Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 07:27:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Mission 1: The great escape  (Read 25138 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »

*bump*

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »

:hal:   

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »

woble

sorry, there was skiing, then jesus day build up, then the joys of jesus day for a bit. Now internet time.

I'm currently awaiting a reply from balgin on how he gets maps onto the forum, because it doesn't want to accept mine when I make a new thread, but it is all ready, so it should be back to a full running campaign tommorow

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »

What format is the file in? You should be able to upload it directly into your post.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »

With five guards bleading their last or dead on the streats before you, Stormy is the fist to remember of the old man who approched the group before and runs after them, down the backstreet

(copied from the fight thread) Stormy runs after the old man and turning the corner finds him pacing and making rash arm movements not too far of the main streat (about 15ft/7.5m), obviously mixed with anger, fear and hope, seemin more interested in himself than the child, who standing much more composed, watching the old man as he moved.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2008, 05:48:28 AM »

"Hey.  The guards won't be after you any more.  We have almost nothing, but I'd be willing to hear your story, and I'm sure we'll help if we can."

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:21 AM »

Sithrak searches the guards. He always uses his detect magic to see if they had anything interesting. "I'll catch up in a second"

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2008, 11:18:46 AM »

"Oh, thank you strange travelers, thank you greatly! (he shakes your hand vigourously) My story? Well, you seem to not like the guards as much as we do, so I guess I do owe you. I do not fully understand myself, but the barron is after this child, and I have sworn to the underground I keep him safe at all costs, as we think he has ties to the great founder of Ra-Haven City, Mar, and the since the barron is so interested in him, we think it is best we dont let him get his gready hand son him." He then kneels down and puts his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Do you see his knecklace? (he pulls out a neclance from under the kid's shirt) It is the symbol of mar. No one knows how he got it, or where, but it could be valuable, and it is not safe to keep it here where the barron can find it, which is why I was going to the undergr..."

He pauses

"Oh, I've said too much. Tell you what, four ruffians like yourselves who can fight with such prowes and ability, and who lack simpathy for the crimson guard... (he pulls out a map and unrolls it) .This is a map of Haven City. If you can get us here (he points to a place on the map) without raising much attention to yourselves, or worse, then there may just be someone waiting there for you who could do with your, assistance."

He hands you the map and 10gp

"How about it?"

Sithrak finds more armour (chainmail and some mediums I'll roll for if anyone still wants armour) and more short swords, longswords and shields. everything is faintly magical, including the weapons and armour of your coliegs (I can't shake the fealing I didn't tell you that)

(pictures in a sec once I find them)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:34:38 AM by eyeolas »

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »

N'nyarok makes sure none of the guards will ever stand up, either slicing their throats or plunging his sword deep in their hearts. And he enjoys every second of it. He listens to the old man with a distant ear, only understanding he's proposing some kind of deal or work.

"Nyaaaaha... - says the gnoll as money is offered - unless puny humans give N'nyarok reason to stay grouped, N'nyarok will go alone, nyahahahaha. N'nyarok not stupid, N'nyarok knows won't go far as group, N'nyarok has chances escape city alone. Puny humans should go alone too, and better if puny guards run after kid and old one, nyaha! Guards not running after N'nyarok then!"

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2008, 03:28:58 PM »

"Well for one I can keep you from not dieing on sight, it's not like there are any other gnolls running around in these parts." He walks up calmly to N'nyarok, places his palm on his head and *poof* the gnoll has turned into an elf. "That should keep you alive, for now."

"There's also alot more guards where they came from, and I'm sure you'd love to get your hands on them without dieing in the process"

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2008, 05:19:05 AM »

Assuming Stormy can make sense of the map, because I (keeper) cannot!

"I think we should be able to make it there without too much fuss, and it isn't like we've got anything else planned for today, or tomorrow.  You see, we're all dangerous felons, just escaped from yonder gaol.  Locked up for nothing less serious than conforming to The Baron's eugenic ideals."

"I'm sure that some of my companions, although maybe not all, would be willing to come with me.  Gentlemen?"

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »

Ya, I probably should have explained it a little beter (I tried to find a better map, but couldn't (the campaign is loosly based on a game)). Prety much ignore the green arrows, and it is just a large birds eye view of the city's road plans. The characters aren't really supposed to know what each building is since the city has changed so much in the past few years, so I suppose i could slowly annotate it as the campaign goes on. I'll add in the *you are here* and *get me here* points in a second

EDIT: the unnamed place is where he wants you to get to. I've got this saved and will post it here and there with the new things and places you discover
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:15:27 AM by eyeolas »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2008, 08:49:41 AM »

Sithrak looks up from his looting "Yes, we should stay together. I won't be seen, so I can scout ahead."

OOC: Aside from more armor is there anything else magical or of interest that Sithrak has found? Also you didn’t tell me if my armor was magical.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »

Hmm, may have sliped my mind. All items are +1 magical unless stated (and remember +1 weapons get you +2 to hit and +1 to wound because they have to be masterwork)

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2008, 04:14:28 AM »

"Six, you don't look comfortable.  Are you seeking to find your own way in life?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up