Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 09:37:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52385 times)

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2007, 10:14:21 AM »

i am fudge*ing well stuck in court again. i have been lumbered with judges that sit so fudge*ing late into the evening that i am not getting home until 6pm (i usually am home just shy of 4pm) i gave my boss a talking to this morning as i am so utterly pissed off with the fact that i am constantly left in court having to clerk a slow and incompetent judge whilst the rest of the court staff bugger off home.  i have kids to look after and need to be able to go home in a sane condition. they just won't put anybody else in court (as they whine out of it or refuse to do it)  looks like no evening for me again tonight.    :tantrum:

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »

Hope it's not what I had, it lasted 5 days and I was not back to my normal self till 4 days after that.

:tantrum:

It's simply NOT OK to contaminate someone with your diseases on an internet forum.
SHAME on you! :tantrum: :tantrum:

No but really I think working on that buffet while the youngest was sick and all that just made me collapse like a punctuated balloon once I was done. That's usually what happens... I've been working more or less 24 hours in a row on it (three hours sleep in between)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:27:46 AM by Bodhi »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Medved

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »

gravel on roads!   :tantrum:  went for a street skate at a fair pace tonight. i now have lost a lot of skin on my left arm  due to road covered in gravel ( gravel or loose surface + skate wheels = rapid decelleration and/or crash)

my left arm is covered in blood and it is going to sting like crazy when i get in the shower to clean it up. 

london roads..........ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :tantrum:

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2007, 09:04:38 PM »

:tantrum: damn motivation. Since i got the flu twice and the winter weather set in, i havent been exercising, now im back where i was back in Jan.. all those months of weights and swimming gone, the bellys back .

So i hit the weights today.. damn im out of shape. Gotta make myself beautiful again, or the wife will start withholding marital privileges.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2007, 09:36:03 PM »

Get to work Kurt!

OK PUNK!  gun6:

Remember to put the  :tantrum: in your post next time.

:icon_wink:

Edited by Wristy  :icon_whistling:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 11:25:28 PM by Wristaction »

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »

Wednesday I got my pay slip and they had taken the three days I was off sick off me again, I needed the money for direct debits coming out and went to see the girl who does the wages.....  :tantrum:
Seen the bit_h that does the wages and she didn't believe me that it was taken out last week and went and checked the day to day sheets, which showed that I had worked all last week....  :tantrum:
She said she had no money to give me and I said I would get it Friday as that was the day I would have had it anyway, in an "I'm not worried or give a sh_t" way she said she would see what she could do....  :tantrum:
The manager phoned me later that day and asked a favour of me and I said yes and asked him for one and explained about my wages.
He got onto one of the big boss's and told me I would have it Thursday.
I asked the Bit_h on Thursday and she said she didn't have it and it would be Friday, so yesterday i went to get it and the F'n BIT_H was away to an doctor's appointment!!!!!   :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
She was due back in 5 Min's so I waited 20 Min's and still no sign of her so  phoned the manger and explained what was happening, he said she was told to have it ready Thursday, he got one of the supervisors to give me the money.
She knew on Wednesday she would be away Friday when she said to me...  :tantrum:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Medved

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2007, 04:44:18 PM »

sick children! teething children! rrrrrrrrr.......  my son just won't let us get a moment's peace.  he wont sleep, wont eat and has seem to have given up milk too.  he is into climbing everything and generally getting into dangerous situations.

he is really clingy to my wife at the moment, so she is really grumpy with having him like this all day. any time i get near any of my minis the wife grumbles or gives a disapproving comment and/or my son suddenly starts screaming again.

late night posting is all the hobby related stuff i can get at the moment. :tantrum:

can't paint because i'm so flipped out i want to smash something  :smalldiablo:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2007, 05:24:34 AM »

:tantrum:  Bloody slack-idle dinosaur-mentality unthinking dimwit CWU agitators are really, really, really P*SS*ING ME OFF!!!  Honest hard-working men and women are being, not only put out, but having their livelihoods and their businesses put on the line and facing insolvency because some greedy, idle slackwits want to be paid to go home early every day!  What is this?  When the hell did I start living in a society that pays people not to work? :tantrum:

Now, don't get me wrong, the other side of this dispute is not being reasonable either and is trying to change conditions to an unreasonable amount, which just makes things worse :tantrum:  But the action being taking by the CWU, especially the unofficial (and perhaps unlawful) walkouts spurred on by agitators after two days of official striking is absolutely and deeply irresponsible and a totally unacceptable way to behave in a modern society that relies on the postal service for the movement of small goods items to keep the economy working properly - and no I'm not actually talking about miniatures. God, I should think we can all survive without miniatures for a couple of weeks (with the exception of the manufacturers we all know and love, of course).  This is much bigger than that and I'm really really, really angry.  I've never even held a gun, or wanted to, but someone who knows about these things needs to go and gun4: some of this idiots and remove them from our society before the really start destroying it. :tantrum:  At the very least, the people in charge of this militant idiotic union should be strung up by their testicles until they are castrated for allowing the rank-and-file members of their union to get involved in malicious wilcat strikes immediately after an official walkout. :tantrum:

But is anything going to be done?  No, of course not because our great leader is so beholden to the unions financially that he can't make a move against them, even when they're crippling an business that his government wholly owns!  Compounded with the fact the he keeps going missing every time there is a real crisis in the nation, it just goes to show why he was stuck as Chanceller for ten years, ruining the economy by building up a ridiculous amount of government debt and just spending it on things that provided short-term vote-winning satisfaction, like some teenager with their first credit card building up so much debt spending it on frivilous here-and-now nonsense and crippling them financially for the future when those debts start getting called in :tantrum:  But will he suffer?  No of course he bloody wont!  Its the rest of us who have to pay for this monsterous level of incompetence and self-indulgence as our taxes are racked up again and again and again. :tantrum:  And we can't even get rid of the slack-jawed incompetent as he clings on to power like a rat clinging to the flotsum of a ship that it has already caused to sink. :tantrum:

Will someone shoot the bloody lot of them, and let us have a chance to at least choose a different bunch of idiots of rubbish* on us for a while? :tantrum:  Then at least we might have a chance of having a decent postal service once more - a postal service that used to be the pride of Britain and the envy of the world, but now has become a home for the work-shy diprubbish*s who can't seem to be bothered to redraft their CVs and look for work elsewhere when their jolly little number is discovered and clamped down on. :tantrum:

On a postitive note.  Thanks to CH for this thread and the chance to get that out of my system :)
:hal:   

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2007, 05:56:11 AM »

Uh..Oh....

In which country do you live Keeper? :icon_ermm:

Medved

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2007, 06:57:43 AM »

i believe he lives in good ol' blighty (UK)

which is enough in itself to have a  :tantrum:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2007, 09:16:50 AM »

Yep. The UK. :tantrum:

And you probably didn't know, Chrysalis, but if you post in this thread, you're supposed to add a tantrum :tantrum:, whether you're ranting or replying.  Just so you know ;)

If something gets you really riled (and I hope nothing does), like Medved and I have in the last couple of days, posting about it here is really quite a cathartic way to let off steam ... :tantrum:

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2007, 09:35:21 AM »

:tantrum: Damn me! I should be reading the rules before replying stupid things anywhere! :tantrum:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2007, 07:54:33 AM »

OK, I don't even know if this is a rant, but I couldn't think of a better thread to put this comment in. So :tantrum: Actually its more of a "What are they thinking" issue, but I'll leave it here, I think.

So surfing the internet at lunchtime, I visited a usual haunt and was confronted with the photos, linked below.

If I painted a miniature like this, you'd all have a quiet word via PM about the falling standards on my paintwork.  How, exactly do people like this go out in public?

Should I even mock them at all - is in fact some disease that is spreading thoughout society and these people are to be pitied instead?  Are they just victims of a disfiguring disease trying to make the best life they can?  Are they even human, or aliens bent on invading earth?

And finally, and perhaps the most important question of all - which is worse? The Oompa Lumpas or the attractive young women being seen in public dating them?

Actually, a bigger question than that is how can the attractive young lady in the white dress be seen out with someone who's waistcoat clashes with her dress?

I know that I really shouldn't criticise people for their appearance, but in this case I just can't help myself when someone appears to go out of their way to look this bad. :tantrum:

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2007, 07:37:16 AM »

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

So last Sunday I decided to fix the CPU fan on my PC-it had been sluggish in running up to speed and I was sick of it.

My computer will now not reboot.  what.....the....f__k.   I am NOT a computer idiot but apparently I have just screwed my machine totally and I cannot figure out how.  All pins are still fine on CPU, all connections "look" ok...but the peice of garbage wont boot up.  Its like it no longer recieves power (power supply still powers up tho).  I swear I wanted to kill someone-a random someone- just to remember what a causul relationship was.

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2007, 07:56:04 AM »

If it's just a blank screen, then your CPU might be buggered from the fan not working right and it's overheated.
Have you tried a new fan incase the old one is buggered.

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:15:41 PM by Wristaction »
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction