Custom Hobby Forum

D&D, d20 and other RPG's => Reclaiming Ralgron => Topic started by: eyeolas on October 10, 2007, 02:00:43 PM

Title: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 10, 2007, 02:00:43 PM
Having grown up as an outcast in Ralgron City, you have never been able to fit into normal society. During your turn to adulthood there was a massive outbreak as a new ruler came to the thrown, the controversial and already powerful son of the previous ruler came to power, by the name and title of the Baron Praxis, who felt it necessary upon reaching the thrown to enforce the laws of Ralgron City even tighter, and more importantly make some new ones, of which one was to capture and imprison any creatures in his ‘Haven’ city, and to do this he got citizens to enrolee in the new city guard, known as the crimson guard. When news of a new ruler reached outside the city walls, the dragons to the east, which had made a truce with the Baron’s father, became more ‘hostile’ to the new ruler, who was much less happy to avoid war, and to accept the dragon’s simple requests to have a peaceful relationship with the newly renamed Haven City. After a few warning attacks on the city from the dragons, the Baron started to realise who he was messing with, and soon happily came to a deal with the elder dragon to keep peace. During the next year you three, along with several others, were all tracked down and thrown into imprisonment. Throughout your long and painful stay you were all tested with new potions, and concoctions, which were unsafe to try on ‘pure’ people, which had ill effects on your health and have managed to eventually kill all of the dozen prisoners, except three. Slowly, news of corruption and desperate deals has reached you in prison, and you have heard of a secret group known as the underground who have just as much hatred for the new baron as you, and plans of escape have managed to synchronise between you three, and one on the outside, whom has contacted each of you individually through different means. Today is the day you would make or break it, today, you would get your lives back, and today you would start your war with the baron. Today you escape.

As day breaks, you each awake to the grey sell you have been inside for the past two years or so. Looking through the bars to your cells you can see the usual guard carrying three trays with the usual morning breakfast. He first goes to the N’nyarok’s cell, puts the trays down, rustles in his pocket and produces a large metal ring with three keys on it, and opens the door with one of them, slides the tray in and says “Wakey wakey, grub time!” in an arrogant fashion.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 10, 2007, 02:56:07 PM
Although this morning looks like any other morning, the guard could have guessed that things were different, simply by seeing N'nyarok's glance at him.

Most of the beasts can be tamed, given enough time. But N'nyarok doesn't belong to this kind. Two years for sure weren't enough to quiet his feral appetite. But they were enough to dull the cautiousness of the guard.

This morning, the guard had once more forgotten that he was entering the cage of a savage, carnivorous animal.

And today, the beast was waiting for him.

Just when the guard raises up his head, N'nyarok jumps at his throat, eager to plunge his numb fangs in human flesh. It's grub time!
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 10, 2007, 03:39:24 PM
Well, you aren't proficient with unarmed, so the guard would get an attack of opportunity, but is flat footed (you suddenly are trying to maul him after all!). Yellow means OOC for the record

being non profficient does mean you get -4 to attack though, so you only get +6, but still hit conclusively with 1d20+6=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1310204) which deals 1d2+5=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1310201) non leathal damage.

(Do you have claws? it isn't on your sheet so I assumed you have the usual d2 damage)

Initiative:

N'nyarok: 1d20+3=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1310208)
Guard: 1d20+6=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1310210)

your turn again.

As you maul at the guard, you hear your fellow captives (in different cells obviously) start to chear you on.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 10, 2007, 04:06:51 PM
Gnolls apparently don't have claws (nor real fangs, by the way). Maybe it was a 3.0 thing, but I thought it was 1D3 damage with bare hands...(although it's not that important). Another stupid question: wouldn't N'nyarok get extra attacks thanks to his combat reflexes feat?

Using his whole weight against the guard (is he human?), N'nyarok will begin a grapple. Although he would love to hear the jailer scream, he knows that he has to kill the guard silently if he doesn't want to sleep another night behind bars. Or worse.

So, closing his dirty gnoll hands around the jailer's neck, he will try to strangle him.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 11, 2007, 02:44:34 AM
d3 if you have gauntlets, d2 without

The guard gets an attack to try an avoid the grapple, but misses horribly 1d20+5=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1311068)

you then make a touch attack to initiate, which you do 1d20+10=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1311073)

opposed strength checks

N'nyarok: 1d20+5=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1311076)
Guard: 1d20+1=2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1311079)

That was very unexpected! Ok you got your grapple. Is there a disadvantage fro rolling 1 in the strength check for grapples?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 11, 2007, 03:26:40 AM
N'nyarok has a rabid spark in his eyes as he firmly tightens his grip on the guard's throat. His thirst for blood is made greater by the enthousiast chearing coming from the other cells, but a sudden flash of reason comes to the gnoll's brain:

Stupids, stupids! Too much noise! Other puny guards come when too much noise!!!

Somehow panicked, N'nyarok will begin to hit violently (power attack +5) the wall/ground/bars, whatever is available, with the back of the head of the guard. Although he loses the strangling grip, he wants to end the fight as quickly as he can (although he was really enjoying it...).

I had troubles finding rules about strangling and opponent, but the few I found seem to say that a grapple check is needed first (done) and then you use the drowning rules. Yes, this takes a lot of time to strangle somebody, so we'll try something else...As for doing 1 on the strength check, I don't think it has other consequences but looking very weak to the eyes of a gnoll, which is never a good thing :)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 12, 2007, 02:43:08 AM
Ok, I log on this morning to find my post last night didn't post so I'll sum up what I did to keap it fair

Right, I made opposed strength checks with N'nyarok getting -5 due to power attack (canceling his +5 str) and he still won by 5, meaning 3 damage (I decided wining by 1 is 1, 2 is 2, 4 is 3, 6 is 4 etc) plus 5 for power attack. He's taken 14 non leathal so far.

The guard then loosed your grip on his neak and shoved you back, called for the help and drew his sword
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 12, 2007, 04:29:14 AM
N'nyarok grins at the sword...with envy! It's a long time since he last held a weapon, and the idea of slashing human flesh with a sharp edge pleases him.

Foam at the mouth and howling with rage, he'll try to disarm the guard, confident in his - obvious - physical superiority.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on October 12, 2007, 05:51:34 AM
Stormy has been watching this confrontation with interest, wondering if this is what the message meant.  She's been so weak for so long, but this morning, she feels she could use her ancestral powers again, if she tries.  She readies herself to use her blast for the first time in a long time, should another guard arrive.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 12, 2007, 03:36:10 PM
Keeper: No you won't. Anti magic fields. The guards had you sorted :P

Having to show every die roll really limits descriptions of attacks so I'll scrud* that idea.

As you reach for the weapon, the guard takes a defencive step back and thrusts his sword into your side, graing you minorly (4 damage), and you retreat slightly to regroup. The guard takes a step foreward again and takes a second thrust at you, but this time you manage to swirve your body out of the way so he misses you to the side.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 12, 2007, 04:25:42 PM
Ignoring the cut in his side, N'nyarok will once more try to grab the guard's blade.

Who's in the cell in front of mine? Could N'nyarok notice if this prisoner has interest in the fight?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 13, 2007, 02:11:06 PM
You lunge foreward at the guard, but once again he manages to push you back with a slash of his sword, dealing 6 points of damage. Noticing a weakness foramoment, the guard slashes again, and deals you another 4 damage

This isn't working

No one is in the cell next to you, they have al died, and you three are the only ones still alive.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 14, 2007, 04:10:18 AM
N'nyarok considers the wounds in his chest, and feels annoyed, angry, and hungry. Clenching his fists, he will launch an enraged attack at the guard, with an idea slowly making its way in his mind: if he doesn't get rid of this human, he will be dead before noon.

I suppose there is nothing in the cell that could be used as a weapon. What about the doorway? Is there furniture, torches?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 14, 2007, 05:14:59 AM
Six contemplates his cell with his usual air of annoyance... maybe he should call himself Four now that the other prisoners had died? No, Six he was and Six he would be. The guard arrives. Detestable oaf.

Violence. The beast has snapped. Poorly executed. Nothing to do but wait for the outcome. He studies the guard (death attack study, if applicable) as he fights the gnoll, noting openings and weaknesses. If the gnoll fell, it was unlikely the rest would be fed. Starved as punishment. Ridiculous.

If the gnoll wins, offer him help. Dispose of him if he becomes a hindrance. Yes.

I don't suppose these doors will fall to a few well placed kicks on my part? Otherwise he'd have been out of here before.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 14, 2007, 07:31:21 AM
Maybe the tray if you can get to it, but that would be used in exactly the same way as your fists so it is a bit pointless.

As you throw a wild blow at the guard, he swings his sword wildly back at you, this time missing your arm and turning around to kut his own neck, dealing 6 points of damage. The punch then strikes true and deals him another 6 non lethal, knocking him to the ground unconciouse.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 14, 2007, 07:47:52 AM
A little bit surprised, N'nyarok quickly grabs the guards' blade, ready to see other jailers incoming. In his troubled mind also comes the idea that he would barely have a chance against many opponents if he's alone.

Once again somehow panicked, he'll search for the keys the guard was bearing. He knows that if he wants to succeed, he has to form a pack and he has little choice but to seek the help of other prisoners.

So, N'nyarok will rush in the doorway and try to find another occupied cell to free the first prison mate he will meet.     
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 14, 2007, 08:45:29 AM
Six spies his moment. He barks in what he deems a commanding tone at the beast.

"You! Gnoll! Get me out of here - two of us together stand a better chance." Or at least I can use you as a shield he thinks to himself.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 14, 2007, 02:59:56 PM
Your in a cul-de-sac sort of area with twelve cells in a circle, and a single path that leads down and to the left, you can see the other three
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 14, 2007, 03:25:41 PM
"Well, what are you waiting for? Open it!" Six snarls.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 14, 2007, 03:59:26 PM
Going at the moaning human cell, N'nyarok tries the keys and opens the cell. He watches the human and nods at the other cell doors, growling and shaking his sword. He makes a hand movement - come, follow me - and proceeds to free the two remaining prisoners.

What kind of sword is it, that N'nyarok now has?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 14, 2007, 04:04:10 PM
Six doesn't thank the gnoll and looks uncertainly for a second at the other two cells. The girl is very attractive, and could be an intriguing companion after escaping. The other thing... well it must have some power to be confined here.

"Very well." he says to the mangy cur, "Release the other two and then we leave."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on October 15, 2007, 07:18:55 AM
"I was beginning to think you'd never thrash that guard.  Shall we go for a stroll and get some fresh air, today?  I feel a wind of change stirring!"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 15, 2007, 12:59:44 PM
Six stares at the woman. She is either astoundingly stupid, or fantastically clever. He can't decide which. As long as she keeps her mouth shut.

"There's no fresh air in this cesspit of a city." he snarls.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 15, 2007, 04:10:44 PM
Once your are all free and are on a similar page to each other, you walk down the corridore and around the corner to soon reach a T junction with four big signs on the wall infront of you (jails aren't very subtle after all). To the left a sign points saying barracks, and to the right are signs to the exit, citchen and sleaping areas. You see no signs of guards, yet.

Now your out of your cells you can use all powers etc so long as they aren't like wizard spells that require preparation, no more anti magic field cells for you!
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 15, 2007, 04:39:17 PM
Six regards the signs. "I'll investigate the barracks area - it may have supplies. Stay here." he orders the others. Move Silently, Hide in Shadows (1d20+11=21, 1d20+11=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1317630) if applicable
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 16, 2007, 02:46:47 AM
Your round a corner to reveal a small room, about 10' by 15' full to the brim with weapons, armour, and othe things you'd expect to see in a suply room for guards. There is also a guard sitting in the far corner, waking up slowly and drowsily. Horifficly high listen roll

Down the corridor were the signs are pointing to the kitchens etc, a guard comes out in full armour, and notices you as the prisoners, and slowly moves foreward, sword ready.

I'll do one large combat, so first six get's a surprise round, then I'll do initiative
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 16, 2007, 03:31:07 AM
N'nyarok slowly casts his tiny, cruel black eyes on the guard that just arrived. Two years of starvation behind bars have weakened him, but the dried muscles playing under his yellowish-grey skin, and his slow pace as he moves toward the soldier make him look like what he exactly his: a big feral beast.

A long drop of dibble runs down N'nyarok's chin as he tightens his grip on his sword, and he begins to laugh, or bark, or maybe the two things at the same time.

And then he attacks, roaring and spitting.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 16, 2007, 01:34:20 PM
Is there a map at all? Or are we free forming it?

Initiative (1d20+7=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1318920)

Six moves swiftly towards the drowsy guard, wary of any sudden moves he might make (Dodge bonus assigned to him) and smashes his fist into the guard's face (First punch (1d20+5=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1318916) and if that's a hit damage, and sneak attack damage if applicable (1d8+2+1d6=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1318961)) but his second attack goes wide 2nd attack with flurry (1d20+5=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1318968)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 16, 2007, 02:05:50 PM
Do we have to make our rolls? I thought DM Eyeolas was making them for us?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 16, 2007, 03:16:25 PM
Oh...if so.. apologies. There was no objection to me making the Hide and Move Silently Rolls, so I thought we must be making them. I don't mind either way.  
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 16, 2007, 04:14:29 PM
I'll make all the rolls from now on, it makes things simpler and doesn't clutter posts with lots of colours. I'll take those rolls though to be fair, which is a hit

ok, init order is ((it's late and I haven't learnt the names) there were some strange rolls in there):

guard in corridore
imp (where is CH?)
six
guard in barracks
N'nyarok
air touched

The guard, with his sword drawn runs back to the door he came out of andknocks on it a few times huridley, then moves towards you sword infront
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 18, 2007, 02:15:31 AM
The imp dives foreward, enraged from two years of torture, waiting for something to maul on.

He charges the guard and attacks it with his tail, and deals it 5 damage, but he shrugs off the poisonouse side effect of having a sharp tail digging into his shoulder
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on October 28, 2007, 06:44:07 PM
Sithrak relishes the feeling of finally having struck back. I am a devil, they think they know torture? HA! We created it! The imp becomes invisible and positions himself for the next strike. He uses his telepathic powers to communicate with the other three escapees "it is I Sithrak the Imp, I can communicate with you telepathically. Lets dispatch of this armored buffoon and get out of here. I will make him look behind himself but we must strike savagely and efficiently." Sithrak uses his suggestion ability to make the armored guard feel as though he is being attacked from behind by multiple assailants, he imparts the NEED to turn around and defend himself.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 29, 2007, 03:44:37 PM
The guard stops suddenly and turns, slashing his sword wildly behind him, shouting 'back, foul fields!'. As he shouts this, the door he came out of opens and another guard pops out and pears around the corner to see what all the commotion is about, to be greated by the guard's sword, which deals the second guard 5 damage.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on October 29, 2007, 04:16:22 PM
I'll simply copy-paste my last action. I feel like it was never resolved:

N'nyarok slowly casts his tiny, cruel black eyes on the guard that just arrived. Two years of starvation behind bars have weakened him, but the dried muscles playing under his yellowish-grey skin, and his slow pace as he moves toward the soldier make him look like what he exactly his: a big feral beast.

A long drop of dibble runs down N'nyarok's chin as he tightens his grip on his sword, and he begins to laugh, or bark, or maybe the two things at the same time.

And then he attacks, roaring and spitting.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 29, 2007, 04:50:17 PM
well, custom still has some time in his turn, then six and the guard he is with get actions, then I wil resolve your attack

oh, and it's a +2 short sword
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on October 29, 2007, 05:52:29 PM
Still invisible I sneak attack the new guard. While attacking I also use my detect magic ability to see if there is anything important near by.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 30, 2007, 12:05:15 PM
with your attack, you easily manage to find a week spot on the all but helpless guard and deal him 10 damage, but again your poison is shrugged off

with detect magic you notice both guards light up with a fairly, but not overly bright blue glow, emitting from their armour and weapons, but nothing else

I see detect magic as a sort of true sight, not a scence

ok, six's turn in the barracks
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on October 30, 2007, 01:44:58 PM
Since I am staying invisible can I keep using the sneak attack?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 30, 2007, 02:18:39 PM
I'll make oppoesed scence motive checks every turn to see wheather he can predict your next move and get a bit better protection, just to be fair, since getting it every turn is a bit wrong
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 30, 2007, 03:44:27 PM
OOC: Sorry, I'm confused. How many guards are there? Where are they? What happened to my guard? Is he still alive?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 30, 2007, 04:34:40 PM
ok, in the barracks there is you by the door and a guard sitting in a chair surrounded by weapons, armour etc, he's taken 11 from you in the surprise round.

In the corridor the group is by the T junction, with two guards by a door the opposite way from the barracks, the nearest to the group having taken 15, the further having taken 5

there all alive, and I realised this is more complex than i thought it would be, so I'll try and get a battle map up.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on October 30, 2007, 05:46:43 PM
just to be fair, since getting it every turn is a bit wrong

They have weapons and armor and we have nothing
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 31, 2007, 03:20:15 AM
yet you are attacking with your primary weapon anyway, and guess where you are about to find weapons...

Quote
ok, in the barracks there is you by the door and a guard sitting asleep in a chair surrounded by weapons, armour etc, he is untouched
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on October 31, 2007, 03:25:58 PM
Weapons are for the weak minded thinks Six. OOC: Is it my turn in initiative again?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on October 31, 2007, 04:38:17 PM
yup

the map is giving me issues, but I'll see if i can get it working in the next few days
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 04, 2007, 04:25:38 PM
OK.  Back again.

Stormy's next turn, she'll use her Eldritch Blast on the nearest guard.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 06, 2007, 03:46:27 PM
Six goes for a good old punch to the face at the bewildered guard just starting to come too, and gets him strait in the throat, knocking him to the floor gasping for breath. He soon falls unconciouse.

N'nyarok's go, then I'll do stormy's blast and the guard can try and strike back.

Fabian, you can post, but I won't resolve any looting untill the other combat finishes
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 06, 2007, 05:01:53 PM
Sithrak looks over the guards to see which of their items are magical He uses his detect magic He then looks for the most vulnerable of the two guards and looks for a possible sneak attack.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 08, 2007, 03:55:38 PM
with detect magic you notice both guards light up with a fairly, but not overly bright blue glow, emitting from their armour and weapons, but nothing else

I see detect magic as a sort of true sight, not a scence

You've already used it

and guys, try to keep some attention to the order of things:

guard in corridor (dead)
imp (where is CH?)
six
guard in barracks (dead)
N'nyarok
air touched
guard in corridor (behind the other, taken 5)

N'nyarok will claw wildly at the front guard, reved up by the sight of blood on the first guard he felled, but this clouds his thoughts, and his arms slash wildly past the guard, however the guard manages to be unsettled by the raging beast, and also throws a misplaced stab in the beast's direction (attack of opportunity for unarmed).

Stormy then draws power from the air around her and releases it in a neadle point blast, which pearces through the guard N'nyarok just missed, knocking him to the ground (dead)

The second guard, clearly unnerved by this whole experiance, runs back into the room he came from, screaming as he slams the door behind him.

Custom, wan'a' change your post? detect magic doesn't work through walls
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 08, 2007, 03:59:20 PM
Six checks for money and valuables. Weapons are a crutch for the weak. Money is tedious necessity.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 08, 2007, 04:05:06 PM
There is no money, but there are some mundaine items such as sacks, backpacks etc. (counts as the basic starter package). There is also alot of weapons, and a few suits of armour. (which I'm sure will be distributed when the last guard falls)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 09, 2007, 05:00:38 AM
Stormy will chase the last guard when it is her turn, again.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 09, 2007, 04:34:57 PM
Six regards this ephemera with annoyance and disgust.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 12, 2007, 07:18:48 AM
After the last guard is dispatched Stormy intended to return for the sacks, backpack, etc. if no-one else has got there first.  She's always found such items to be useful in a place that may cause her to flee for her life any minute of any day.  From looking at the expression of the tall, sneering prisoner, she thinks that he may not share her opinion of such things.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 12, 2007, 09:19:09 AM
Sithrak joins Stormy in chasing down the guard.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 12, 2007, 01:14:40 PM
Sithrak opens the door to reveal a large room with six beds inside, each with bed side table, there's some desks etc. It's a room for guards to stay in basically. There's also a door at the far end that's open with a bathroom behind it. The guard seems to be shoveling his possessions into a bag from one of the drawers in the desk. When he notices the door opening on it's own, without anyone opening it ;), he drops the bad startled.

Just to keep the ball rolling

Sithrak then flies swiftly to the guard, now scrunched on the ground regrouping all of his things, and manages to succumb to a large spike being driven into his spinal chord, and he drops to the floor bleading and dieing.

Fights are over. I'll just tell you what's in the rooms, since I can guess you're next posts.

In Six's room there is all of the light and medium armours (one suit of each, one or two of which are small/large), every type of sword and spear, rapier, falchion and some crossbows (heavy and light) (there are multiples of all of these weapons, some of which are small and large). There is also enough bits and bobs to be counted as a basic starter package for your classes (thieves tools are there).

In the bedroom, there is just random personal things, like photos, jewlery etc. There is also money scatred in all of the drawers, amassing to 200 gp.

There is one more room, the citchen, or just the exit. No one can hear anything or anyone.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 13, 2007, 11:57:32 PM
OOC:  Just what is the range of my telepathy? I know I can use it at will like my detect magic; I am wondering how far away a target can be.

Sithrak takes a look around the room and then realizes he should contact the others. He reaches out to all of them with his telepathy. “Fellow escapees it is the Imp, Sithrak, I have dispatched of the other guard and am searching for supplies in this room. If you have found any let me know where.” Sithrak searches the room for any and everything he could possible use that is the correct size for him. Sithrak remains visible.

OOC: SO what do I find?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 14, 2007, 03:40:10 AM
I just told you everything there is of worth in your room
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 14, 2007, 08:57:21 AM
Sithrak collects the coins and goes to meet six in the armory to see if he can find equipment that is his size.

OOC:Sorry I missed that. Ok now you can tell me what he found for himself.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 14, 2007, 03:51:53 PM
I rolled it up, there is a small dagger, falchion, padded armour and scale mail. Padded would be relatively simple to make into your build, since you are alost huminouid in shape, just with wings, but the scale mail will require a small craft check or risk something like +1 armour check penalty or -1 dexterity, depending on the roll
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 14, 2007, 04:55:31 PM
"Trash." snarls Six at the gear he's found, "Enjoy, imp." he says off-hand and searches the other guards.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on November 14, 2007, 05:31:59 PM
N'nyarok's scavenging instinct come to surface when it comes to the weapons and armors. He will take some light armor, studded leather if he finds one, as well as a flail if he finds one. If there is no flail, he'll take a longsword.

Anyway, he still feels like a caged animal, and won't do too much "shopping". He's too nervous for that, knowing that  another wave of guards might come anywhen...


N'nyarok wasn't unarmed, he took the guard's short sword when he escaped his cell :)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 15, 2007, 05:03:58 AM
Stormy enjoys any kind of shopping, especially when its free - and it better be free after all she's been put through in the last few years!  She looks for the following items:

a couple of daggers,
up to three shortspears if she can find any,
a light crossbow and 20 bolts
quarrel for the bolts
leather armour suitable for her figure (she'll put her current robe back on over the armour)
A belt or two to hang her weapons and ammo on (I figure she could take these from the guards, if there aren't any elsewhere)
backpack, blanket, flint&steel, waterskin

Let me know if any of these are unavailable, please, eyeolas.

"Gods! I feel so much better armed and armoured with a backpack on again. Our destiny is our own again!  What shall we do with it?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 15, 2007, 12:23:15 PM
Six finds a long sword on this guard, wearing scale mail armour. He has nothing else except thecloth around his armour.

N'nyarok finds some studded leather, and with some stretching and shaping, he gets into it fine. He fails to find any flails though, so makes do with a long sword

Stormy can find several daggers lieing around, so takes a couple, only two short spears, the light crossbow with quarrel and around 30 bolts (she only roughly counts). There is some leather armour that fits her and she easily finds some mundain items. She isn't wearing robes, more, rags. She has been in prisson as a freak of nature for the past two years...

When your done 'shopping' give me a pm. When I get all 4 pms I'll asume your done and we can continue onward.

Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 16, 2007, 09:58:58 AM
Other people might think they're rags.  They're still the robes she arrived in, so to her, they're robes, and she still puts on these admittedly rather dishevelled robes on over the armour, until such time as she's able to replace them.

She has another quick look around to make sure she's not missed a fetching dress or designer robes anywhere in here :)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 16, 2007, 01:20:55 PM
She didn't miss any ;). Only men are in the crimson guard, you know, social inequality and all that
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 16, 2007, 02:43:14 PM
Sithrak meets with the rest of the group and searches for whatever items will suit his small nature. He also uses his detect magic to make sure his 'companions' have the best items they can find. "Would one of you mind carrying items for me since I can not carry much?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 17, 2007, 12:25:08 PM
Six stares levelly at the imp, "So, you want one of us to be your skivvy thanks to your greed?" he says dryly, "I decline the honour. Now let's go." With that he proceeds to make good the rest of the escape.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 17, 2007, 12:38:37 PM
"There is nothing wrong with working together six." Sithrak makes sure to collect the thieves tools and surveys the rest of the equipment.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 17, 2007, 03:47:35 PM
"You look stronger than me, Sithrak.  Could you help me carry some stuff?", she winks at the little creature and picks up an empty backpack, holding it out to him.

Suddenly she remembers one of her gifts - unused for so long, and invoices her Dark One's Gift (or Light One's Gift, I guess!) to add +5 to her reflex save for the next 24 hours.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 17, 2007, 03:59:27 PM
Six sneers, "The devil and the angel playing nice with one another; how charming. 'Working together' is a fiend's euphemism for a master/slave relationship. Let's nip that in the bud." After this somewhat uncharacteristic profusion of words, Six looks grim.

He turns to N'Nyarok and says "You, gnoll. Come on, you're with me."

OOC: And yes I realise that this attitude completely contradicts his last sentence! He is LE,  after all!  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 17, 2007, 04:04:27 PM
"At least we're two different people, Sithrak, and not a devil and an angel caught together in one person, eh?". She winks at Sithrak.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 17, 2007, 04:10:30 PM
Six looks at Stormy as he might regard an idiot. He shakes his head, as if he can't even be bothered to provide a response. He starts walking to the nearest exit.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 17, 2007, 06:09:02 PM
"Some mortals take themselves too seriously. Now that we have the propper equipment, getting out of here shouldn't be that hard for us..." Sithrak usues his Telpathy to listen for thoughts within the range of his powers. He is looking for any oposition they may encounter.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 18, 2007, 11:56:29 AM
Right, your all done I assume (I got 3 messages, and CH seems done)

Opposite the sleaping area there is another door, and there is one down the corridor.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on November 18, 2007, 12:20:03 PM
Frowning in concentration, Six listens at the door opposite.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 18, 2007, 12:26:04 PM
Do we get a map? Also did Sithrak pick anything up with his telepathy?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 22, 2007, 03:21:03 AM
A map is a bit pointless at this stage. There are two doors, to the citchen, and to the exit. Both of you hear/sense nothing.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 22, 2007, 04:39:14 AM
Stormy puts her head around the kitchen door to see what is there to be seen.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 22, 2007, 04:54:17 PM
Sithrak flies over to Stormy just in case there are any surprises.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 27, 2007, 03:29:14 AM
You see a large, pretty bare room with some long tables in it. There is another door to your left inside the room, and a hollow part of the wall next to it showing it is the actual kitchen through it.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on November 27, 2007, 03:50:30 AM
N'nyarok raises his head, and everybody can see his nostrils twitching, as well as his ears, in the direction of the kitchen. His stomach growls as he slowly walks to the hollow part, secretly dreaming of a big juicy piece of raw meat, or maybe meat, or at least meat. However, he's betrayed by a long drop of dribble running from his mouth, that he doesn't even seem to feel or notice...
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 27, 2007, 06:37:14 AM
Stormy moves into the kitchen ahead of her hungry comrade, looks through the hollow part of the wall, and assuming she sees nothing dangerous, moves on to listen at the next door.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 27, 2007, 08:58:08 AM
Sithrak follows and searches everything
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 28, 2007, 03:19:26 AM
The hollow part of the wall is the area where you would be given a lunch tray if you were a guard, so there is a typical kitchen beyond it. The door goes into this area
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 28, 2007, 05:24:42 AM
Stormy proceeds with caution, through the door and into the kitchen proper.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 28, 2007, 08:34:02 AM
OOC: Did Sithrak find anything when he was searching?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on November 28, 2007, 08:46:05 AM
N'nyarok proceeds less cautiously than Stormy. In fact fact he wouldn't mind eating the cook if he was in the kitchen.

The gnoll will look for food meat.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 29, 2007, 03:20:09 AM
in the kitchen, you eventually find a deepish room where the food is stored, about enough for fourty days food if you can carry it all. Apart from that there is nothing (no cook)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 29, 2007, 05:28:35 AM
"I think some food would be in order, since that stupid guard never made it to my cell with breakfast."

Stormy proceeds to find something suitable to eat, and then puts about five days rations in her pack.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 29, 2007, 12:18:02 PM
"Devils don't need to eat. I will watch out for guards while you eat. It will give me some time to adjust this armor." Sithrak starts to tinker with The armor he had just found. He uses his telepathy to listen for other creatures approaching.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on November 30, 2007, 03:20:54 AM
Sithrak hears/sences nothing at all whilst the others chow down.

How much of the food are you guys eating, It'll probably take two days of food each today to get your strength back
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 30, 2007, 04:37:59 AM
Sithrak puts on his new scale mail. Once he does and adjusts all of his equipment and weapons, he searches the room while the other finish their meals.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on November 30, 2007, 05:03:34 AM
Stormy will eat as much as she can, but not so much so that she feels sick.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on November 30, 2007, 05:19:24 AM
N'nyarok rampages through the kitchen, but he'll do more mess than he'll eat. If he finds something that he likes (meat, for example...), he'll get some for later, otherwise he'll keep nothing.

He'll also get some kitchen knives if they look sharp. N'nyarok likes sharp edged thingies...
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 30, 2007, 12:09:42 PM
Are there any doors or anywhere else we to go from this room that isn't where we came from?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 01, 2007, 03:55:53 PM
Through the corridor the only door you haven't gone through is the one subtily labeled 'exit'

N'nyarok throws everything he sees on the floor, making alot of noise. He finds some meat, and his animal instincts take over and he devours what he finds in second. He also finds piles uppon piles of nives through his 'searching', but selects a few to keep and discards the rest based on how shiny, sharp and big they are Stormy eats the equivelent of 3 days rations before he common sence prevails and she stops. She pockets a sack worth of food for later (5ish days).

There is still about 27 days of food in the citchen, and I'm pretty sure six won't be able to carry that much.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 01, 2007, 04:02:30 PM
"I'll scout ahead and see what is out there." Sithrak turns into his rat form and scurries out of the room, going out of the exit through a crack or under the door. He looks around the area to see who or what is out there.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on December 01, 2007, 04:37:24 PM
Six looks at the other party members in disgust.

When Sythrak turns into a rat, he looks at him in disgust.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on December 02, 2007, 09:30:35 AM
"Your choice not to eat, but we'll be laughing at your sorry hide when you collapse from hunger in the middle of a fight.  I don't remember the guard bring you breakfast before our large friend here helped us all to break out."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on December 02, 2007, 11:21:46 AM
"You talk too much" says Six simply. He grabs something light and simple from the available food and eats it with surprising delicacy.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 02, 2007, 12:39:11 PM
He is so blunt isn't he.

S scurries off down the corridor and bumps into a door. From what he can tell this door is the only other way except backtracking
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 02, 2007, 12:42:07 PM
Is he able to get out of the door in his rat form so he can scout around?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 05, 2007, 05:17:55 PM
No, It's a prety solid and heavy wooden door

[spoiler]There is a triggered event that happens when you leave. No guards will come and nothing will happen untill you leave the prisson, which you have fully searched[/spoiler]

ready to go?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on December 05, 2007, 05:49:12 PM
Six opens the door. And strides through.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 05, 2007, 07:27:27 PM
Sithrak stay in his rat form (for now), and scurries out behind him.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on December 06, 2007, 01:41:00 AM
His stomach full and a weapon in hand, N'nyarok feels much better. All that he needs now is fresh air, and it looks like he could find some beyond the door. So he'll follow.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on December 06, 2007, 04:05:21 AM
Reseating her new backpack, now laden with food as well as kit, and securing her weapons about her person, keeping one of the shortspears to hand, Stormy follows the others to see what is beyond the door Six has just gone through, partially wondering if there is something beyond waiting to eat Six for being such a grump.

She can't help but smile.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 06, 2007, 03:22:19 PM
Through the door, you are partially blinded by the light from the sun. Two long years in jail and hardly a glimps of sunlight, your eyes start to get used to dark grey scenery. You enter into a cul-de-sac sort of area, with stores and houses all around you, and a single, straight path going away from you. However, this part of the city is busy, with loads of people hustling and bustling their way through the streets as is a common scene for those who haven't been in jail two years. As they notice the four prissoners willy nilly walking into a busy street with weapons drawn, so guess what? panic sets in after ten second and people start rapidly dispersing from your direct area. Two people however seem to be running towards you. One, an old man in blue robes, with a long, light grey beard and a walking stick, and the other, a small child, probably around 5-7. After the croud has largely dispersed you notice they are being chased by five guards.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on December 06, 2007, 03:59:13 PM
Six snarls in annoyance and hightails it away from any old men, children and guards. Not his problem.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 06, 2007, 08:53:44 PM
Sithrak (still in rat) form scurries out of the way. He uses his telepathy to reach out to the minds of the child and man in blue, "who are you? and why do you run?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on December 07, 2007, 04:11:34 AM
Stormy secures her short spear and prepares to Eldrich Blast the guards, if necessary.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on December 07, 2007, 04:37:30 AM
N'nyarok tightens his grip on his swords and looks around him to find a place where to hide.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 07, 2007, 05:56:36 PM
Sithrak doesn't hear much in the mind of the child, mostly just 'WTF is going on, I'm tired, I don'tlike big nasty men' etc, but in a more childlike manner. When you try the old man however, you manage to hear nothing, as if there was a protective field stopping you.

As the two run foreward, the man slows down as he spots you, turns to see the guards, and continues running towards you. He reaches Six's feat and starts to grovel "Please save us, I know there much hatred in you, and I can help you with that, but you must save us from the guards!" The kid runs into a small allyway just beside the prisson and curls up in the dead end.

The guards in full persuit stop about ten to fifteen foot away from you with their weapons drawn. One steps foreward, showing a small blue stripedown his armour, which you think signifies a higher rank in the Crimson guard. He speaks, "What is this old man, you couldn't face your fait so you free these prissoners and trick them to fight for you! Prissoners, don't listen to this fool, he has broken the law and must be arrested. We will then sort out what to do with you."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 07, 2007, 06:45:59 PM
Sithrak telepathically tells his 'companions' "Who cares if we help them, but lets kill the guards anyway!"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on December 08, 2007, 01:38:53 AM
N'nyarok was kind of walking away when he hears Sithraks' call. Turning back his head, an insane sparkle once more lights up in his eye... Unleashing a true hyena's laughter, the gnoll licks the blade of one of his swords and walks around the guards.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 08, 2007, 09:20:45 AM
Sithrak scurries into a flanking position.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Fabian on December 08, 2007, 12:34:47 PM
With a tremendous sigh of frustration, Six reluctantly stays to fight. (nudging the old man from off around his feet of course)

"This is ridiculous." he mutters.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 08, 2007, 01:50:05 PM
Combat thread coming up soonish (I decided it keeps the gaming thread cleaner). This time there should be a map
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 13, 2007, 07:40:49 AM
*bump*
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on December 13, 2007, 08:57:52 AM
*bump*

*boing*
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on December 29, 2007, 07:54:34 AM
woble

sorry, there was skiing, then jesus day build up, then the joys of jesus day for a bit. Now internet time.

I'm currently awaiting a reply from balgin on how he gets maps onto the forum, because it doesn't want to accept mine when I make a new thread, but it is all ready, so it should be back to a full running campaign tommorow
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on December 29, 2007, 08:33:09 AM
What format is the file in? You should be able to upload it directly into your post.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 07, 2008, 04:06:56 PM
With five guards bleading their last or dead on the streats before you, Stormy is the fist to remember of the old man who approched the group before and runs after them, down the backstreet

(copied from the fight thread) Stormy runs after the old man and turning the corner finds him pacing and making rash arm movements not too far of the main streat (about 15ft/7.5m), obviously mixed with anger, fear and hope, seemin more interested in himself than the child, who standing much more composed, watching the old man as he moved.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 08, 2008, 05:48:28 AM
"Hey.  The guards won't be after you any more.  We have almost nothing, but I'd be willing to hear your story, and I'm sure we'll help if we can."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 08, 2008, 10:59:21 AM
Sithrak searches the guards. He always uses his detect magic to see if they had anything interesting. "I'll catch up in a second"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 08, 2008, 11:18:46 AM
"Oh, thank you strange travelers, thank you greatly! (he shakes your hand vigourously) My story? Well, you seem to not like the guards as much as we do, so I guess I do owe you. I do not fully understand myself, but the barron is after this child, and I have sworn to the underground I keep him safe at all costs, as we think he has ties to the great founder of Ra-Haven City, Mar, and the since the barron is so interested in him, we think it is best we dont let him get his gready hand son him." He then kneels down and puts his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Do you see his knecklace? (he pulls out a neclance from under the kid's shirt) It is the symbol of mar. No one knows how he got it, or where, but it could be valuable, and it is not safe to keep it here where the barron can find it, which is why I was going to the undergr..."

He pauses

"Oh, I've said too much. Tell you what, four ruffians like yourselves who can fight with such prowes and ability, and who lack simpathy for the crimson guard... (he pulls out a map and unrolls it) .This is a map of Haven City. If you can get us here (he points to a place on the map) without raising much attention to yourselves, or worse, then there may just be someone waiting there for you who could do with your, assistance."

He hands you the map and 10gp

"How about it?"

Sithrak finds more armour (chainmail and some mediums I'll roll for if anyone still wants armour) and more short swords, longswords and shields. everything is faintly magical, including the weapons and armour of your coliegs (I can't shake the fealing I didn't tell you that)

(pictures in a sec once I find them)

Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on May 08, 2008, 02:24:06 PM
N'nyarok makes sure none of the guards will ever stand up, either slicing their throats or plunging his sword deep in their hearts. And he enjoys every second of it. He listens to the old man with a distant ear, only understanding he's proposing some kind of deal or work.

"Nyaaaaha... - says the gnoll as money is offered - unless puny humans give N'nyarok reason to stay grouped, N'nyarok will go alone, nyahahahaha. N'nyarok not stupid, N'nyarok knows won't go far as group, N'nyarok has chances escape city alone. Puny humans should go alone too, and better if puny guards run after kid and old one, nyaha! Guards not running after N'nyarok then!"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 08, 2008, 03:28:58 PM
"Well for one I can keep you from not dieing on sight, it's not like there are any other gnolls running around in these parts." He walks up calmly to N'nyarok, places his palm on his head and *poof* the gnoll has turned into an elf. "That should keep you alive, for now."

"There's also alot more guards where they came from, and I'm sure you'd love to get your hands on them without dieing in the process"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 09, 2008, 05:19:05 AM
Assuming Stormy can make sense of the map, because I (keeper) cannot!

"I think we should be able to make it there without too much fuss, and it isn't like we've got anything else planned for today, or tomorrow.  You see, we're all dangerous felons, just escaped from yonder gaol.  Locked up for nothing less serious than conforming to The Baron's eugenic ideals."

"I'm sure that some of my companions, although maybe not all, would be willing to come with me.  Gentlemen?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 11, 2008, 10:48:19 AM
Ya, I probably should have explained it a little beter (I tried to find a better map, but couldn't (the campaign is loosly based on a game)). Prety much ignore the green arrows, and it is just a large birds eye view of the city's road plans. The characters aren't really supposed to know what each building is since the city has changed so much in the past few years, so I suppose i could slowly annotate it as the campaign goes on. I'll add in the *you are here* and *get me here* points in a second

(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/eyeolas/Picture3.jpg)

EDIT: the unnamed place is where he wants you to get to. I've got this saved and will post it here and there with the new things and places you discover
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 12, 2008, 08:49:41 AM
Sithrak looks up from his looting "Yes, we should stay together. I won't be seen, so I can scout ahead."

OOC: Aside from more armor is there anything else magical or of interest that Sithrak has found? Also you didn’t tell me if my armor was magical.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 12, 2008, 03:53:39 PM
Hmm, may have sliped my mind. All items are +1 magical unless stated (and remember +1 weapons get you +2 to hit and +1 to wound because they have to be masterwork)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 13, 2008, 04:14:28 AM
"Six, you don't look comfortable.  Are you seeking to find your own way in life?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 13, 2008, 11:13:16 AM
"I don't care for helping, I just want my go at the barron, and I don't need you in the way. You can keep your charity, I'm outa here"

and with that arrogant remark, he turns and runs off into the buisier parts of the streets, where you lose sight of him, maybe to never see him again, maybe to ally once more.

Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 13, 2008, 01:07:43 PM
"Sorry to see him go. He seemed good in a scrud*." The devil shrugs and goes about storing his plunder. "So which way are we headed? I missed that part of the exchange while I was looting the dead."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on May 13, 2008, 01:31:56 PM
N'nyarok shrugs and prepares to disappear too. As Six quickly becomes invisible in the busy crowd, he realizes he will never get that chance.

He grunts and snarls, and finally mutters: "Puny humans have N'nyarok with them until N'nyarok can go. We can go and move and hide! N'nyarok doesn't like this place, and N'nyarok is hungry - Nyahaaaa!"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 13, 2008, 01:37:18 PM
Using his telepathy Sithrak sends a message to his ferral party member "N'nyarok I'm far from human, lets try to avoid insults. If I see some 'food' I'll let you know."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 13, 2008, 03:44:35 PM
"great news! quickly now, we must'nt stay too long else your friend here may change back, illusions where never my strength."

He grabs the kid's hand and implies which way to start going, hoping someone will take his hint
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 13, 2008, 09:13:14 PM
Once everything is sorted Sithrak flies in the direction of the old man and child. "Lets get going then. I'll scout ahead." With that he becomes invisible and heads toward the rendezvous point. while he is flying he looks around for easy targets, guards, and potential food for N'nyarok.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 14, 2008, 05:37:04 AM
Stormy sticks close by the old man, moving carefully but as fast as the child and old man can manage. Keeping an eye out for the authorities.

She also silently uses her Dark One's Own Luck invokation, to add +5 to her Reflex saves for the next 24 hours, or until she decides to change it.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 14, 2008, 02:10:01 PM
Turning back to face the street, you all notice the bodies of the newly deceased have vanished with little trace they where ever there. Noticing the look of surprise on your faces the man says "Ah, don't worry about that, we have men for that sort of thing" He winks at stormy.

You walk on for a few minutes through the relatively tight crowds in a fairly modern (in game terms), mainly looking at the architecture and what the city has become. Sithrak notices many guards rushing into the area where your fight had broken out with similar faces as yours where, but finds very few guards that aren't in groups of at least 2, usually more and decides to keep it cool for now. Fairly suddenly the City turns into a much more run down village looking area, clearly not having been revamped for the Barron.

You eventually reach a secluded area that roughly translates to where you should be on the map and find a thin corridor in between two fairly rundown buildings on your right. "quickly now, through there" the man points to the passage. "We don't want anyone to see us". You do as the man says, seeing for the first time a look of seriousness and forcefullness. The man enters last behind you

Once in the passage the man says "we're technical out of the city now. It's the only reason the Barron hasn't found us in so long." The passage opens out into a small open area, similar in architect ct to the slightly run down city, but clearly inhabited. However, the main thing that draws your eye is the two dead crimson guards and third one falling to the ground at the blade of an elf, tall, thin and clad in armour, but bearing no crimson guard badges or insignias.

EDIT: haha, I've found the spell checker!
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 14, 2008, 10:08:46 PM
Sithrak becomes visible "So now what?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 15, 2008, 05:25:14 AM
"I think what my trusted diabolic acquaintance means is that we have been kept rather out of the loop for quite some time by The Baron's distrust, so, if you wouldn't mind, could you bring us up to speed on recent events, please?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Chrysalis on May 15, 2008, 07:11:59 AM
N'nyarok, doubtful, looks around him and glances at the elf.

He searches for another escape, preferring shadows and covers to this way too opened place.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 15, 2008, 08:10:45 AM
Sithrak noticing how nervous N'nyarok is telepathically suggests "Why don't you eat the guard he just skewered?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 15, 2008, 11:26:13 AM
(Kor,Torn)

"Guards, here! Torn have they found us!"  the old man half yells, half suppresses, and ignoring your question. He then runs up to the man by the guards.

"It would seem so. Let's hope these are the only ones who knew."  The man replies calmly, panting for breath. "So you made it here with the kid after all Kor? impressive. Any trouble along the way?"

"well, there where minor guard issues, but these three, and one more, dispatched them as quick as I could run."

"So, these guys can fight hugh?"

"It would appear so, and they had just escaped from the Barron's prison. They could be a great help to us."

Torn walks up to you, glancing over to Sithrak as if he knew where he was. "Well, you want to know what's been going on around here? Well. We're the underground. we where a few of the many who where exiled or captured over two years ago when he came to power, and looking at you three, you must have been part of the unlucky ones. We set up shop just outside the city to avoid the Barron's ever vigilant eye, and have been plotting to overthrow him ever since. But times like these are bleak, and our hope is growing thinner by the days. We've been on many missions to disrupt the Barron's plans, cutting off travel carts, cutting off communication links, and slimming the number of crimson guards in these parts the bast we can."

"So you see, we can always use new recruits. What would you say if we offered you a spot in our organisation? There isn't much here, but it's more than is back through there for you (Kor points through the passage you just came through). How about it?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 15, 2008, 11:34:23 AM
"We must speak for outselves, but I would be glad to join your cause." she flashes a stunning smile at Torn.

"You might sway N'nyarok's mind by offering him something considerable to eat." Stormy advises him.
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 15, 2008, 11:43:58 AM
Torn takes an instant shine to the stunning madden (I wonder why?) and throws a smile back

"I'm guessing you mean this one (he makes a small attempt to point at the disguised N'nyarok). Well, I'm sure we could find something. I've heard dragon meat cooked properly is tasty to plenty of beasts such as this one". He can clearly see past disguises and invisibilities.

(below is a rough image of him, but his ears are pointier)
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 15, 2008, 01:51:24 PM
Sithrak uses his Detect Good ability. Once he is finished with that he lands on N'nyarok's shoulder and comments "Dragon meat, I have not had any of that since I was back in hell! I'll join up as long as I can kill more of the guards who kept me captive. Do you happen to have any items that might be of use to someone my size?"
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 15, 2008, 03:51:49 PM
The detect good shows up strongly on Torn

"Hmm, for a guy like you? Maybe. I'll have to have a dig around. After anything in particular?
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Keeper on May 16, 2008, 04:59:45 AM
"Come then, let us sit and eat together, and we can discuss our common goal of causing disruption and lingering discomfort to our mutual antithisis.  I am making the assumption that lingering discomfort is amongst the plans of your group, of course.  Because having been incarcerated for so prolonged a period of time, I feel pretty confident in speaking for us all when I say that Sithrak, N'nyarok and myself all harbour lignering discomfort for the Baron as a goal."
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: eyeolas on May 16, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
"Well then, we have ourselves some initiates!" Kor says, seemingly very pleased.

"Mm, hold up old man, we still have to test if these guys are anything of what you say they were. I reckon we should have a test, an initiation if you will. But we'll wait a day before getting into that sort of thing."

"Indeed, indeed. Well, food you say, a fair point. Follow me." Kor turns and walks into the larger building of the ones around you whilst you follow him in. It presents itself as a quite large area, larger than you would expect from it's outside, with doors and stairs leading to all directions. "It isn't much, it isn't pretty, but it's home. You'll notice it's a bit bashed together." He leads you further through the seemingly endless array of wooden doors, dimly lit by torches, until he opens one into a large room, with a couple of round tables that could sit around eight. "You boys are in luck, we just hit a merchant supplying the southern areas of the city with food yesterday. That aught to fill your stomaches." Kor pulls out three seats. "I'll be right back". He leaves the room, most likely to prepair the meal.

Essentially, this is a time for private chat between you guys, for character bonding, asking questions and general in game talk, so since there is currently no one in the room with you, this would be the time to talk behind their backs about anything that generally wouldn't want to be heard (no, Torn didn't follow you). People will come back to the room soon. I'll call it a night and start up the first mission when you guys are ready
Title: Re: Mission 1: The great escape
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 16, 2008, 02:56:28 PM
Sithrak flies over to the table, lands on it, and takes off his backpack. He sits down and lays out his weapons. “I don’t need to eat. It just unnerves people when I don’t!” Sithrak takes the tiny belt he found and puts it around his waist. After putting the scabbard on the belt he puts away his new found Falchion and tucks his knife into the belt. He uses his detect magic to see if there are any spell auras or listening devices to spy on them. He waits for replies from his companions while finishing little mundane tasks like puttying his coins and thieves tools in his belt pouch. He looks down to admire the work he did on his armor and tosses the pack on his back again. “When they get back I need to ask what other weapons they have around here. I need to get items that are better suited to me. So what do you guys think?”

Weapon Wish List:
Steal Heavy Crossbow with Adamantine Bolts
Spiked Chain