Custom Hobby Forum

  • November 30, 2021, 11:17:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission 1: The great escape  (Read 25302 times)

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #135 on: May 13, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »

"I don't care for helping, I just want my go at the barron, and I don't need you in the way. You can keep your charity, I'm outa here"

and with that arrogant remark, he turns and runs off into the buisier parts of the streets, where you lose sight of him, maybe to never see him again, maybe to ally once more.

Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2008, 01:07:43 PM »

"Sorry to see him go. He seemed good in a scrud*." The devil shrugs and goes about storing his plunder. "So which way are we headed? I missed that part of the exchange while I was looting the dead."
Logged

Chrysalis

  • Contributors
  • Young Dragon
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 348
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »

N'nyarok shrugs and prepares to disappear too. As Six quickly becomes invisible in the busy crowd, he realizes he will never get that chance.

He grunts and snarls, and finally mutters: "Puny humans have N'nyarok with them until N'nyarok can go. We can go and move and hide! N'nyarok doesn't like this place, and N'nyarok is hungry - Nyahaaaa!"
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »

Using his telepathy Sithrak sends a message to his ferral party member "N'nyarok I'm far from human, lets try to avoid insults. If I see some 'food' I'll let you know."
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »

"great news! quickly now, we must'nt stay too long else your friend here may change back, illusions where never my strength."

He grabs the kid's hand and implies which way to start going, hoping someone will take his hint
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #140 on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »

Once everything is sorted Sithrak flies in the direction of the old man and child. "Lets get going then. I'll scout ahead." With that he becomes invisible and heads toward the rendezvous point. while he is flying he looks around for easy targets, guards, and potential food for N'nyarok.
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2008, 05:37:04 AM »

Stormy sticks close by the old man, moving carefully but as fast as the child and old man can manage. Keeping an eye out for the authorities.

She also silently uses her Dark One's Own Luck invokation, to add +5 to her Reflex saves for the next 24 hours, or until she decides to change it.
Logged
:hal:   

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »

Turning back to face the street, you all notice the bodies of the newly deceased have vanished with little trace they where ever there. Noticing the look of surprise on your faces the man says "Ah, don't worry about that, we have men for that sort of thing" He winks at stormy.

You walk on for a few minutes through the relatively tight crowds in a fairly modern (in game terms), mainly looking at the architecture and what the city has become. Sithrak notices many guards rushing into the area where your fight had broken out with similar faces as yours where, but finds very few guards that aren't in groups of at least 2, usually more and decides to keep it cool for now. Fairly suddenly the City turns into a much more run down village looking area, clearly not having been revamped for the Barron.

You eventually reach a secluded area that roughly translates to where you should be on the map and find a thin corridor in between two fairly rundown buildings on your right. "quickly now, through there" the man points to the passage. "We don't want anyone to see us". You do as the man says, seeing for the first time a look of seriousness and forcefullness. The man enters last behind you

Once in the passage the man says "we're technical out of the city now. It's the only reason the Barron hasn't found us in so long." The passage opens out into a small open area, similar in architect ct to the slightly run down city, but clearly inhabited. However, the main thing that draws your eye is the two dead crimson guards and third one falling to the ground at the blade of an elf, tall, thin and clad in armour, but bearing no crimson guard badges or insignias.

EDIT: haha, I've found the spell checker!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:20:05 PM by eyeolas »
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »

Sithrak becomes visible "So now what?"
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2008, 05:25:14 AM »

"I think what my trusted diabolic acquaintance means is that we have been kept rather out of the loop for quite some time by The Baron's distrust, so, if you wouldn't mind, could you bring us up to speed on recent events, please?"
Logged
:hal:   

Chrysalis

  • Contributors
  • Young Dragon
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 348
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2008, 07:11:59 AM »

N'nyarok, doubtful, looks around him and glances at the elf.

He searches for another escape, preferring shadows and covers to this way too opened place.
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »

Sithrak noticing how nervous N'nyarok is telepathically suggests "Why don't you eat the guard he just skewered?"
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »

(Kor,Torn)

"Guards, here! Torn have they found us!" the old man half yells, half suppresses, and ignoring your question. He then runs up to the man by the guards.

"It would seem so. Let's hope these are the only ones who knew." The man replies calmly, panting for breath. "So you made it here with the kid after all Kor? impressive. Any trouble along the way?"

"well, there where minor guard issues, but these three, and one more, dispatched them as quick as I could run."

"So, these guys can fight hugh?"

"It would appear so, and they had just escaped from the Barron's prison. They could be a great help to us."

Torn walks up to you, glancing over to Sithrak as if he knew where he was. "Well, you want to know what's been going on around here? Well. We're the underground. we where a few of the many who where exiled or captured over two years ago when he came to power, and looking at you three, you must have been part of the unlucky ones. We set up shop just outside the city to avoid the Barron's ever vigilant eye, and have been plotting to overthrow him ever since. But times like these are bleak, and our hope is growing thinner by the days. We've been on many missions to disrupt the Barron's plans, cutting off travel carts, cutting off communication links, and slimming the number of crimson guards in these parts the bast we can."

"So you see, we can always use new recruits. What would you say if we offered you a spot in our organisation? There isn't much here, but it's more than is back through there for you (Kor points through the passage you just came through). How about it?"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:43:24 PM by eyeolas »
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2008, 11:34:23 AM »

"We must speak for outselves, but I would be glad to join your cause." she flashes a stunning smile at Torn.

"You might sway N'nyarok's mind by offering him something considerable to eat." Stormy advises him.
Logged
:hal:   

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 1: The great escape
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2008, 11:43:58 AM »

Torn takes an instant shine to the stunning madden (I wonder why?) and throws a smile back

"I'm guessing you mean this one (he makes a small attempt to point at the disguised N'nyarok). Well, I'm sure we could find something. I've heard dragon meat cooked properly is tasty to plenty of beasts such as this one". He can clearly see past disguises and invisibilities.

(below is a rough image of him, but his ears are pointier)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:46:15 AM by eyeolas »
Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up