Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2020, 03:41:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DA)  (Read 155008 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: The OOC thread (DA)
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »

Damn. I've stopped getting notifications again.

Click where it says [ing]http://www.customhobby.com/forum/Themes/BlackRain1/images/english/notify.gif[/img] and it should acitivate/deactivate notification for a thread. You can also do it for an entire section of the forum and stay up to date if new threads are created.

There may have been some residual issues from when the site was down. If it stays that way just send me a PM.

We could always try talking to it, if it is at least as intelligent as Aurum ;)  Might be more treasure that way!

I think we have enough evidence that it isn't friendly (you know all of those little red outlines on the map) :bludrgn2:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »

The only bad thing about the maps is that they've got all the secret features on too. By that I mean that supposedly secret features are on the players' copies too :(. That's the floorplans, not the big map of the island. I've had to be very careful shading in the hidden areas. When it looks scribbled it's often done so to cover stuff up (and because the brush won't go any bigger in Paint and the Fill function doesn't seem to be working the way it should :().

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #347 on: July 17, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »

I am sure you can find some help with the maps if you need it.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #348 on: July 18, 2007, 04:39:10 AM »

We could always try talking to it, if it is at least as intelligent as Aurum ;)  Might be more treasure that way!

I think we have enough evidence that it isn't friendly (you know all of those little red outlines on the map) :bludrgn2:

Not at all.  That is just evidence that one of the parties wasn't friendly!  We know that the monks were very protective of their little island.  It could be that they caused some kind of fatal offense to an otherwise harmless ethereal creature ;)

You know, the kind of harmless creature like a Blink Dog or a DoomSphere :)

Well, apparently it can get through doors.  Shade...shade...  Turn Undead!  :icon_saber:

Bets in - is it a) a shadow, b) a wraith, c) a ghost of some kind, d) a spectre or e) something Balgin's homebrewed?

I'm hoping not d...

I don't think it is d, or a or b because all of these creatures turn the victim into one of themselves on death.  For what it is worth, my money is on an Allip :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:51:20 AM by keeper40k »
:hal:   

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #349 on: July 18, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »

I missed that one, but they don't do any lethal damage.  Wisdom drain is all they can do, and if they drain it all then "Wisdom 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a deep sleep filled with nightmares, helpless."

Looks like it could be a ghost then, otherwise these monks would already have risen as the others.

Alex

« Reply #350 on: July 18, 2007, 05:48:49 AM »

Maybe they have and we just haven't stumbled across the hangout just yet, or maybe they only come out at night?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #351 on: July 18, 2007, 05:54:02 AM »

Good God!  We're not going to run into an Yvette Fielding, are we?  Or worse yet, a Derek Acorah! Yikes!
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2007, 10:51:21 PM »

I didn't want to clutter up the game thread with this stuff:

1) What time of day is it at this point in the game?

2) Did Aurum find anything in room "E"?

3) Where exactly is everyone (and what are they doing)?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2007, 04:34:49 AM »

1) What time of day is it at this point in the game?

I'd say getting on for eleven in the morning (11am). You lot arrived at the abbey at around half ten and you haven't been exploring that long (but you have searched around a bit and had a sit down in the dining room).

2) Did Aurum find anything in room "E"?

Yes and no. He found out that the chest is locked (coming in the next update).

3) Where exactly is everyone (and what are they doing)?

Aurum, Ivor and Raoul are in room E. Everyone else is mostly in b (the writing room) and c (Brother Basyd's room). It's alright for me to refer to it as his room as you've found enough stuff there to know it's his :p.

I believe Ivor's examining the alchemical equipment, Aurum's watching (about to check the chest and then possibly move on to another room). Raoul's guarding/watching Ivor.

Naedath is showing a keen interest in the literature in Basyd's room.

I'm not sure what the others are doing at the moment.

Also, there'll be something in the next update (I might have to roll some dice before posting 'though) so I'll see about posting it after I've had a few hours' kip. I've been up all night :).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2007, 10:43:05 PM »

Ok sounds good. I guess it is about to get interesting.

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2007, 02:14:37 AM »

Kiaphas is stil hanging close to Naedath.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »

Another minor change here: I changed the cat's name to something pronouncable :). Originaly it was barely pronouncable and simply didn't roll off the tongue. It was Sizyi. So I changed it to Suki Yaki (the cat from Pinnocchio, no, not that one, the other one, Gepetto's pet cat who doesn't do anything exept go "meow" and generaly sound distressed when bad stuff's happening like Gepetto's boat has been eaten by the whale. Yes, it's a whale in the original story, not a shark, get over it folks :p).

I really am going to start that changes thread soon, I just don't have time to do it now 'though as I'm off out for a nice big game of Warmachine tonight.

Alex

« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »

What version of Pinnocchio are you ranting about? I'm sure it was a whale in the film...

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2007, 12:47:02 PM »

I've never heard of a shark in Pinnocchio either - it was a sperm whale in the film.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »

What version of Pinnocchio

The original story written by Carlo Colodi. Apparenly a lot of retellings of the story (especialy pantomimes) substitute a shark for the whale.