Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 08:57:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52529 times)

Valloa

• Contributors
  • Wyrmling
    • Valloa's Vale
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2008, 05:20:47 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty.  If its any consolation at her age and health she probably did just go look for a good place to curl up.  We lost our 17 year old cat that way. To arthritic to walk well at all, next to no teeth but good health otherwise. Fine one day, then the next was searching out cubby holes until she found one she liked and just laid down and went.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »

Moving all my  hobby stuff into the new den in the house and finding i wont be able to put a couch in!!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

Cheating *****sons rip us off and rob us blind of our hard earned cash!
I recently discovered why Privateer Press' miniatures are so expensive on a model for model basis (compared to when they started out somewhat cheaper).

Those evil corporate sods are doing a really despicable thing. When I've looked at their prices in dollars and wondered why they were so much cheaper (given the exchange rates) than what we were paying for them (even taking import duties into account and stuff like that) I didn't know what I know now.

They convert the price from dollars into euros and then from euros into sterling. That way they actualy end up charging us a fair bit more than if they just converted it straight from dollars into pounds. Surely there should be laws against this dodgey money laundering practice (the ssame sort of laws that should prevent all these evil tax dodges propogated by those rich enough to do so).

Really 'though. They should just charge people the same instead of doing dodgey back room deals to artrificialy raise prices in some places. It's almost racism (and I wouldn't be surprised if certain other big companies who produce games with names like d20 haven't being doing the same thing for years).

:tantrum:

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #228 on: May 17, 2008, 05:33:45 AM »

buzzard* eczema flaring up on my hands and robbing me of my dexterity.

lately it's been getting worse and nothing seems to get it to heal up. as a reslut i'm having real trouble doing anything that requires dexterity (basically anything to do with minis)

when will it ever get better?  :tantrum:

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #229 on: May 17, 2008, 05:40:35 AM »

Have you tried some cortizone cream, (we have one in australia called elocon) it helps with that sort of thing.

Sorry to hear thats affecting your mini work... that chaps my ass.  :tantrum: :tantrum:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2008, 06:00:14 AM »

My brother has had serious eczema problems and got ordained all sorts of cortizona creams - which never helped. In the end he visited an expert at skin ailments and she provided him with something else (while cursing the doctors ordaining cortizone cream). According to her the body builds up a resistance to the effects of cortizone so it only helps for a short while and then the troubles come back. Usually worse than before  :tantrum: :tantrum:

I'll see if my brother knows what it was that helped him.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2008, 08:05:56 AM »

My younger brother uses a cream called lydex that he gets from the doctor.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2008, 09:29:50 AM »

Theres actually a fascinating theory that autoimmune diseases and hyperallegic reactions are due to our overly cleani living. These processes are the bodys way of dealing with parasites like worms and stuff like that. There is treatment with sterile worms for people with chrones disease with reversal of the symptoms.

Perhaps we need to eat more raw sushi?   :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: for stupid bodies reacting to ancient biological battles.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »

You do know they you can't go crazy sterilizing everything when Kay has the baby. I've heard that we help create a lot of the allergies our children have by not letting them get exposed to anything when they are little. Hell my parents let me play in the mud, run around in the park and get dirty all the time, and I'm not allergic to a damn thing.

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

Theres actually a fascinating theory that autoimmune diseases and hyperallegic reactions are due to our overly cleani living.

My kids should be safe then... *Pushes the three days old pizza away from the table to be able to write this sentence*
Nah, it's not QUITE as bad as that but...
Three year olds: Create a mess in five minutes that takes three hours to clean  :tantrum: :tantrum:
And three year olds with HELP from older siblings... :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2008, 05:10:23 PM »

Theres actually a fascinating theory that autoimmune diseases and hyperallegic reactions are due to our overly clean living.

Yep. That's one of the reasons I don't get ill as much as other people :p. I hate washing. I feel cold for about half a week afterwards (and by that time I feel back up at a comfy body temperature again). It's kind of like how my fingernails hurt for a couple of days after I cut them (doing the washing up's a pain and painting's almost out of the question).

Having no sense of smeel means I wash when I'm dirty, not when some silly german hypochondriac who bathes 3 or 4 times a day thinks I should :p. On the plus side I don't have as many health problems as most of the folk I know (but that doesn't mean the ones I do get are petty minor things either :().

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:19 PM »

:icon_scratch: :tantrum:

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »

Perhaps we need to eat more raw sushi? 

If the fish isn't raw it ain't sushi :tantrum: Also, I hate it when people say "Hey, I resemble that remark!" No you don't! You resent it! :tantrum:

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »

I hate it when people say "Hey, I resemble that remark!" No you don't! You resent it! :tantrum:

ah! but that's the fun of saying it. it originally started as a reaction to a put down that was particularly true in some way (without realising it), so people were making fun of themselves and the situation.

it's harder to spot the usage on line (and real meaning) but is much funnier in person.

which leads me to things that get lost in translation on the internet!!!! :Doh!: :tantrum:

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2008, 07:49:29 PM »

Perhaps we need to eat more raw sushi?

If the fish isn't raw it ain't sushi :tantrum: Also, I hate it when people say "Hey, I resemble that remark!" No you don't! You resent it! :tantrum:

Making an obvious blunder...  :Doh!: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: