Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 09:20:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Mission 2: Flag break  (Read 13474 times)

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
Re: Mission 2: Flag break
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 03:25:41 PM »

the only thing that strikes you as magical apart from you and your companion are the sword (very faintly) and the cylindrical container in your hand

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »

Sithrak also uses his Detect Magic ability while searching around. If they are fully covered he switches back to visible but continues to use his telepathy while they are in unsafe surroundings. "We should take the coins & necklace along with those magical items. Do you mind carrying them? The less I am weighed down the easier it will be for me to get around." If they don't find anything else Sithrak is ready to move on toward their objective.

OOC: Is there anything else? To make it a little clearer I used the underline option to show when he was using his telepathy. If you like it I suggest we use it to make it an easier read and avoid miscommunications.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

good call

no, nothing else you can see (which brings me back to the point in yellow i made about 8 posts ago)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

OOC: I am fine with a detour if there is one. I thought searching this area was the detour. By the way before he leaves the area they are in now Sithrak goes back to being invisible.

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 04:03:40 PM »

ya, this room was the small detour. However, you could always think of elaborate ways of getting to other parts of the maps, I don't mind if they go slightly off the story line, I can always make stuff up, and I HATE straight line stories that are so restricting.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »

Ok so what is around?

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »

that is for me to know, and the players to find out  :icon_wink:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »

Stormy silently picks up all of the items, putting them in her pack, apart from the sword which she hangs at her belt.

Do you want me to keep a note of this stuff on my character thread?  I'm happy to do that.

Well, if there is nothing else down here, she we go back up top and see if we can see anything else out in the wastes?

I was thinking we might go and get this flag, exploring what we see on the way, then take our time going back with it.  I think Stormy would like the idea of stealing this flag as a first act of sticking it to the man!.
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Sithrak turns invisible and heads back out the way they came in. while he is leaving he uses his Detect Magic to see if he can pick up on anything else.

Spot checks along the way please. Lets not forget that he is a devil theif, he will enjoy stealing anything :icon_twisted:

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 04:30:30 PM »

You go back outside and continue towards the tower, agreeing that the flag is your primary concern for the minute. Story starts to traverse the bridge when suddenly the stone beneither her gives way under her foot, and she is thrown to one side. Sithrak makes a grab for her, but fails to reach her in time as she splashes into the ooze below. Stormy stands up in the shallow water (about to her waist), but feals the water seering at her skin.

You're about 10 ft from the island you just came from, and about 20ft from the tower's island. The water is minorly acidic and will continue to hurt her whilst she's in contact with it

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 05:58:03 AM »

Good job she's got "Resistance to acid 5" as a racial attribute!!

She gets back to the nearest island as quickly as possible. Then she gets back up onto the bridge, her Spiderwalk still being active from before and continues with some mental muttering about the damage it has done to her clothes.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 08:40:05 AM »

Sithrak flies over to help her get out of the acid. "Seems there are a lot fo fun little things around here. Lets try not to get noticed. You ok?" Sithrak looks around to make sure they have not been spotted. He also checks from this new vantage point for anything of interest.

He has Acid Resistance 10. Is there anythin in the acid?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:16:26 AM by Custom_Hobby »

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »

Yeah.  The water is a little on the acidic side, but I have inherited some benefit from my ancestors in that regard.  Biggest problem is the loss of my dignity, but I've not got much of that left.  Stormy winks, assuming that Sithrak can see her, wherever he is right now.

I'm glad you're not a human male, Sithrak, what with you zipping about invisibly and me losing my clothing here to acid!  Still, it might serve to distract any guards around the flag. He he.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »

You do know Devils are worse than human males. With that he turns visible long enough to wink back at her and goes invisible again. Let's see what we can find along the way on our mission. We spent all the time caged up that it is well past time to wreak a little havoc!

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »

¬_¬ that was wierd.

You pick yourself up off your ass and reach some land. There you shake yourself off a little (and moan a bit), before taking on the bridge again. You pay much more attention to where you walk this time and cross with no real issues (a wobly bit here and there, but it holds firm). On the other side is the tower, a large, circular stone building. There is a set of stone spiral stairs going a quarter of the way around it with a door at the top, that seems to be the only entrance (that you can see at least). Above you there are several more landings with stone stairs circling round the building in a similar fasion. Even though the building is much taller than the rest and much more prone to falling, it seems to have kept the best out of any of the buidings, anly with overgrown ivy on the outsides, and a bunch of scrud*es and bangs (and holes here and there)

With a quick inspection around it, you decide the only way into the tower is up the stairs. On the way up the steps, Sithrak notices a tiny dot of magic just behind the door on its right a meter or two.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up