Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 10:20:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52391 times)

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »

That and she didn't apologise.

Old people always shove in front of me and then look at me as if I'm the rude one!  :mumum: :tantrum: :angryfire:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »

I seem to attract the people who no one else will listen to....  :icon_neutral:

Walking about down the main street and this old guy I have never seen in my life starts talking to me.
I'm too nice to just tell him to bugger off or just walk away, so I'm stuck having to listen to his drivel about stuff I don't want to know about.  :tantrum:
Bad enough in the hotel when I worked the carvery , carving the meats and had the same old people each week telling me about the wee shop near them that sold the old fashion sweets from the big glass jars.
If they game me a bloody tip it wouldn't be so bad, but they didn't and I had to smile and nod my head each time when I felt like going  :thefinger:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »

I am 6 fut 7 and am on the larger build size now.) 

Stands to reason things like this happen to you.

SHRINK!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: Edit: fixed the quote tag :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 05:58:40 PM by Custom_Hobby »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

matty1001

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »

Right...long day...

Get my hands on Apple new OS, 10.5 Leopard. For my Laptop. (£1400, not something I want to damage)
Partition my iPod and mount the DMG file to it to use it as a bootable drive.

Stick the iPod in, and run Leopard. Choose to install over my existing settings (so all my files remain exactly where they are, just the OS changes)

Installs, restarts, then won't boot up. Just gets stuck on the first loading page. Wait an hour. Restart the macine, without the iPod drive pluged in. Same thing.

Browse online for a while on my main Mac find out that Apple has overlooked some problems where software from A.P.E. can override certain aspects of the command panel and make it's self 'known'. Leopard doesn't like this. (It's not a virus, just A.P.E's way of securing a 'monopoly' on your machine for it's products)

So now, i'm getting restless. Spend the next two hours typing commands into the 'self service' screen. basically manually deleting certain files. And moving stuff about.
Rebooted, still no luck.

Reinsert iPod and force the mac to search for bootable drives. Re-run the installer choosing "archive and install" which puts all your old files into a corner then updates everything else. Allowing you to manually move your files back.

Installer chrashes. Rerun the command, find out there is a ton of problems with the Hard Disk now. So run disk utility in an effort to patch over things until Leopard can install newer stuff over the top.

re-run the installer. Chrashes.

Realise I am about to lose about 2 years of college work, and all my personal stuff. Bugger. get's me firewire cable out. Proceeds to search through a jumbled mess of corrupted files to pick out my stuff. About 25GB's luckily it's all there. So an hour moving that to my main Mac.

Then re-run installer, but use fresh install. This will completely renew my Mac's software. Didn't crash.
Hopefully this is the solution, but i'v got another 18mins to wait in hope. Then if it does work, about 3 or 4 hours putting all my old apps, files, settings, bookmarks, emails back into the system.

Ahhhh isn't life fun.
But....16yr using a Mac, and this is my first problem. Not to shabby, just a bit of a pain.

Gggrrr  :tantrum:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »

:tantrum: :tantrum:            :tantrum: :tantrum:

Damn Host! They needed to restart the server and we were down for a bit!

:tantrum: :tantrum:    :tantrum: :tantrum:

King_Doberman

• Contributors
  • Wyrmling
  • I am not just a dog I am a Doberman.
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »

:ParentalADV: Ahhhhhhhhh the next fudge*er that looks at me in the wrong way in just going to beat the rubbish* out of them Ahhhhhhhhh.

why do people with small nasty dogs all ways think its the bigger dogs that are nasty. :angryfire: :Censored: :Censored:

I shall have know rubbish* head that my dog is not nasty as he is a therapy dog and if you don't move your fudge*ing mutt of a dog in two Min's I am going to stamp on its god dam head and then I am going to batter the holey rubbish* out of you next.

Ahhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I am not just a dog I am a Doberman.

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2007, 11:21:18 AM »

That aside stamping on small dogs is good fun. They make such a lovely squishing noice. Someone should make it part of the olympic games.

Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2007, 11:24:26 AM »

Where is Ray when we need him? He needs to police the thread and make sure people are not forgetting the :tantrum:  :icon_wink:

:tantrum:  :tantrum: 

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2007, 11:05:05 AM »

The bloody b*stard who hired me for a painting commision backed out without informing me at all gun3: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angrywife: :angry2: :angry1: :angry5: :angry4:

squigface

dargrin

• Juvenile Dragon
    • www.darkgrinminiatures.com
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »

I had that happen to me once Squig.  After a week of painting he told me to keep the fig as payment. What an A$$.   This is why I ask for a $20 down payment now on all my paint jobs before I accept any commission.

EDIT : :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: You forgot to add them... you have been warned  :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:10:28 AM by Custom_Hobby »
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »

Where is Ray when we need him? He needs to police the thread and make sure people are not forgetting the :tantrum:  :icon_wink:

:tantrum:  :tantrum: 

Sorry customhobby. The joyful stomping of minor sized canines should of course rightly belong in the ANTI rant thread.... or possibly in the "other hobbies" thread (do we have one...?)
I'm so STOOPID sometimes  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Immanuel Kant.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2007, 05:12:01 AM »

The bloody b*stard who hired me for a painting commision backed out without informing me at all gun3: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angrywife: :angry2: :angry1: :angry5: :angry4:

squigface

Is it something worth selling? Something one of the guys here might be interested in? :icon_ermm:

Oh ... :tantrum:
:hal:   

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2007, 08:07:01 AM »

Nope, he said he had sent them and stuff but he obviously didn't. Ah well, I might ge a better paid painting commision anyway, just a bit of a shame as with that commision and the new one I could have affored that laptop I really wanted.

Squify

EDIT: You forgot the  :tantrum:

:icon_wink:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 05:01:42 PM by Wristaction »

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »

Someones going to get a smack on the botty!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angrywife: :angrywife: :bottom: 

IVE GOT A FEVER FOR  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

Someones going to get a smack on the botty!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angrywife: :angrywife: :bottom: 

IVE GOT A FEVER FOR  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
All last week I had a fever and  :bottom: :angryfire: that developed into :pottytrain2:  :blowup: :pottytrain5: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_l: :blob8:

I felt like  :pottytrain4: most of the week and i am just getting over it...... now Sally is getting it too :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angrywife: :angrywife: :bottom: