Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 07:49:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Mission 2: Flag break  (Read 13470 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

Sithrak uses his Detect Magic and concentrates on the aura. Wait I felt something

What does he learn from it. He takes all three rounds to get as much as he can from it.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 04:54:10 AM »

Whilst Sithrak is figuring out his feeling, Stormy realises that she can scale the outside wall of this stone tower easily, using her still active Spiderwalk.

Sithrak.  I can still go up the outside of this wall.  When you've finished there, do you want to fly up and see if an entrance via the top is viable, please.  Anyone inside is less likely to expect intruders arriving from above.

eyeolas: Did I send you a copy of the rulebook that includes Stormy's Warlock class description and details of her Invokations?  I can't remember.  Let me know if I didn't and I'll get you a copy :icon_smile:
:hal:   

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »

You did, but I lost all the RR stuff when my first comp died, so another copy would be great

Sithrak determines the object is a ver small sphere, abotu 2cm big. It also seems raised above floor level about a foot. It isn't that powerful, about as strong as your weapons, maybe a little weeker

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 11:53:20 AM »

There seems to be something in there we should take. Wait a second while I steal it and I can scout ahead. Don't forget there are dragons about, they expect anything. Sithrak heads over to the door (invisible) and checks it for traps first. If there are none then he slowly pushes the door open as if the wind had blown it open. If there is no wind he will use his wings to try to simulate wind. He looks into the room to see what is there.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »

You open the door as carefully as you can, but it falls from it's hinges virtually as you touch it. The sound echoes out, but nothing seems to show an immediate response. Inside is a circular room that's fairly bare, a door opposite you, the remains of a desk, and a chest are the only things that you take notice of (the rest is either in such bad shape you aren't keen on touching it, or is just general trash). Inside the chest is a rolled up parchment, which under further inspection rolls out to be pretty long, around half a meter. After come quick skimming, you deduce it's a diary of one of the soldiers, dated around two years ago, describing the rising in power of The Barron, and the changes this had on the military in this area. Sithrak also notices the last date as the day The Barron was given his title, and decides Torn may know more about this. The chest also contains a small ring (the item that was showing from your magic detection).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 05:03:56 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »

Sithrak takes the ring and the parchement. He leaves the room and goes back to meet up with Stormy. Becoming visible he ands her the parchment. Thought this might be of interest. Lets keep going. He becomes invisible again.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 04:36:27 AM »

Stormy continues, as Sithrak suggests, into the room and across to the next door, which she carefully opens.

Is there any way up onto the roof we can see yet?

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »

Sithrak reaches out and stops Stormy from opening the door. Let's be careful, just in case there are traps. He becomes visible just long enough for her to see he is checking for traps. Once he is finished he gestures toward the door in a sort of 'after you' motion and becomes invisible.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »

Stormy proceeds once Sithrak says everything is OK.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:17 PM »

You've prety much deduced that there are 4 flights of steps on the outside of the building that lead up to 3 floors (the top one being the roof, which may have been an additional floor back in the day)

Sithrak finds nothing.

You open the door, and reveal the view behind the tower on the outside. There is another flight of stairs that leads to another door, which you see nothing behind with your magic detection

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 04:16:45 PM »

Sithrak stays invisible and flies up to scount ahead. I'm going to move ahead and scout sinc eI won't be seen. I'll let you k now if it is safe.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 05:31:15 AM »

OK

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 04:33:23 PM »

Could you define scout ahead please? is that going through each floor of the tower, or flying straight up to the top or what (characters that can fly make everything more complex)

And Keeper, I've saved the book so you can remove it. Thanks

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 06:03:51 AM »

Thanks eyelos  :tip-hat:

Stormy re-adjusts what is left of her clothes as best she can whilst she waits for Sithrak.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 09:20:47 AM »

Sithrak stays invisible and flies further up ahead on the same path that Stormy will be walking to make sure she doesn't walk into a trap. He stays within the 100 foot range of his telepathy, so he isn't too far away. Sort of forward recon. He is looking for traps, signs of life (either guards, things that can sound an alarm, or potential vicitms), treasure, etc. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up