Custom Hobby Forum

• October 23, 2017, 05:41:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Balgin's Wishlist  (Read 33807 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: Balgin's Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »

Paizo aren't selling the Ptolus miniatures any more so now I won't be able to get them anywhere unless someone's bothered to actualy get some :(.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but Victoria Miniatures 100VIC02 Dwarf Troll Slayer (picture link). Unfortunately it's probably the only Victoria mini I fancy (at the moment) and it looks like it's available from an australian website, but their other stock doesn't appeal to me much (I'd like some of the historical stuff but the quality seems to be lacking or the proportions too chunky on the ones I might've liked).

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »

i beleive fighting 15's had some of victoria's stuff on sale (they did at salute)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

Right, so Ptolus mini's are available again but not all of them seem to be.

The Wants:

Chaositech Adept
Knight of the Pale
Lillith (a nice plain mini without too many silly bits on it)
Order of the Fist Initiate
Sheva Callister
Sister of Silence
Vai Assassin

The Maybe's:

The Dwarf Rifleman (I'm not keen on the goggles and a few other aspects of the sculpt).
Cleric of Lothian (I spy spear convertion potential)
Forsaken Adpet? (necro potential)
Harrow, Elf Sorceror? I'm not sure, don't like the claw things strapped onto the ahnds but the clothes and mask are cool.
Navanna Vladaam?

The following are still available:

Navanna Vladaam
Knight of the Pale
Lillith (a nice plain mini without too many silly bits on it)
The Dwarf Rifleman (I'm not keen on the goggles and a few other aspects of the sculpt).
Forsaken Adpet? (necro potential)
Sister of Silence
Harrow, Elf Sorceror? I'm not sure, don't like the claw things strapped onto the ahnds but the clothes and mask are cool.
Chaositech Adept
Cleric of Lothian (I spy spear convertion potential)
Sheva Callister
Vai Assassin

The following are not: Order of the Fist Initiate

Although it's been absolute yonks since I saw them and that monk with the dagger looks like he might've been him. Bizarrely the painted preview pictures don't do them any favours (the older unpainted greesn had better camera angles). Some of them look quite different from different angles but a few still look quite good. I might look into placing an order soon. A few of them seem to have "this product is a back order" written next to them implying that they don't have any in stock at the moment. Fortunately those few aren't ones that interested me very much anyway so I might just go for it (and see what Magnificent Egos stuff they've got in as well).

I've recognised some of the other Ptolus minis I didn't want (like the minotaur wizard) so I reckon they're probably all there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:39:54 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »

Does anyone know where this comes from?

He looks like he might be an Enigma sculpt.

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2008, 04:49:55 AM »

i'm guessing one of the polish companies or that russian guy on coolmini who does all the 100mm dwarves.

looks much bigger than 28mm

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2008, 05:02:48 AM »

i'm guessing one of the polish companies or that russian guy on coolmini who does all the 100mm dwarves.

looks much bigger than 28mm

Funny you should mention that. He's on a 40 mm base but when you ignore the treasure chest and the ground he only comes to about 25-30mm tall. So he'd just about fit in with the long legged dwarfs Werner Klocke did for Reaper or those really big dwarfs from Dwarf Tales (basicaly they're dwarf size plus the height of a normal base, if you stick them on an actual base they look too tall).

I saw someone write MAS near it but that doesn't sound like any company I've heard of.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

Right so, the condensed list:

An assortment of zombie monks (western/euopean monks). About 24-25 of them ideally but hopefuly I won't need that many at any one time.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/Grim/zombiemonks.jpg

A not Grimorden

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/Grim/Grim1.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/Grim/Grim2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/Grim/Grim3.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/Grim/Grim4.jpg

The Grimorden should be somewhere between human and ogre/troll size (so big but not that large). I know the pictures make it look larger and I was surprised by it's size too. Maybe Heresy do something almost appropriate. Perhaps some opf the Ilyad demons would've been good too but they're out of business now (and why can't french people spell Illiad anyway?).

Magnificent Ego's (once again out of busines):

The Prophet 2, Wall of Stone spell mini (x2 to turn into Gorten's rockj wall with greenstuff in the middle), that dragon tamer girl in scale mail with the crystal ball.

Hobbit paladins, tweedledum & tweedledee style pair in makeshift heavy armour with comedy small wooden swords and spears or something. They'd be a boy and a girl (and she'd have two large pigtails protruding from beneath her cooking pot helmet). I don't think anyone makes them but it would be a good idea.

Appropriate mini's for the fighting fantasy pregens:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Doodles/ffd20pregens.jpg

I might have the fighter sorted but the rest are still up for grabs.

Classic Citadel miniatures:
The Clint Bounty Hunter
The Dwarf Without a Name
and finaly the Clint Eastwood Dwarf (complete with poncho, cigar, hat and crossbow, I've seen it so I know it exists but some lucky bugger bought it before me).

Andrea Miniatures:
54mm Drunegar Runekeeper
30mm Drunegar Runekeeper
El Cid
some (but not all) of their vikings, saxons & germans

I can get everything else they sell elsewhere.

WFRP 2nd ed books:
Barony of the Damned
Night's Dark Masters
Children of the Horned Rat
The Thousand Thrones Campaign
Character Pack
Old World Armoury
Paths of the Damned 1&2

And the two books Fantasy Flight Games braught out already.

Victoria Miniatures female trollslayer: http://eurekamin.com.au/popup_image.php?pID=10206

So anyway, from the Ptolus range (now renamed)

The Wants:

*Galtan Freedom Fighter
High Priest of Pharasma (a nice plain mini without too many silly bits on it)
Varisian Adventurer
Nexian Bounty Hunter
Vai Assassin

The Maybe's:

Riddleport Tax Collector
Numerian Witch
Janderhoff Wandrifler (I'm not keen on the goggles and a few other aspects of the sculpt).
Osirian Tomb Warden (I spy spear convertion potential)
Mwangi Shaman? (necro potential)
Nidal Shadow Priest? I'm not sure, don't like the claw things strapped onto the ahnds but the clothes and mask are cool.
Chelaxian Devilborn?*

Does anyone know where this comes from?

http://www.microartstudio.com/gallery/news/Miniature_Dwarf_Bjorn_the_Hunter_1.jpg

He looks like he might be an Enigma sculpt.

Assorted Reaper Mini's (lost my wishlist). Reaper Olive Skin Tone triad.

Freebooter: Sarah Item Code: STE005

Dwarf Berserker Item Code: AOW01
Elf Hero Item Code: AOW03
Barbarian Hero Item Code: AOW07
Dark Elf Sorceress Item Code: AOW08

There's more things too (HF multi part goblins etc) but this post'll probbaly help for a start.

With recent additions:

HF  Norman Dwarfs, Magnum PI (to go with the other Grymn) and the unreleased multipart goblins.

Maybe also skiffy Jen http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1001 and skiffy Libby http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1790. I'm not so sure about them yet but some of you star wars fans would probably want them (and the other star wars kids too). Many of you would probably like the upcoming Cobra PLisken as well.

OH yeah probably The Tardis too :).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 12:36:00 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »

what do you think of the chaos dwarf and new dwarf with pistol from Avatars of War Balgin?

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2009, 10:12:24 PM »

what do you think of the chaos dwarf and new dwarf with pistol from Avatars of War Balgin?

Awkward. It may just be the camera angles but the dwarf's left wrist looks bent back a bit a she aims the gun. The axe arm doesn't look awkward but I really don't like the huge chain/strap thing going down from the main gun to his body. It looks too stiff (and has only got details on one side). It looks like a bolter clip, rigid coming straight out.

The pipe looks good but he's got a huge cartoon widow's peak that goes right down between his eyebrows (it's almost as if he's got a sort of peaked cap on or something). The dragon's head on the end of the gun barrel looks a bit crud* too (it broadens out too much). He also looks a bit on the lanky side.

The chaos dwarf justr screams of flat modelism. The plaits in his beard don't seem to line up for continuitie's sake. If you follow the line down afrom above the arm, or up from beneath it, they don't seem to meet. Big flat square weapon, flat "square" body. Flat modelism and, if the base in the photo's is anything to go by, way too big to be called a dwarf too. Giant chunky space marine shoulderplates squashed  a bit to fit in with the flat style. I don't like it.

Does anybody know if there are any of those unreleased Chronopia dwarfs available anywhere? You know, the tunnel fighters, warshields and the scout unit (wolf scouts I think). You know, the ones that never got released outside some small state in america who did no international advertising at all.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »

The new freebooter girl
has 5 pieces

Does anyone think the head could be a separate piece?

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »

There is something odd about that was (at least to me)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »

There is something odd about that was (at least to me)

Nah, I'm seeing it to. It's just that those are the sort of earrings Kess should have (and the face is reasonable) so I was wondering if the head was separate or stuck in that collar.

I'm reckoning 5 parts = main body, gun on back (plus arm holding it from the elbow/armpit), the 2 pistols at the hip for one piece, the base inlay and maybe the base it gets put into (or some part of the bopdy or something to stick on the base).

It is an odd sculpt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up