Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 09:53:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52387 times)

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:13 PM »

bollocks! i have been stripping an old citadel lava dragon over the past week (there was a lot of caked on layers of paint). i finally look to have it done and dry-assemble it.......

turns out the wings were never the originals and would never fit on without lots of conversion work.

then.....with my eczema encrusted fingers i go and drop the thing on a hard kitchen floor.....

in my attempt to catch it i knock half the stuff off the kitchen surface  (kettle with boiled water, tenderiser, toaster)

suffice to say my hands took the hit of the scalding water, the tenderiser landed on the mini (doing what it does best) and the toaster did for the rest.

had to write off a project i was looking forward to and hurt myself in the process.

buggeration big time. :tantrum:

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2008, 04:48:18 PM »

that is a bummer on so many levels   

Sagunt

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:53 AM »

There is treatment with sterile worms for people with chrones disease with reversal of the symptoms.

First, the obligatory :rant: Inadequate dissemination of useful information.

Why doesn't Gareth know about this?  AM, you want to forward this to him at FoD, or shall I?

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »

I didnt know he had that problem  :tantrum:

But i read it in a popular science book on parasites ( i have different reading tastes to the norm)
Im not sure if its a valid therapy at this stage. Ill see if i can find the book. Parasite Rex was the name i think.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Sagunt

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »

I'm not positive, but I think he mentioned it with the other things he's got going on

I'll dig round for more info.

Sagunt

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »

I googled "parasite Rex" and found a good discussion, with links and refs at the Internet Infidels forum. I'll send grekwood a link to thread when I get home.

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »

I really try to get some hours sculpting in EVERY night. a bit more in the weekends. Today I've been out paddling a kayak all day, my arms are like spaghetti and when I try to sculpt my hands just shake. VERY frustrating! It's like being a junkie denied his fix  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Guess I'll just hit the bed early tonight...

We'll see how it goes on Wednesday. That's climbing day...

"my" kid that I work with has "summer holidays" but is still at school for three weeks more so I try to fill his days with some interesting activities...

I hate it when people say "Hey, I resemble that remark!" No you don't! You resent it! :tantrum:

I Have NEVER once heard anyone say that  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Besides, what if you say something that I think resembles me very much, would I then not be resembling that remark?  :icon_wink:

I've stopped getting irritated when people say something "wrong" because probably it's not. Probably it's just me being to stupid to understand what they REALLY meant.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:08:18 PM by Bodhi »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »

I hate it when people forget to post  :tantrum: in this topic.....  :rant:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Sagunt

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »

I hate it when people forget to post  :tantrum: in this topic.....  :rant:
:tantrum:

I hate it when something is attributed to me based on appearances without having all the information. :tantrum: I hate when typing on my phone I am limited to what's available so that it appears I forget something I've not.  :occasion14:

Then there's my students who care little for the future in any way.  Theirs or others.   :tantrum:  They're gangsters and thugs.

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »

I hate when clients direct your art down a road you know looks retarded and then seem suprised when everyone else notices how retarded it is....then they turn on you the artist.

:tantrum: :tantrum:

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2008, 05:23:52 AM »

gun10:

sorry just had to get that off my chest.
I'll be in my bunk.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:12 AM »

Thats cool, but you forget the :tantrum: :icon_wink:

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »

sorry.... :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
I'll be in my bunk.

eastman

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »

Perhaps we need to eat more raw sushi?

If the fish isn't raw it ain't sushi :tantrum: Also, I hate it when people say "Hey, I resemble that remark!" No you don't! You resent it! :tantrum:

Actually, "sushi" is vinegared rice, topped with fish, meat or vegetables. There are plenty of authentic Japanese sushi items with no fish at all (egg is a common ingredient). Sometimes the fish is cooked (such as smoked eel, smoked salmon and shrimp). See Here for more info.

And "I resemble that remark!"  is a 3 Stooges quote. (Although some sources state it was used in Amos n Andy first) People use it when they think they are being funny.

So my rant is about people who rant about things they don't really understand.   :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

:shrug:
I love the smell of DullCote in the morning. It smells like ... VICTORY! - me

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »

I went to an interview for a job this week... and failed to get it again. I asked for some feedback and it turned out I was an "excellent" candidate who just needs a little more experience.  :tantrum:
But no one will employ me so I can get my extra experience.  :tantrum: :tantrum:
It also turned out I was the next choice after the person who got the job. That has been the case on my last 4 interviews.  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
I'm sick and tired of being second best in a Catch 22 situation :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx