything that Aurum has :icon_wink:

Mostly from part 3 when he was plundering the entire abbey, I'll wager.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #953 on: July 08, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

Yep, hey everyone was dead why let the stuff collect dust.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #954 on: July 08, 2008, 11:43:03 AM »

Right - where do we go from here? Somebody mentioned something about a crystal or light-tower round here? Maybe we should go & explore a bit further.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #955 on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:42 AM »

Everyone does realize this is the OOC thread right? Just felt like more people are posting in here than the game :icon_wink:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #956 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »

Balgin is there a reason the main thread is still locked?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #957 on: July 08, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

Balgin is there a reason the main thread is still locked?

Yes.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #958 on: July 08, 2008, 11:53:11 AM »

Right - where do we go from here? Somebody mentioned something about a crystal or light-tower round here? Maybe we should go & explore a bit further.

Well there's a fight to resolve first.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #959 on: July 08, 2008, 11:55:04 AM »

I thought you were going to 3 day it