Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 10:25:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52533 times)

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2007, 05:55:29 PM »

I've had a cold that won't quite become a PROPER cold, just general heavy tiredness (Even lifting a pack of milk feels heavy) for four and a half weeks now...
 :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Funny thing is when I went to Malta diving I kind of postphoned it for a week and hardly noticed. As soon as I came back home it returned with a vengeance though  :tantrum: :tantrum:
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

King_Doberman

• Contributors
  • Wyrmling
  • I am not just a dog I am a Doberman.
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »

Having to go on a double date with two people I don't even know or want to know.

and then having to spend time with them after when we all go back to my GF home.

me and my GF Joan don't get to see each other every day as we live to far a part and me having to spend time chatting to some fella when I cud be spending it all with Joan is pi##ing me of big time.

but I have to be nice as its Joan's best friend from when they were kids.

time to get drunk.

I am not just a dog I am a Doberman.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2007, 09:13:22 AM »

Sorry customhobby. The joyful stomping of minor sized canines should of course rightly belong in the ANTI rant thread.... or possibly in the "other hobbies" thread (do we have one...?)
I'm so STOOPID sometimes  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

:tantrum: No worries Bodhi. Everyone forgets every now and then. I really wrote the post hoping to see Ray. He has been quiet of late.

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2007, 03:09:57 AM »

Isn't there another Hell Dorado player in my area?  :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I've finished painting my boxed set minis by the end of September, and the only other player I found didn't even had painted minis and hasn't been showing any life sign for more than two months :tantrum:

The only games people seem to be playing massively here are #*ù$µ WH40K and #*ù$µ WHFB :tantrum::tantrum:

But I'm really not interested in those games, first because I really don't like plastic minis :tantrum: and also because I feel like a #*ù$µ retarded when the GW store guys talk to me :tantrum: :tantrum: (no I won't EAT your #*ù$µ green stuff, YES I know it's not TRUE green stuff but you're the only #*ù$µ store selling some in this #*ù$µ area :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:)

The only other minis shop mainly does GW, Rackham crud*py stuff and Warmachine. But I really don't like the Warmachine minis look :tantrum:

I think there's a game club where people play Bloodbowl. I think I'll just blow the dust off my never-played-team and join them.

The worst thing is that Hell Dorado sold very well according to the shop guy, but nobody comes at his store to play :tantrum:

dargrin

• Juvenile Dragon
    • www.darkgrinminiatures.com
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »

I HATE HATE HATE CONTRACTORS.  :mumum: They either are really nice and over charge for there services or charge reasonably and  don't come over when they say they would.  I went home early TWICE to let this guy in.  And both times he was either late or a no show. WTF!   :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:  Pick up the gwad dam phone will ya!

The sad part about all of this is he was recommended by my brother.  Guess what he is a plummer!   :mumum: :mumum:

I really really hate it when things go wrong and I don't know how to figure it out.  I will either screw it up more or add much more time and effort then required. :smalldiablo:
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »

I abseloutly HATE dealing with the Icelandic postal services, and I'm glad I'm moving to England next summer so I can rid myself of they're beourocratic imbecillity :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Squig

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

...But in England they're ALLWAYS on strike!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

And you can't blame the icelandic post really, with such a HUGE population to handle they have their hands full  :icon_rolleyes:
Immanuel Kant.

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

i'm not get any...........of anything. so i'm not happy :tantrum:

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »

...But in England they're ALLWAYS on strike!!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

as will the police, hospital workers, ambulance drivers, and most civil servant be too.

pay rises below inflation for the 6th year running, govt minister voting themselves 6% and telling civil servants they can only have 1.5% while cutting their jobs and expecting the same amount of work with 25% less staff.

the next couple of years are going to see lots of strikes in the UK, all against a labour govt :tantrum: :tantrum:

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »

Well good luck to them. I'm all for a wellplaced strike when it's needed.

Oh right, I have to rant...

But I still want my mail delivered in time  :tantrum: :tantrum:
Immanuel Kant.

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »

Some little git just left me neutral feedback on my eBay store because one sheet of plasticard on his order was "dirty and edge not grate" (sic)  :tantrum: My first non-positive feedback in over 5 years selling on eBay, and he didn't even have the sense or decency to get in touch first to raise the issue. I always make a point of replacing/refunding for anyone who's not satisfied with their stuff - and in this case, the irony is that the same guy also left positive feedback for the other two items he bought saying how good a deal it was and how great the postage discount.

Some people just need a good kicking :tantrum:

*adds another buyer to blocked list*
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2008, 03:37:04 PM »

Selected two sets of these and payed for they right away.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320189858089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

The guy emailed me asking if it was ok to post them Monday instead of Friday and I said that was fine.
The parcel arrived on Thursday and was postmarked Wednesday but I was happy enough.
I was not so happy after opening it as only one set was in the parcel.  :icon_neutral:
I contacted him and after three emails he said there was only one sent and he would send out another.
With Christmas two weeks away I allowed a good amount of time for them to arrive, but when It was starting hit the new year I emailed him again and he said would post it out on Wednesday 02-01-08 and I said that was ok.

It was getting close to the 45 day limit to clam with paypal so I waited till 44 days since I payed and reported it to paypal.  :knob:
After two weeks with him no replying and me post three messages I said I would upgrade to a clam today and I have.  :tantrum:

I have the feeling he was just stringing me along and waiting for the paypal time to run out.  :tantrum:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2008, 06:25:48 PM »

I've just had 3 days off work with a viral infection of my right eye. Lesions, bleeding, swollen agony for the best part of a working week but the anti-virals are working and despite continuing pain and swelling I went back into work today. So I do not appreciate the implication that I am some sort of  :swear: -ing slacker working their system, at my ironically named "Welcome Back" meeting!!!! Especially as these are the only days off sick so far this financial year!!! Gah!!!!! I gotta get me a new job!
 :angry4::tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :angry4:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

dargrin

• Juvenile Dragon
    • www.darkgrinminiatures.com
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »

I love my network. Loading anything is like I am on a 14.4 modem.  So when I do have the opportunity to look up some figs online, takes me forever then I get the kicker.  "Click here for a bigger picture"  and guess what, IT'S THE SAME SMALL PICTURE  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2008, 05:24:53 PM »

I agree, its so annoying when you click on a pic and it shows exactly the same size one as before.  I usully close down the page and erase from memory as their lack of effort leads to my lack of buying from them  :icon_w00t:  You can right click and save pic so you can zoom in on it but it shouldnt be necessary and is just laziness on the posters part.

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:11:06 PM by Wristaction »