Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 10:46:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52394 times)

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: My brand new xray unit is fudge*ed and failed its compliancy test. Has been taken off line. Dont mind that i have patients to treat who are completely new. So an inability to impress them on day one is going to set us back.

So much for having a new state of the art clinic.

So many fudge*ups this month. Im so angry, annoyed, pissed and basically over this crud*. It seems no one can do their job properly. OR its all bad luck on my side.

It sucks because the company im dealing with for most of the fudge*ups, I actually get along really well with the owner, but his install staff cant get it right.

Really really  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »

You seem a bit tence today...   :dragon:

:tantrum:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #272 on: November 11, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »

Somebody's just left "constructive criticism" in my eBay messagebox re the portaloos we sell.

"I wanted to quesry you about the scale. I think these are a little on the small side for 28mm. I found you description misleading. I wont leave any feedback for this item but I just thought you should know."

Not only is his spelling all over the place, but the listing clearly shows a Eureka mini next to the loos just in case the description was in any way misleading. Must have sold >200 of these kits and nobody's mentioned them being undersized. Double checked the dimensions and at 1/55 scale they work out at 2.3m tall (about 7' 7") so if anything they're a tad tall.

Then checked the guy's feedback. Lots of minis bought - but nothing other than GW stuff. Hence his misunderstanding of the concept of "28mm scale" ;)

I bloody hate people querying scale. I do this  for a living  y'know :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #273 on: November 11, 2008, 04:06:43 PM »

You should put "Normal 28mm scale model, not GW 28mm which is 4mm bigger!"  on it next time.  :icon_wink:

And not forgetting the.  :tantrum:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #274 on: November 11, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »

They are sold as 1/55 suitable for 28mm miniatures.... no problems

GW ain't 28mm  :icon_wink:

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2008, 02:27:23 AM »

morons with access to internet  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #276 on: November 12, 2008, 04:32:13 AM »

the dispicable spam that the forum keeps getting hit by at the moment  :police: :tantrum:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #277 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »

I was pretty upset by the treehouse I bought from you - it is clearly not big enough for me to move into, and hasn't even been hollowed out! :tantrum: :icon_wink:

-ing idiots :tantrum: -ing -- the lot of them! :tantrum:

Somebody's just left "constructive criticism" in my eBay messagebox re the portaloos we sell.

"I wanted to quesry you about the scale. I think these are a little on the small side for 28mm. I found you description misleading. I wont leave any feedback for this item but I just thought you should know."

Not only is his spelling all over the place, but the listing clearly shows a Eureka mini next to the loos just in case the description was in any way misleading. Must have sold >200 of these kits and nobody's mentioned them being undersized. Double checked the dimensions and at 1/55 scale they work out at 2.3m tall (about 7' 7") so if anything they're a tad tall.

Then checked the guy's feedback. Lots of minis bought - but nothing other than GW stuff. Hence his misunderstanding of the concept of "28mm scale" ;)

I bloody hate people querying scale. I do this  for a living  y'know :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
:hal:   

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2008, 04:30:15 AM »

My 13 year old daughter is the type who "borrows" stuff from us (usually without asking). From her mum she borrows clothes and makeup mostly, from me sculpting stuff and my camera. Which is fine, she's a good photographer and MUCH better at photoediting than me, but things are never there when you look for them! And now she's gone and lost my camera!  :tantrum: :tantrum: Hopefully it's in the apartment of her friend where she spent the night and will show up 'cause I sure won't be able to afford a new one anytime soon  :tantrum:.

Well, well, anyways. Here's a little slightly disturbing youtubevideo she made with her brothers. Unfortunately we had to shrink the quality of the pics quite a lot to be able to upload it. The music is her playing a toypiano and was recorded when she was nine (can you tell she's a great Tim Burton fan?  :icon_wink::)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk7qXh846gA
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »

Hooray! (I know - this SHOULD go in the ANTI-rant thread but for continuitys sake I'll put it here) My daughters friend just called. They had found the camera (BEHIND their washing machine!  :tantrum: Why was it BEHIND their WASHING MACHINE!!!? :tantrum:

So I'll get it back tomorrow morning.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2008, 08:12:22 AM »

Partly antirant and mostly rant

Old patients are finding me slowly and surely, slowly rebuilding my book up again. But here is the rant......

When they are going to the old practice and ask for me, they are told
a: im in another state (old news they like to tell patietns, because its partially true about 8 months ago)
b: they dont know where i am ( consider that one of the girls who works there was a good friend, this hurts even more)

we are waiting weeks and not receiving transfers of patients records, not to mention that they are also telling patients that the patients don't own them, which is bollox.

Im just amazed at how pathetic their behavior is.

"the more your tighten your grip, the more patients will slip through your fingers. "  :tantrum: :tantrum:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »

:tantrum: =ing plumbing.  I hate =ing plumbing.

Been under the weather all weekend, and consequently couldn't sleep Saturday night.  At approx 12:30am I heard a strange noise, got up, and sourced the sound as coming from the toilet tank.  The washer had gone on the ballcock, and it was only because I was awake that I was able to turn off the water (OK, the wife did that bit when I shouted her awake) and contain the flood to only a couple of gallons of water - so no damage - but if I'd not been awake it could have been going for hours and destroyed God-alone-knows-what before we got to it. :tantrum:

:tantrum: Then, still feeling like rubbish*e and now extra tired as the adrenalin of averting the flood had kept me up until at least 3, I had to spend Sunday morning going and figuring out which bits to buy and fitting them to the toilet - and I hate =ing plumbing with a passion - not least when assisted by our 20 month old angel :tantrum:

Not so, bad really, I guess, but it pissed me right off.  Then Sunday afternoon, the wife comes out with "you're always tired at the weekend".  Of course I fudge*ing am! I'm made up with cold, had little sleep and had to do a repair job I hate while handling a toddler trying to steal my mole-grips over and over and over again. :tantrum:

At least she apologised after getting an ear-full and I didn't have to watch whichever meaningless sports award show it was last night and got to watch a decent game of football between the Bills and the Jets, that was more like rugby at times! :icon_biggrin2:
:hal:   

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2008, 06:23:47 AM »

lucky catch on the toilet mate. Scary stuff flooding.

:tantrum:
 :yeahthat:

MONKEY!  :monkey_dance:
Was here.  :tip-hat:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:58:11 AM by Monkey Magic »

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2008, 06:11:27 PM »

Getting dumped because my well meaning but rather patronising friend decided my girlfriend wasn't treating me right, that I was somehow too nice and naive to realise it for myself and sent off a disgusted email to her. Without letting the fact they had no idea of the real facts of the situation get in their way. Precipitating a scared, lonely girl with clinical depression into making a decision to let me go "for my sake". Goddamn meddlers!
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #284 on: December 18, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »

WHAT!

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Reminds me of my old boss, telling me to watch out as my girlfriend was "very friendly" with some guy he had seen her with.

She had known him for 4 years longer than me, and they are good friends.

And this was all because he was a sad lonely bloke who was too scared to chat a girl up, jealous, and hadn't told another friend that his wife was having an affair, so feeling guilty.

God knows what he would think of me sitting in a car chatting for 3 hours with a female friend at 2am, while my then girlfrind was ay home in bed.