Custom Hobby Forum

• December 04, 2020, 02:59:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155734 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2007, 04:27:19 AM »

At least someone does :shrug: So who is at the woman by now?

Aurum, Raoul, the eagle and possibly Alarian (although Kiaphas should be there very soon).

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #271 on: July 04, 2007, 04:57:34 AM »

Don't suppose instead of using the second potion you could just wait for me or Kiaphas could you?  They aren't particularly cheap, and making them costs me xp.  I'll do it, but it would be nice for that to be kept to a minimum.   :icon_wink:

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #272 on: July 04, 2007, 05:13:59 AM »

You should call that out in character (if it's in your character's nature to do so).

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #273 on: July 04, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »

It's the kind of thing he'd think, but unless it's something extremely wasteful it's not really the kind of thing he'd do.  :icon_wink:

Alex

« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »

Um, I know this may come across as impatience, but seeing how Fabian is having trouble getting online with any great regularity, would it be possible for you to continue on in-game? Just fudge things a little, assume he's trying to get down the cliff quickly but carefully, and let us carry on with the story?

See, I'm interested to find out if this creature is actually friendly at all, or if we've just wasted some of Rod's XP for nothing ;)

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #275 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:54 PM »

I'd hope she is, considering we just saved her life.  Then again, if Kiaphas is right our ship's crew may have been the ones to put her in that situation originally  :icon_whistling:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #276 on: July 05, 2007, 12:45:53 PM »

Um, I know this may come across as impatience, but seeing how Fabian is having trouble getting online with any great regularity, would it be possible for you to continue on in-game?

I was going to check the calendar and then invoke the three day rule tonight after The Bill finishes (9pm GMT). So that's in just over two hours from now. I know technicaly he's got another day or two but it seems pretty tense and people do seem eager to continue.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #277 on: July 05, 2007, 02:35:49 PM »

Yeah lets make it a two day rule (up to Balgin).

I am not sure how much access he will have to the net while here in the US.

See, I'm interested to find out if this creature is actually friendly at all, or if we've just wasted some of Rod's XP for nothing ;)

I am not sure how much access he will have to the net while here in the US.

:bludrgn2:  Don't worry guys if she attacks us I can roast her.  :Flamer:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 06:38:01 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Alex

« Reply #278 on: July 05, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »

Well what do you know- say his name three times when turning in anticlockwise circles in front of a mirror and he appears :D

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2007, 03:39:37 PM »

If I had done it this time it would probably have been a one off.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #280 on: July 05, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »

Too bad Fabian didn't bring his RPG stuff to the US with him :icon_suspicious: :dragon:

We have a good group in the first two games. I look forward to the next one on the forum.

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #281 on: July 05, 2007, 11:20:27 PM »

I have the adventure here in the US for 'Playthings' and the stuff on a USB drive but I'm so busy in my job and the access to the net is so unpredictable and short that I haven't been able to continue just yet.

'Heal, heal, heal the stranded woman' as Elan might sing in OOTS.

@Mike - I'll let you know about meeting up; I'll be flying out to Oklahoma from NY after camp ends so I might have an evening and morning we could meet up in.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #282 on: July 06, 2007, 08:45:54 AM »

This is when I realise that if I was my wizard with a ridiculous number of languages known I'd probably be able to tell her she's not under threat.  Ah well....

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #283 on: July 06, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »

Could Kiaphas' Druidic language be something useful for this scene (maybe Aquan or Sylvan?) Fair enough if not.

Edit: Removed double post :icon_wink:

An Anouncement, I'm afraid.

I'll be visiting my sister until Friday night Aussie time. I don't think I'll be able to post too often in that period. She's got dial-up, but tends to use it a lot herself. I'll try and keep in touch.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 10:27:44 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #284 on: July 06, 2007, 10:36:22 PM »

I have the adventure here in the US for 'Playthings' and the stuff on a USB drive but I'm so busy in my job and the access to the net is so unpredictable and short that I haven't been able to continue just yet.

WooHoo! Now that is some good news. How is camp going? I hope you are having a good time. :bludrgn2:

@Mike - I'll let you know about meeting up; I'll be flying out to Oklahoma from NY after camp ends so I might have an evening and morning we could meet up in.

When is camp over? Just let me know and I will make sure I am free so we can meet up.
By the way Chris did you read the PM I sent you? Let me know if you are interested in it.  :bludrgn2:

This is when I realise that if I was my wizard with a ridiculous number of languages known I'd probably be able to tell her she's not under threat.  Ah well....

I think we have enough languages in the group. What I am hoping is that someone in the group has a high Charisma and gets some good roles to calm her down. :bludrgn2:

Could Kiaphas' Druidic language be something useful for this scene (maybe Aquan or Sylvan?) Fair enough if not.

Good idea, that might be worth a try. Aurum can speak draconic and dwarven but i doubt either of those will do us any good.
(unless she is a dragon that likes to swim and change her shape). :bludrgn2:

An Anouncement, I'm afraid.

I'll be visiting my sister until Friday night Aussie time. I don't think I'll be able to post too often in that period. She's got dial-up, but tends to use it a lot herself. I'll try and keep in touch.

Thanks for the heads up. I am sure Balgin can handle it :icon_wink: Have fun during your visit.  :occasion14: :bludrgn2:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 01:47:19 AM by Custom_Hobby »