Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 04:59:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: The OOC thread (DTD)  (Read 91464 times)

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
Re: The OOC thread (DTD)
« Reply #555 on: April 08, 2008, 03:46:48 AM »

I'd be quite happy to take over Sarian if you're looking for someone - I was thinking of playing him at the beginning if you remember, but stepped aside for eyeolas since I was going to be on holiday for a fortnight.  Of course, he'll have learned his lesson by now and started to be a bit more careful...  :icon_wink:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #556 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:29 AM »

Wouldn't have been any use in my case. I'm on an email strike. Haven't read an email in four weeks.
I check in here every second day or so though. I'm in but may be a wee bit slow in my replies (cutting down HEAVILY on over all computer usage)

That sounds like quite a wise thing to do.  I don't think I've got your willpower Bodhi - it doesn't help that I'm sat in from of an internet connected computer whilst working for 8+ hours each weekday!

Of course, he'll have learned his lesson by now and started to be a bit more careful...  :icon_wink:

He'd better have, or he'll be dead shortly! ;)
:hal:   

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #557 on: April 08, 2008, 04:16:48 AM »

That sounds like quite a wise thing to do.  I don't think I've got your willpower Bodhi - it doesn't help that I'm sat in from of an internet connected computer whilst working for 8+ hours each weekday!

Same, I'm working right now... :icon_suspicious:

I'm a bit gutted that Sarian's dropped 4 Con (12 non-healable hp - 1/3 of his total!) just to get 2 gp and a poisoned dart though.  There has to have been an easier way...   :shrug:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #558 on: April 08, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

Okay Rod, I'm happy to let you play Sarian if anyone else is. I recommend you read over the last few pages to get a feel for the current situation 'though you might want to also read back through the game to see how things have progressed so far. I'll be posting an update with a map shortly.

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #559 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »

I've been reading most of it anyway ;)

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #560 on: April 10, 2008, 06:29:27 AM »

Just wondering, what sort of effects does an enchantment give to a weapon's cutting power?  For example, would I be able to use the +3 dagger to cut a clean hole in the glass (possibly by repeated scoring of a line) or would we have to shatter it?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #561 on: April 10, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »

Okay, so for my reference Throm's taken 6 damage and he's down 1 dex. This is actualy the first time he's been injured (kind of scary really).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2008, 12:46:23 AM »

Sorry I have been away guys but I am in. Now lets get in there and win this thing.

I've  been wondering if we can find a place to hide out for the night so we can rest and get some currative magic to heal the heavily wounded. Just an idea.

Is Eyeolas in or out?

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #563 on: April 15, 2008, 06:52:58 AM »

Agreed.  Much more and we'll be kicking the bucket.  After all, according to the terms of the competition the reward is for anyone who gets through, not just the first.

If Eyeolas reappears then for my part he's quite welcome to continue with Sarian if he wishes.  Until then I'll do my best to play him well, effectively and in character.  :icon_wink:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #564 on: April 15, 2008, 06:59:04 AM »

I know Bodhi said he will not be online much is anyone going to play Ellion?

I don't know but I would like to see all of us make it to the end and maybe even challenge the only one can leave assertion.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2008, 08:41:25 AM »

Resting sounds good, if we can find somewhere to hole up.
:hal:   

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #566 on: April 24, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »

I live!

Sorry, my computer at home lost internet for what seemed forever and a half, then when I returned the forum was down, and I forgot about it.

So let me get things straight after some skim reading

Bodhi is virtually unable to play, Rod took my place and the forum is fritzy?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #567 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »

The forum was down for about two months. I sent you an email when the boards came back up but it bounced so I was unable to contact you. I haven't resumed DTD yet (need to motivate myself to either knock up another quick map or to scan the Myriador one in and cut it up in photoshop). I think DTD needs a map before play shall proceed so he had taken your place but hasn't actualy done anything yet (so you're welcome back).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #568 on: April 24, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

Welcome back Eyeolas. The forum is up & running and is fine now. Also Bodhi has been around so I think that might be resolved as well.

Rod might fit in very well in Alex's place since he has not been around. He has two character that need someone to fill in (one in "Sons of Apollo" and the other in "Dark Awakenings")

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #569 on: April 25, 2008, 05:39:16 AM »

Welcome back! 

If you need me in Sons of Apollo I'd be glad to step in, but I'm already in Dark Awakenings - I don't want there to be a conflict of interests :D