Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 10:14:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52390 times)

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »

Well, it looks like my PC went kersplut last night.  It will no longer get past post in the bootup proccess.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2008, 09:10:58 AM »

You forgot the :tantrum:

Does it say why? :tantrum:
:hal:   

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

No.  It doesnt.  Sometimes it doesnt even clear the MoBos splash page(In my case ASUS DUNH DUNH DUUUH).  Ive gone into bios and its locked up. :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Im thinking a stick of RAM went BZORTCH and thats the problem I THINK

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2008, 04:57:04 AM »

:tantrum: :tantrum:

OK im annoyed, but not completely as mad as the little red man on the screen appears to be. Just one of those joys of treating the scum of humanity. There are areas in Sydney which are low socioeconomic, the sub humans who live in these areas are kind of like Chavs, or Rednecks. Anyhoo, no honour, no code.

I have slowly moved away from treating people from these areas because they will not respect your work, not want to pay its value and generally try to get everything out of life for nothing. They also are the type that think A current affair/ Today tonight. (generally trash journalism that expose dodgy trading/ the latest cancer scare and fear tactics) Is the weapon to get your own way.
They always scream about having a fair go etc etc. The worst stereotype of australia.

I have usually been able to screen these people and steer them somewhere else, but i got caught when i took over my bosses cases. He had been treating this person, (in herself she wasnt too bad, it was the rest of the troglodyte family that were the hard cases) my job was to hand over a denture after getting it relined. I do my usual thing, put the denture in, make sure it fits fine. get the suction right on it. Bingo all good. But the design is pretty ordinary, ie the teeth position looks a bit sub par. But hey its not my job, the patient has had the denture for a bout a year.... the story finished.. but is it. (i only get half the fee BTW I dont care since all i have to do is hand it over )

They rock up a couple of weeks later, livid. Looking for someone to blame etc etc. I politely explain that I didnt do the job, only the reline insert which all was fine. However I want to improve things, so i tell them "look, not the best look, it can be improved." So its not a big deal, just leave the denture with us, we will strip the teeth and reset them in wax. Complaints about being without the denture (WTF i thought you dont like it) Anyhoo, we reset the teeth. Looks good. patient happy. We send them off to the lab to be finished.

The witch* doesnt turn up to pick them up. Sends her sister and then refuses to finalise the outstanding account for the reline. Ive basically worked for nothing to fix up the bosses work  and she hasnt even paid the difference for the original work. Threatened to report us to the Department of Fair Trading. (again no case since i actually fixed everything up no charge) 

Meh, im more annoyed that my prejudiced view of these people is just reinforced yet again. fudge* em, i wouldnt trade lives with them and they are not happy people. Im just annoyed that they have the right to vote in elections. Do i sound like a right elitist prick yet?  :tantrum: :tantrum:  Im trying so hard to be a nice guy who loves humanity, and yet bird flu sounds like a good solution to alot of the worlds problems.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2008, 05:26:30 AM »

well you can always go to sleep with the happy thought that once they figure out how to make a zamboni for glass, we can relocate all the idiots to quebec and nuke the place. seriously ive had my fair share of dits like this, and it never gets any easier dealing with em, but there is the bright side that you will never have to deal with these people again (hopefully) and that should be a somewhat cherry thought.
I'll be in my bunk.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2008, 05:56:32 AM »

Actually ive given orders that she and her family are not to be seen at the practice ever again. even for adjustments. If you give someone a break and then they threaten you, you need to cut them off at the knees. Pray i never get in charge of a country.  :tantrum: :tantrum:  Happy days now.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2008, 08:53:55 AM »

Actually ive given orders that she and her family are not to be seen at the practice ever again. even for adjustments. If you give someone a break and then they threaten you, you need to cut them off at the knees. Pray i never get in charge of a country.  :tantrum: :tantrum:  Happy days now.

You've already got a geek in charge of your country ;)

Oh, :tantrum:

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »

Play.com were selling "Warhammer Mark of Chaos (PC)" for £9.99 so I orded it and the add on "Warhammer Mark of Chaos Battle March (PC)" as well.
"Warhammer Mark of Chaos (PC)" arived and there was on sealed cover on it, when I opened it the instruction book was well handled, I checked the DVD and it has slight scratch's but was not loose.
WHen I tried to play it online I was tols the code you enter to play online was in use...   :tantrum:
It's supposed to be new but it's used!!!  :tantrum:

I contacted them and they have none left so I have to return them both for a refund!  :tantrum:

I can see why they were selling them cheep as a combine pack of both the game and add on is coming out soon for less than buying them sepertly.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

Grrrr Copy protection and online gaming.. ive been stung with purchases as well.. I know your pain.
 :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2008, 11:44:43 AM »

got made redundant today  :tantrum:

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2008, 07:09:02 AM »

Hi

:tantrum:

Speaking of GW models - I checked their site in USA & found that it would be cheaper for me to buy from them & have the order sent thousands of miles to me in UK, than it would for me to buy direct from the GW UK! This despite the recent sterling devaluation vs USD!.

Go figure.......

Cheers
Paul H

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2008, 07:17:49 AM »

Go figure.......

Is that a minatures-based pun?  :icon_ermm:  :icon_wink:

:tantrum:

Medved

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2008, 08:01:41 AM »

still no fooking interviews!  :tantrum:

i need a job offer in the bank and soon. oh and the job centre wants my passport and the wife's one too so that they can make sure she is actually slovakian!  :tantrum: :knob:

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2008, 08:23:27 AM »

That makes me :tantrum:

Why do they need to ensure your wifes nationality

Medved

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »

That makes me :tantrum:

Why do they need to ensure your wifes nationality

'cos' we'll be claiming as a family and they need to makes sure she is allowed 'recourse to public funds'  :tantrum: