Custom Hobby Forum

  • October 27, 2021, 08:10:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Mission 2: Flag break  (Read 13471 times)

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Mission 2: Flag break
« on: June 05, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »

after finishing some food, asking some questions and getting a good night's sleep, a new day rises in sunny Ralgron.

After the basics of starting a day (groaning, lying in, eating etc) you are told to meet Torn outside for the 'initiation test'

You go outside and unsurprisingly find Torn leaning on a wall wondering into the sky (You also notice there are no traces of the two dead guards that were there yesterday). Once he notices you he straightens out and addresses you "I trust you got some sleep in. I'll keep things short and simple. To the East of the city there is a ruin of a small area that was destroyed by the neighbouring dragons and was left derelict. A few weeks ago the Barron sent soldiers there to try to reclaim that land. after a small skirmish, the Barron's guards took back the land and placed a banner on top of the main tower, not for the purpose of the land, but for the dragons to know he won't give up without a fight. What we want you to do is steal this banner and bring it back here. It shouldn't be dangerous, but it will give the Barron a good kick in the rear to show we mean business. Are you in?"
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 04:49:36 AM »

"I am.  Sounds like something ideally suited to your visionary talents, Sithrak."
Logged
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »

"Sounds fine to me. Is there anything else we need to know?"
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »

"No, that just about raps up the brief. Am I right in guessing Kor gave you a map?"

he takes your map and marks where you have to go. He also pulls out a piece of purple cloth, walks up to N'nyarok and puts it on him like a headband. "Well, try that on for size". The beast instantly is transformed into the person whom he was yesterday. That ought to keep some guards off your back." With that he walks back, gives a quick smirk to signify a goodbye, and turns back into the building behind him.

Sithrak and Stormy, in mutual agreement start off, followed slowly by N'nyarok, a little confused, very hungry.

You tactfully cross the city to get to the point allocated on the map and find a metal doorway covered in cogs. Sithrak pulls the leaver, and all the cogs start to turn, rolling the door to one side (this is the city's gate system. During an attack the leavers are dissabled). In awe, neither of you two notice N'nyarok slip away back into the city, never to be seen again (or will he? ...). A slight pause and sigh from both of you, you accept his choice and continue onwards into a small room, with a similar door or the far side. Once again the leaver is pulled and the door slides open, revealing a derelict part of the city, with buildings half destroyed, rotting and delapidated. The tower in the middle automatically strikes you as your objective with a deep red banner atop flying proudly. Underneath the skyline of buildings, lies a large quantity (more of it than there is dry land) of dark grey, oozing slimy water that neither of you trust greatly. The last thing that grabs your attention is a small white dragon that flies around the corner, clearly expressing a lack of interest in you.

battle thread coming up (and don't think that because there is a battle thread that you have to fight, negotiation or dodging/running are fine too)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 11:49:32 AM by eyeolas »
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:39:49 AM »

After some quick dodging you both avoid enough of the dragon's attention and stop a combat breaking out, untill a large cry is heard from the top of the tower, and the dragon flicks into high gear and flies after the call.

After a little more looking around, you decide there isn't too safe a way of traversing the lake for Stormy. There are a few mounds and relatively secure looking patches, but she is put off by the thought of jumping around, slipping and finding out first hand about the oozing water. After a little more inspection, Stormy also notices a rusted and worn ladder behind the wall on your left, that leads onto a raised stone path, cracked and breaking, which also doesn't seems too appealing.

always keep in mind that I'm always rolling spot and search checks, so what are presented as the options may not always be finite
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:48:05 AM »

Stormy thinks to Sithrak: I think the stone path offers the least risky route.  I can use my spiderwalk ability to get up there without having to trust that knackered old ladder.  What do you think?  Can you see anything better from the air?
Logged
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »

"I'll fly ahead and check. Just think if you want to say something, we don't need to be heard." Sithrak flies off to scout ahead and see if it is the best path for Stormy. He stays invisible and makes sure not to fly out of range of his telepathy.
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »

(what range is it for the record?)

from what Sithrak sees, he recons the bridge is easily the safest way to get to the tower by foot. Whilst taking a bird's eye view, he also notices another small dragon, similar to the other you just passed, flying towards the top of the tower.
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »

As Sithrak flies back (still invisible) he uses his telepathy to let Stormy know what he saw. "Lets go" He waits for Stormy to start moving along and follows close by, looking out along the way.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 12:19:34 AM by Custom_Hobby »
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 03:55:55 AM »

Stormy uses her Spiderwalk invokation to Spider Climb up to the path without using the dodgy-looking  ladder, then she moves along the path towards the tower, keeping an eye out for dragons, and trying to be as unseen as possible!
Logged
:hal:   

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »

with a quick mumble, you reach out to the wall and climb up just beside the ladder. At the top you see that there is a bridge to another similar sized island with a square, two level (the top has been destroyed, so there is no roof and there may have been more floors at some point) building. On the other side of the buillding is a similar setup going to the tower. All the while Sithrak keeps a keen eye out for any dangers. stormy then traverses the stone bridge with some ease for such an old, crumbly bridge and arrives in the 2 story building. There she sees some stairs that lead downwards to the first floor.

Do you want to continue on towards the tower, or have a little detour?
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »

Stormy thinks to Sithrak, letting him know about the stairs and asking if we should investigate.  Stormy is interested in investigating.

She goes and has a look down from the top of the stairs to see if there is anything to be seen.
Logged
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 02:28:55 PM »

Sithrak flies by Stormy close enough for her to feel the wind as he passes by "Yes, lets check."
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 02:50:11 PM »

You take a gander down the stairs and judge it as safe. Once down you see a room about 15 by 15 (the same as above) that's very dark, covered in dust and overgrown. Behind the plant life you can see a very tatty room that looks like it would have once been a sleeping area for several people, probably a guard house. You also see a few cubords, drawers etc, which you decide to inspect. They contain a total of 17 gp, a longsword (medium), a necklace (with a now dull, small green jem), and a small metal cylindrical container, which when opened, starts to overflow with water, continuously, untill you put the lid back on.
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »

Stormy uses her Detect Magic (class feature) on the items, and takes everything mundane.  I'll wait to see the results of Detect Magic before I declare what she does next.
Logged
:hal:   
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up