Custom Hobby Forum

• February 26, 2021, 04:08:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down

Author Topic: Balgin's Wishlist  (Read 40889 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Balgin's Wishlist
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:16:53 AM »

An assortment of zombie monks. I don't mean ninja wannabe's, I mean medieval european monks, robes, tonsures, sandals the lot. They've all died in a variety of ways (I have a list) and I suppose living monks that I could paint as dead would be cool as I'm only ever going to use them for a handful of games anyway (but that's not the point).

The Grimorden (I'll post a picture in a bit of it dragging a dead monk along). It's basicaly a large, man sized demon thing kept in a magical prison that the monks have discovered (whilst unearthing some old ruins), it animated a dead man as a ghost type thing, he kiled the monks and then it's animated them as zombies. Good stuff but hard to find models for.

Dekion Strom: human, large, burly, outdoors type. Shoulder length hair & big 70's droopy moustache that goes below his jaw. Armed with a scimitar & shield and wearing a shirt of bright mail (I'm currently using that Reaper scimitar druid as a standin and it's fairly good but he at least needs the fox's head removing from his shoulder and a moustache sculpting on). I have a picture for Dekion Strom as well :p.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: Balgin's Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 03:57:16 AM »

Behold the Mmight that is The Grimorden!

Now considering that that's a monk (human body) he's dragging in the first pic and that those are ghouls in the last picture, I'd say he's large (slightly smaller than troll size) and probably fits on a medieum sized Warmachine style base (although he could fit on a small one, probably).

I don't like the really skinny face on that body and think it could be a tad wider.

Since the Grimorden is copywrite (by a company who haven't updated their website since 2002 and haven't produced any enw products since then either) I'm not wanting to see a commercial sculpt but if anyone would be willing to do a custom sculpt I'd be grateful.

I've almost suggested the Grimorden on FOD a few times but had misplaced the pictures :p.

Here's some zombie monks too:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 03:58:53 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 07:25:59 AM »

Rackham's Meteors of the Aegis-NABO04 boxed set (because they look perfect for a dwarven bloodbowl team). Unfortunately that means I'd probably need 2 or 3 boxes......

Also the Rackham female dwarf warriors ('cause you don't see  alot of thsoe and these cartoony ones have a little comedy value and look pretty, if unbelievable).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:52:18 AM »

Its a nice idea. I like the look of the demon. Hmmm let me see.....

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 02:43:14 PM »

Shouldn't this be in the figures suggestions rather than wish list, as they haven't been made?

I like the idea.. sort of Legend meets Orcs.

Maybe dog/goat type rear legs (what do they call those type of legs?) but with the same muscle mass would make it look less like a (big) man in a suit.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:14:10 PM »

Shouldn't this be in the figures suggestions rather than wish list, as they haven't been made?

it's here because I wanted to start a wishlist thread and didn't notice the suggestions section. However, the main reason it's here and not there is that some of you might know of existing sculpts that I'm not aware of (like lots of monks who already look like mindless zombies :p).

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:34 PM »

I have a few monks, got one picked to paint sometime, he's more a Buddhist monk but the head looks like Davros from doctor who.

Davros having a snaching a quick break.

Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 04:56:56 AM »

it's here because I wanted to start a wishlist thread and didn't notice the suggestions section. However, the main reason it's here and not there is that some of you might know of existing sculpts that I'm not aware of (like lots of monks who already look like mindless zombies :p).

Good point.....   :icon_smile:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »

If that thought comes to mind you can always split it  :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 10:26:42 PM »

Magnificent Ego's The Prophet 2 (alledgedly released back in October but blatantly unavailable since their online webshop hasn't been updated since august and because I've ahd bad experiences ordering from Fantisation before).

Also Magnificent Ego's Wall of Stone (times 2, and if someone would greenstuff them together, placing both the high ends together, leaving both the low ends at opposite ends, so that you get to see both sides of the sculpt when viewing it from either end, as opposed to seeing the same thing twice).

Why do I want two? Because I reckon that a pair of them, suitably based and converted, would make a great Gorten's Stone Wall Spell template (much better than bending a card up and waiting for it to break at any rate).

WTF is this Paizo store thing and what have they done to the old ME webshop? It was the old webshop yesterday (no kidding) and now today it's something new.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 10:29:46 PM »

That's not the original version of The Prophet but the new one that nobody has apart from some smug people who went to american conventions because as far as I know it's never been released yet because Magnificent Egos have done nothing since august, sort of.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 10:43:16 PM »

Ptolus: (yes, I know the concept's like an even worse version of Planescape but without any of the cool bits).

So anyway, from the Ptolus range....

The Wants:

Chaositech Adept
Knight of the Pale
Lillith (a nice plain mini without too many silly bits on it)
Order of the Fist Initiate
Sheva Callister
Sister of Silence
Vai Assassin

The Maybe's:

The Dwarf Rifleman (I'm not keen on the goggles and a few other aspects of the sculpt).
Cleric of Lothian (I spy spear convertion potential)
Forsaken Adpet? (necro potential)
Harrow, Elf Sorceror? I'm not sure, don't like the claw things strapped onto the ahnds but the clothes and mask are cool.
Navanna Vladaam?

The style of this guy's sculpting reminds me of the single piece plastics from Heroquest, Advanced Heroquest and assorted GW board games (especialy the Warlock of Firetop Mountain pieces). You know, nice, simple, quaint.

I'd also like the Crunch Waffle samurai with the sword over his shoulder.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:08:03 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 04:02:57 PM »

Also the Rackham female dwarf warriors ('cause you don't see  alot of thsoe and these cartoony ones have a little comedy value and look pretty, if unbelievable).

Female Khor Warriors-NAEL07

I knew I could find the code for them.

Also hobbit paladins, tweedledum & tweedledee style pair in makeshift heavy armour with comedy small wooden swords and spears or something. They'd be a boy and a girl (and she'd have two large pigtails protruding from beneath her cooking pot helmet).

If anyone ever fancies making thsoe two then let me know (they'd work best as a couple 'though).
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:05:05 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »

I really like those undead monks, and the skinny servant type minor demons are very inspiring!
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

Well a lot of them died different ways (like the one who drowned in the bath and now hides in zombie form beneath the soapy bathwaters clutching a razor the monks use to shave their tonsures with and waiting for an unsuspecting victim to come by).

Yes, I have a specific list :p (although most of them were drained to death by a ghost but they have impliments like trowels, the razor etc).

Also they only animate afew hours after the party arrive so if they've been buried or moved or anything then things could change.

But for now the Grimorden takes top priority. Some of those Ilyad demons might have worked but all the Ilyad stuff's pretty hard to find at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up