Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2018, 05:37:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Prepare to enter Deathtrap Dungeon  (Read 114316 times)

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
Re: Prepare to enter Deathtrap Dungeon
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »

"I can deal with all kinds of traps, pits and all forms of other nesties, but not magicaly anhanced bells, I say that way too." I say looking to Rhana and Ellion.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »

Rhana decides to go the 'safe' toute. "No need to waste seplls, maybe they are connected" :shrug:

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »

Ellion shrugs "So, let's go. We won't be wanting to ruin our young heros attempts at killing himself from exhaustion do we?"
She glances sideways at Sarian and starts walking muttering to herself "What's the bloody use of treating someone when they haven't got the sense to rest and let the treatment run its course?... well I give up, Let him do himself in, I just give up...."
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

"Let me tell you something Ellion. If a horse injures it's leg, it won't just sit and stay, it will get up and try to go. If it can go, it is still a healthy horse, if it can't, there is nothing more that can be done for it, as it will try and try, but fail and injure itself further. I'm still going, and I'm still breathing, so I can keep going. I'll die when I'm done living and loving it. That is the way of a true thief."

I have far too active an imagionation

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2007, 05:10:38 PM »

"HORSES!! So... You're suggesting that we shoot you when you can't go further? I'll be happy to!" Ellion snarls.
"Don't you teach ME about healing you scoundrel!"
Immanuel Kant.

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »

"I'm saying (raises voice) that I'll rest when I'm dead and take action whilst I can!"

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »

Dekion chuckles and leans over to Rhana "this is getting good."

Rhana shouts "Lets just relax and remember we have common enemies everywhere. We can argue all we want when we get out alive. Now shall we?"

Dekion follows Rhana toward the unexplored corridor that is parallel to the one with the bell. "Come on lets kill something else, it will make you feel better."

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2007, 01:23:40 AM »

Shortly up this hallway the group comes upon the aforementioned rods. They pass from wall to wall and rest about a foot off the floor and with three foot intervalls between them. There are twelve rods in all.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2007, 01:30:38 AM »

Dekion doesn't move any further but looks around to see if he notices anything out of the ordinary that might be a trigger for a trap (he takes his time in doing so)

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2007, 02:31:07 AM »

"Well take some action then mister master thief..." Ellion says with a surly voice and refuses to do anything at all except just stare at the rods as if afronted by them.
Immanuel Kant.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2007, 06:53:16 AM »

Balgin, can you please describe what Rhana can see of the walls and ceiling of the tunnel above the level of the bars, please?
:hal:   

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2007, 07:19:48 AM »

Rhana shouts "Lets just relax and remember we have common enemies everywhere. We can argue all we want when we get out alive. Now shall we?"

I mumble inaudibly, "yes, I do have a very common enemy."

"I thank you for the compliment," I say with a sarcastic grin on my face, then continue on and look at the floor before the first bar, cealing, the first bar and a foot or two past the bar if all looks clear.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:24:00 AM by eyeolas »

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2007, 07:32:07 AM »

Exuse me while I work this one out again because the description obviously assumes you're coming from the other direction as per the original adventure. it just means that I need to look at it from the opposite direction, I already did that whend escribing it but it matters more for the technical purposes of the encounter.

Whilst a cursory glance reveals nothing (remember that you need trapfinding to find a trap with a dc over 20) a more careful investigation enables Sarian to observe the edge of a pressure plate in the floor. It extends to a little past the near side of the closest rod and he cannot see the other side of the pressure plate. It could be very large indeed. Whatever it is he gets the impression that the presure plate is linked to something nasty in the walls and cieling and that stepping on the poles would allow him to safely traverse the trap (because if the poles are anything to go by then the pressure plate could be almost 40 feet long).

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #193 on: August 29, 2007, 07:39:44 AM »

"People, avoid the floors, there is some form of fake floor that will set of some form of trap, so.. use the poles, fly, walk on walls, just don't touch the floor." Once he finishes he turns, makes sure his backpack is securely fastened to his back and starts to crall along the poles

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »

Crawl as in lie flat and crawl or crawl as in move very slowly? Those poles are half a person's height apart so crawling across them could prove awkward with elbows and knees going down :p.