Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 04:54:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DTD)  (Read 91452 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DTD)
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2007, 06:45:04 AM »

I hope the bell's not between you because if she's walked right under it and past the other side she's orobably dead.

As far as the map is concerned it's clearly down the tunnel the way she was looking (she hasn't looked up the caveman's tunnel before and yet she was able to see the bell before). So it'd be directly opposite the fungus thing (but a long way away).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »

I think it is left. Map edit maybe...?

By the way Blagin do you have photoshop?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2007, 06:56:25 AM »

Maybe if another attachment doesn't crash the forums :p.

By the way Blagin do you have photoshop?

I do now (as of sometime last week) but I still find the battlemaps easier to prepare in paint for now (mostly 'cause I know what I'm doing).

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »

2nd level cleric spell: silence. This bell is enchanted by: 2nd level cleric spell: shatter. We just have to wait in the room so Ellion can prepare it.

Except that would require a night of meditation and by then the bell would allready be silent. I haven't got that spell prepared.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2007, 08:06:20 AM »

yes, but then second we walk near it again it will start to ring again, so 6 minutes of imunity will allow us to pass it without harm.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2007, 08:13:22 AM »

yes, but then second we walk near it again it will start to ring again, so 6 minutes of imunity will allow us to pass it without harm.

Well not neccessarily. You see, if (yes, this is an if) it's the soundwaves that are so dangerous then would the silence spell cause them to not emanate at all or would it simply render them inaudible whilst still allowing them to transmit?

I honestly haven't checked to see the exact cause (but I know that it's magical :p) so it's no big deal for now. Plus you guys have got a huge statue with huge gemstones to flutter to like moths to a candle :).

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2007, 08:32:10 AM »

Upon the casting of this spell, complete silence prevails in the affected area. All sound is stopped: Conversation is impossible, spells with verbal components cannot be cast, and no noise whatsoever issues from, enters, or passes through the area. The spell can be cast on a point in space, but the effect is stationary unless cast on a mobile object. The spell can be centered on a creature, and the effect then radiates from the creature and moves as it moves. An unwilling creature can attempt a Will save to negate the spell and can use spell resistance, if any. Items in a creature’s possession or magic items that emit sound receive the benefits of saves and spell resistance, but unattended objects and points in space do not. This spell provides a defense against sonic or language-based attacks.

that's what silence does, so you tell me.

SHINY EMERALDS!

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »

I actualy need to tweek the map on the next update anyway as that isn't a crossroads but the side tunnel's a square off kilter.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2007, 09:47:24 AM »

Ok cool so you fix the map (while you are there a few text marks will help us know where what is). In game you said he needs a rope, but doesn't Sarian have the rope he took when he jumped over the pit?

Maybe if another attachment doesn't crash the forums :p.

Attachments didn't do it & it didn't crash. The host shut it down because it was causing 'unusual' server activity.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »

I could fix the map but it'd be too much work. I'll see what I can do (basicaly ignore the uppermost row of squares in one of the passageways). It doesn't affect much so I'll just map it as two and put a big thicj black line through the nonexistant squares or something.

Yes, he has the rope (or someone does). I was just pointing out that it'd probably be needed in case anyone else fancied clambering up there as well.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »

One more thing, where are we timewise? I know that Sarian needs the rest and I am wondering how long we have been in the dungeon. I figure it has not been that long based on what has happened.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »

Five or ten minutes? Adding in all the searching remember that it's meant to take 10 minutes to search each square (or did they reduce that down to 1 minute each in 3rd ed?).

So I'd say 20-30 minutes tops.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »

I think they cut it down to 1 minute, because taking ten is ten rounds (so 60 seconds).

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2007, 12:12:51 PM »

Looks like I'm staying in folks. I missed the bus by minutes (there's more to it than that : I met a young lad at the bus stop and asked him if the bus had come yet, they said it hadn't and I clearly implied that I'd be back in a minute so he could make the driver wait, he didn't make him wait, just got on and went away, so when I got back from the cashpoint machine this lovely old couple were able to tell me what arseholes the young twit* had been).

So the next bus wasn't going to be for two hours (bank holiday monday). That means I would've turned up around half past seven and would've had to leave at around half ten (start packing stuff away around 10ish). It really didn't seem worth it so I phoned up the guy I'd arranged to play and he reckoned we should just stay in (despite the fact that he's finished his part of a convertion of mine - I didn't have the right size drill bits and I've been waiting weeks for him to do it).

All of this only happened because the bus company changed the timetables and didn't tell the bus drivers.

Regular monday bus to the club: 4.41

Old Bank Holiday bus to the club: 4.21

New bank holiday bus to the club: 4.36

When did the bus come? Around twenty past four. I had intentionaly arrived at nearly twenty past (got delayed setting out by witch* sister not deciding if she wanted to give me a lift to the bus stop or not) and the guy said he hadn't seen it yet so clearly he'd be there to hold it up for me and I was only going to be away for about 2 or 3 minutes around the corner. How much did I miss the bus by? About two minutes.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »

I hate public transit just for those reasons; schedule changes, detours, etc. Glad you will be around. So what is going on in both of your games?