Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 10:41:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: The Rant Thread  (Read 52534 times)

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
Re: The Rant Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 07:15:28 AM »

when will the friggin eczema on my hand go away!  :tantrum:  ever since my son arrived on the scene (8 weeks old now) i have ahd really bad eczema on my hands. constant washing and bathing is killing my hands, they are soooo sore right now and i can't even hold a paintbrush as they are either toopainful to grip something thin or all slimy and slippery (from the cream i put on them)

unless they get better soon i wont just be  :tantrum: i'll be  :violent4:

Rays Bat

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »

I got my shoes!

Black and cream rather than navy blue and white.

Makes me feel wobbly but the fun is getting used to them. What's not fun is the blisters on my heel :tantrum:

Tiacapan

• Dragon Egg
  • Outside your house raking through your bins!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »

:tantrum: (getting it in early)

Here's something that drives me nuts.  I've just completed a move to Glasgow after working in London for 6 years, my boss has been great and is letting me work at home for three weeks out of four as long as I come into the office in London for the fourth week...so far so good.  However the cheapest hotel in london is going to cost me £50 a night!!!!  So for one week in London it'll cost me £350...for just a place to lay my head!  Now a mate of mine has just booked a week in Spain in a nice hotel including flights, meals the works for around half of that.  How is that fair!!!  And I got no help from the HR dept of the company either...

London is the worst city in the world...well it isn't but it's definitely the priciest!!!!

Grrrrrr... :tantrum:

cheddarmonger

• I Smell of Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Mature Adult dragon
  • It looked like a mouse hole to me?
    • Cheddarmongers
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »

Those are some pretty snappy shoes!

Yeah, they aren't the most supportive shoes, but heck, you're young!   :tantrum:
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »

Here's something that drives me nuts.  I've just completed a move to Glasgow after working in London for 6 years, my boss has been great and is letting me work at home for three weeks out of four as long as I come into the office in London for the fourth week...so far so good.  However the cheapest hotel in london is going to cost me £50 a night!!!!  So for one week in London it'll cost me £350...for just a place to lay my head! 

Not to Shots I hope ;-)

I don't know where you have to be in London.. but have you considered a B&B outside London and commuting in?

They might give you a reduced rate for regular weeklong bookings too.

Of course you then have to deal with commuting  :tantrum:

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »

I want Brian's trousers!  :tantrum:

Well,  not his actual ones, but ones just like them.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 03:19:43 PM »

I just put my six year old son to bed. As usual it took about an hour "Daddy I'm thirsty", "Daddy I'm scared" "Daddy I can't sleep"  :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :bighug: 

(Combination of smileys meant to mean "He drives me absolutely nuts some times but I love him...")
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »

Realising that your mini painting isn't as bad as you thought and that everyone takes better photos than you  :tantrum:

Grrrrrrr!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 05:19:14 PM by gi6ers »

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

realising that i can't paint and that my photos are worse than gi6ers  :tantrum:

Hmmm... I've got a hammer here on my desk... Oh, and there's my brand new digital camera...

Let me just follow that thought for a moment...

Hey here are a bunch of sculptures to...

this looks like it's gonna be fun  :tard: >:D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 06:00:51 PM by Bodhi »
Immanuel Kant.

Tiacapan

• Dragon Egg
  • Outside your house raking through your bins!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »

I don't know where you have to be in London.. but have you considered a B&B outside London and commuting in?

Wish I could unfortunately I have to be within the M25, have a parking space and have 24 access to my car as I'm on call for the week I'm down...curse my job, time to get my CV up to date!

:tantrum:

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 06:26:36 AM »

I lived in Barking up til September last year and they have hotels (just a room basically) for around £40 per night so you're not gonna get much cheaper if you look just outside London.  The only decent option is look to rent a room in someones house for about £80-100 per week, check out the local newspapers in an area you fancy.  £350 per week rent is fine if you earn £1000 per week......

Rant thread......I am a West Ham fan.....this forum hasnt the capacity to take my rants !!!!! :tantrum:

Those shoes.......crikey......they are......erm.....different.....If we were all the same the world would be a boring place !!!!!   I have a tie that matches the checks on them perfectly, same size and colour!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:48:59 AM by Custom_Hobby »

Rays Bat

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »

I wish the best in life for you with every members of  your family, and i hope you will receive this mail in good spirit and respond quickly with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. I am a born again Christian and I wouldn't like to deal with any body who does not have fear of God in his/her heart, so if you know that you are not a God fearing person, please do not respond to this mail.

Please protect this mail for the safety of my life to avoid me being tortured or killed because of what my late father left for me. please i humbly beg you from the bottom of my heart and as a Christian to listen very carefully to my plea, the situation in my country is very critical and chaos, uproar and hostilities had brought the country to its knees and from intelligent report the center cannot hold anymore for the latest president (Mr. Laurent Gbagbo). The intense pressure from the rebels in the northan, western and central part of the country had made the security of the country unsure.

Meanwhile, permit me to inform you about my desire to go into business relationship with you. I need all the help i could get from you at this very  moment. I am Tana Babam, the real son of Mr and Mrs joseph Babam, my father was a very rich farmer and cocoa merchant, based in Abidjan: the economic capital of Ivory coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings to discuss on a business issue. My father was married with two wives, four children while my mother was his first wife, while i am the only son.

After my mother died on the october 24th 1990, my father took me so special since i am motherless. Before the death of my father on december 26th 2005 in a private hospital where he was admitted, he called me secretly to his bed side and told me about money ,the sum of us$ 5 million (five million dollars )he lodged in a suspense account in a particular bank here in Abidjan . He told me that he used my name as the next beneficiary in deposit of the money, these i will send you the document upon your request. Also he explained to me that it was because of this money he was poisoned by his business partner , that i should seek for a reliable foreign partner in a country of my choice to assist me to transfer this money to an overseas account where it will be used for a proper future investment purpose in any lucrative business .

I am honourable soliciting for your kind assistance as follows:
(1) to provide a bank account where this money will be transfer to for an investment purpose in a profitable out fit which you know best.
(2)to serve as the guardian of this money since i am a boy of 22 years old.
(3)to make arrangement for me in your country to continue my education career.

I am promise to offer you 15% of the total money as the mode of compensation for your effort to assisting me after the transferring this money to your nominated account overseas. Please i will be very happy if this transaction will be concluded quick.. I am expecting to hear from you as soon as possible and i will like you to give me your private telephone and the fax number in replying of this proposal.

If you are capable and know that you will truly and honestly help me as an honest person, please write me now hence time is no more on my side because i really want to come your country, to continue my education that is very, very important for me and also re-settle my dear life in your country. Please bear in mind that this fund is not a looted or stolen money but rather a legitimate inheritance from my late father.

Thanks and god bless you as you do hear the voice of an orphan carying.

Best Regards,
Tana Babam.

Aww, bless...he thinks I've got money in my bank account.

I've got an urge to reply; giving him a spectacular escape plan from his country (which needs to involve flying monkeys)

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 11:19:27 AM »

I wish the best in life for you with every members of  your family, and i hope you will receive this mail in good spirit and respond quickly with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. I am a born again Christian and I wouldn't like to deal with any body who does not have fear of God in his/her heart, so if you know that you are not a God fearing person, please do not respond to this mail.

Please protect this mail for the safety of my life to avoid me being tortured or killed because of what my late father left for me. please i humbly beg you from the bottom of my heart and as a Christian to listen very carefully to my plea, the situation in my country is very critical and chaos, uproar and hostilities had brought the country to its knees and from intelligent report the center cannot hold anymore for the latest president (Mr. Laurent Gbagbo). The intense pressure from the rebels in the northan, western and central part of the country had made the security of the country unsure.

Meanwhile, permit me to inform you about my desire to go into business relationship with you. I need all the help i could get from you at this very  moment. I am Tana Babam, the real son of Mr and Mrs joseph Babam, my father was a very rich farmer and cocoa merchant, based in Abidjan: the economic capital of Ivory coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings to discuss on a business issue. My father was married with two wives, four children while my mother was his first wife, while i am the only son.

After my mother died on the october 24th 1990, my father took me so special since i am motherless. Before the death of my father on december 26th 2005 in a private hospital where he was admitted, he called me secretly to his bed side and told me about money ,the sum of us$ 5 million (five million dollars )he lodged in a suspense account in a particular bank here in Abidjan . He told me that he used my name as the next beneficiary in deposit of the money, these i will send you the document upon your request. Also he explained to me that it was because of this money he was poisoned by his business partner , that i should seek for a reliable foreign partner in a country of my choice to assist me to transfer this money to an overseas account where it will be used for a proper future investment purpose in any lucrative business .

I am honourable soliciting for your kind assistance as follows:
(1) to provide a bank account where this money will be transfer to for an investment purpose in a profitable out fit which you know best.
(2)to serve as the guardian of this money since i am a boy of 22 years old.
(3)to make arrangement for me in your country to continue my education career.

I am promise to offer you 15% of the total money as the mode of compensation for your effort to assisting me after the transferring this money to your nominated account overseas. Please i will be very happy if this transaction will be concluded quick.. I am expecting to hear from you as soon as possible and i will like you to give me your private telephone and the fax number in replying of this proposal.

If you are capable and know that you will truly and honestly help me as an honest person, please write me now hence time is no more on my side because i really want to come your country, to continue my education that is very, very important for me and also re-settle my dear life in your country. Please bear in mind that this fund is not a looted or stolen money but rather a legitimate inheritance from my late father.

Thanks and god bless you as you do hear the voice of an orphan carying.

Best Regards,
Tana Babam.

Aww, bless...he thinks I've got money in my bank account.

I've got an urge to reply; giving him a spectacular escape plan from his country (which needs to involve flying monkeys)

I got that one to adn 1. I have no money on my account 2. I'm not a "fellow christian", I'm a buddhist  :icon_razz:
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »

Took me 5 hours to drive home from a meeting, really didn't want to spend 8 hours in the today  :tantrum:

Pizza and beer here I come!

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 03:14:14 AM »

2. I'm not a "fellow christian", I'm a buddhist  :icon_razz:

You lcuky sod. Somehow that's so much easier to type than spiritualist pagan of the northern tradition.