Custom Hobby Forum

D&D, d20 and other RPG's => Reclaiming Ralgron => Topic started by: eyeolas on June 05, 2008, 01:56:08 PM

Title: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 05, 2008, 01:56:08 PM
after finishing some food, asking some questions and getting a good night's sleep, a new day rises in sunny Ralgron.

After the basics of starting a day (groaning, lying in, eating etc) you are told to meet Torn outside for the 'initiation test'

You go outside and unsurprisingly find Torn leaning on a wall wondering into the sky (You also notice there are no traces of the two dead guards that were there yesterday). Once he notices you he straightens out and addresses you "I trust you got some sleep in. I'll keep things short and simple. To the East of the city there is a ruin of a small area that was destroyed by the neighbouring dragons and was left derelict. A few weeks ago the Barron sent soldiers there to try to reclaim that land. after a small skirmish, the Barron's guards took back the land and placed a banner on top of the main tower, not for the purpose of the land, but for the dragons to know he won't give up without a fight. What we want you to do is steal this banner and bring it back here. It shouldn't be dangerous, but it will give the Barron a good kick in the rear to show we mean business. Are you in?"
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 06, 2008, 04:49:36 AM
"I am.  Sounds like something ideally suited to your visionary talents, Sithrak."
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 08, 2008, 12:37:59 PM
"Sounds fine to me. Is there anything else we need to know?"
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 09, 2008, 12:07:07 PM
"No, that just about raps up the brief. Am I right in guessing Kor gave you a map?"

he takes your map and marks where you have to go. He also pulls out a piece of purple cloth, walks up to N'nyarok and puts it on him like a headband. "Well, try that on for size". The beast instantly is transformed into the person whom he was yesterday. That ought to keep some guards off your back." With that he walks back, gives a quick smirk to signify a goodbye, and turns back into the building behind him.

Sithrak and Stormy, in mutual agreement start off, followed slowly by N'nyarok, a little confused, very hungry.

You tactfully cross the city to get to the point allocated on the map and find a metal doorway covered in cogs. Sithrak pulls the leaver, and all the cogs start to turn, rolling the door to one side (this is the city's gate system. During an attack the leavers are dissabled). In awe, neither of you two notice N'nyarok slip away back into the city, never to be seen again (or will he? ...). A slight pause and sigh from both of you, you accept his choice and continue onwards into a small room, with a similar door or the far side. Once again the leaver is pulled and the door slides open, revealing a derelict part of the city, with buildings half destroyed, rotting and delapidated. The tower in the middle automatically strikes you as your objective with a deep red banner atop flying proudly. Underneath the skyline of buildings, lies a large quantity (more of it than there is dry land) of dark grey, oozing slimy water that neither of you trust greatly. The last thing that grabs your attention is a small white dragon that flies around the corner, clearly expressing a lack of interest in you.

battle thread coming up (and don't think that because there is a battle thread that you have to fight, negotiation or dodging/running are fine too)
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 17, 2008, 11:39:49 AM
After some quick dodging you both avoid enough of the dragon's attention and stop a combat breaking out, untill a large cry is heard from the top of the tower, and the dragon flicks into high gear and flies after the call.

After a little more looking around, you decide there isn't too safe a way of traversing the lake for Stormy. There are a few mounds and relatively secure looking patches, but she is put off by the thought of jumping around, slipping and finding out first hand about the oozing water. After a little more inspection, Stormy also notices a rusted and worn ladder behind the wall on your left, that leads onto a raised stone path, cracked and breaking, which also doesn't seems too appealing.

always keep in mind that I'm always rolling spot and search checks, so what are presented as the options may not always be finite
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 18, 2008, 05:48:05 AM
Stormy thinks to Sithrak: I think the stone path offers the least risky route.  I can use my spiderwalk ability to get up there without having to trust that knackered old ladder.  What do you think?  Can you see anything better from the air?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 18, 2008, 07:10:05 AM
"I'll fly ahead and check. Just think if you want to say something, we don't need to be heard." Sithrak flies off to scout ahead and see if it is the best path for Stormy. He stays invisible and makes sure not to fly out of range of his telepathy.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 18, 2008, 12:45:46 PM
(what range is it for the record?)

from what Sithrak sees, he recons the bridge is easily the safest way to get to the tower by foot. Whilst taking a bird's eye view, he also notices another small dragon, similar to the other you just passed, flying towards the top of the tower.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 18, 2008, 03:16:03 PM
As Sithrak flies back (still invisible) he uses his telepathy to let Stormy know what he saw. "Lets go" He waits for Stormy to start moving along and follows close by, looking out along the way.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 19, 2008, 03:55:55 AM
Stormy uses her Spiderwalk invokation to Spider Climb up to the path without using the dodgy-looking  ladder, then she moves along the path towards the tower, keeping an eye out for dragons, and trying to be as unseen as possible!
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 11:05:58 AM
with a quick mumble, you reach out to the wall and climb up just beside the ladder. At the top you see that there is a bridge to another similar sized island with a square, two level (the top has been destroyed, so there is no roof and there may have been more floors at some point) building. On the other side of the buillding is a similar setup going to the tower. All the while Sithrak keeps a keen eye out for any dangers. stormy then traverses the stone bridge with some ease for such an old, crumbly bridge and arrives in the 2 story building. There she sees some stairs that lead downwards to the first floor.

Do you want to continue on towards the tower, or have a little detour?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 19, 2008, 01:25:16 PM
Stormy thinks to Sithrak, letting him know about the stairs and asking if we should investigate.  Stormy is interested in investigating.

She goes and has a look down from the top of the stairs to see if there is anything to be seen.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 19, 2008, 02:28:55 PM
Sithrak flies by Stormy close enough for her to feel the wind as he passes by "Yes, lets check."
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 02:50:11 PM
You take a gander down the stairs and judge it as safe. Once down you see a room about 15 by 15 (the same as above) that's very dark, covered in dust and overgrown. Behind the plant life you can see a very tatty room that looks like it would have once been a sleeping area for several people, probably a guard house. You also see a few cubords, drawers etc, which you decide to inspect. They contain a total of 17 gp, a longsword (medium), a necklace (with a now dull, small green jem), and a small metal cylindrical container, which when opened, starts to overflow with water, continuously, untill you put the lid back on.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 19, 2008, 03:06:57 PM
Stormy uses her Detect Magic (class feature) on the items, and takes everything mundane.  I'll wait to see the results of Detect Magic before I declare what she does next.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 03:25:41 PM
the only thing that strikes you as magical apart from you and your companion are the sword (very faintly) and the cylindrical container in your hand
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 19, 2008, 03:39:18 PM
Sithrak also uses his Detect Magic ability while searching around. If they are fully covered he switches back to visible but continues to use his telepathy while they are in unsafe surroundings. "We should take the coins & necklace along with those magical items. Do you mind carrying them? The less I am weighed down the easier it will be for me to get around." If they don't find anything else Sithrak is ready to move on toward their objective.

OOC: Is there anything else? To make it a little clearer I used the underline option to show when he was using his telepathy. If you like it I suggest we use it to make it an easier read and avoid miscommunications.  
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 03:43:35 PM
good call

no, nothing else you can see (which brings me back to the point in yellow i made about 8 posts ago)
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 19, 2008, 03:51:18 PM
OOC: I am fine with a detour if there is one. I thought searching this area was the detour. By the way before he leaves the area they are in now Sithrak goes back to being invisible.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 04:03:40 PM
ya, this room was the small detour. However, you could always think of elaborate ways of getting to other parts of the maps, I don't mind if they go slightly off the story line, I can always make stuff up, and I HATE straight line stories that are so restricting.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 19, 2008, 04:20:50 PM
Ok so what is around?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 19, 2008, 04:24:22 PM
that is for me to know, and the players to find out  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 19, 2008, 04:36:57 PM
Stormy silently picks up all of the items, putting them in her pack, apart from the sword which she hangs at her belt.

Do you want me to keep a note of this stuff on my character thread?  I'm happy to do that.

Well, if there is nothing else down here, she we go back up top and see if we can see anything else out in the wastes?

I was thinking we might go and get this flag, exploring what we see on the way, then take our time going back with it.  I think Stormy would like the idea of stealing this flag as a first act of sticking it to the man!.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 19, 2008, 05:16:53 PM
Sithrak turns invisible and heads back out the way they came in. while he is leaving he uses his Detect Magic to see if he can pick up on anything else.

Spot checks along the way please. Lets not forget that he is a devil theif, he will enjoy stealing anything :icon_twisted:
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 21, 2008, 04:30:30 PM
You go back outside and continue towards the tower, agreeing that the flag is your primary concern for the minute. Story starts to traverse the bridge when suddenly the stone beneither her gives way under her foot, and she is thrown to one side. Sithrak makes a grab for her, but fails to reach her in time as she splashes into the ooze below. Stormy stands up in the shallow water (about to her waist), but feals the water seering at her skin.

You're about 10 ft from the island you just came from, and about 20ft from the tower's island. The water is minorly acidic and will continue to hurt her whilst she's in contact with it
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 23, 2008, 05:58:03 AM
Good job she's got "Resistance to acid 5" as a racial attribute!!

She gets back to the nearest island as quickly as possible. Then she gets back up onto the bridge, her Spiderwalk still being active from before and continues with some mental muttering about the damage it has done to her clothes.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 23, 2008, 08:40:05 AM
Sithrak flies over to help her get out of the acid. "Seems there are a lot fo fun little things around here. Lets try not to get noticed. You ok?" Sithrak looks around to make sure they have not been spotted. He also checks from this new vantage point for anything of interest.

He has Acid Resistance 10. Is there anythin in the acid?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 23, 2008, 08:49:55 AM
Yeah.  The water is a little on the acidic side, but I have inherited some benefit from my ancestors in that regard.  Biggest problem is the loss of my dignity, but I've not got much of that left.  Stormy winks, assuming that Sithrak can see her, wherever he is right now.

I'm glad you're not a human male, Sithrak, what with you zipping about invisibly and me losing my clothing here to acid!  Still, it might serve to distract any guards around the flag. He he.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 23, 2008, 09:19:30 AM
You do know Devils are worse than human males. With that he turns visible long enough to wink back at her and goes invisible again. Let's see what we can find along the way on our mission. We spent all the time caged up that it is well past time to wreak a little havoc!
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 23, 2008, 01:21:42 PM
¬_¬ that was wierd.

You pick yourself up off your ass and reach some land. There you shake yourself off a little (and moan a bit), before taking on the bridge again. You pay much more attention to where you walk this time and cross with no real issues (a wobly bit here and there, but it holds firm). On the other side is the tower, a large, circular stone building. There is a set of stone spiral stairs going a quarter of the way around it with a door at the top, that seems to be the only entrance (that you can see at least). Above you there are several more landings with stone stairs circling round the building in a similar fasion. Even though the building is much taller than the rest and much more prone to falling, it seems to have kept the best out of any of the buidings, anly with overgrown ivy on the outsides, and a bunch of scrud*es and bangs (and holes here and there)

With a quick inspection around it, you decide the only way into the tower is up the stairs. On the way up the steps, Sithrak notices a tiny dot of magic just behind the door on its right a meter or two.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 23, 2008, 02:43:08 PM
Sithrak uses his Detect Magic and concentrates on the aura. Wait I felt something

What does he learn from it. He takes all three rounds to get as much as he can from it.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 24, 2008, 04:54:10 AM
Whilst Sithrak is figuring out his feeling, Stormy realises that she can scale the outside wall of this stone tower easily, using her still active Spiderwalk.

Sithrak.  I can still go up the outside of this wall.  When you've finished there, do you want to fly up and see if an entrance via the top is viable, please.  Anyone inside is less likely to expect intruders arriving from above.

eyeolas: Did I send you a copy of the rulebook that includes Stormy's Warlock class description and details of her Invokations?  I can't remember.  Let me know if I didn't and I'll get you a copy :icon_smile:
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 24, 2008, 10:49:10 AM
You did, but I lost all the RR stuff when my first comp died, so another copy would be great

Sithrak determines the object is a ver small sphere, abotu 2cm big. It also seems raised above floor level about a foot. It isn't that powerful, about as strong as your weapons, maybe a little weeker
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 24, 2008, 11:53:20 AM
There seems to be something in there we should take. Wait a second while I steal it and I can scout ahead. Don't forget there are dragons about, they expect anything. Sithrak heads over to the door (invisible) and checks it for traps first. If there are none then he slowly pushes the door open as if the wind had blown it open. If there is no wind he will use his wings to try to simulate wind. He looks into the room to see what is there.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 25, 2008, 03:08:50 PM
You open the door as carefully as you can, but it falls from it's hinges virtually as you touch it. The sound echoes out, but nothing seems to show an immediate response. Inside is a circular room that's fairly bare, a door opposite you, the remains of a desk, and a chest are the only things that you take notice of (the rest is either in such bad shape you aren't keen on touching it, or is just general trash). Inside the chest is a rolled up parchment, which under further inspection rolls out to be pretty long, around half a meter. After come quick skimming, you deduce it's a diary of one of the soldiers, dated around two years ago, describing the rising in power of The Barron, and the changes this had on the military in this area. Sithrak also notices the last date as the day The Barron was given his title, and decides Torn may know more about this. The chest also contains a small ring (the item that was showing from your magic detection).
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 25, 2008, 05:08:32 PM
Sithrak takes the ring and the parchement. He leaves the room and goes back to meet up with Stormy. Becoming visible he ands her the parchment. Thought this might be of interest. Lets keep going. He becomes invisible again.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 26, 2008, 04:36:27 AM
Stormy continues, as Sithrak suggests, into the room and across to the next door, which she carefully opens.

Is there any way up onto the roof we can see yet?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 26, 2008, 11:23:25 AM
Sithrak reaches out and stops Stormy from opening the door. Let's be careful, just in case there are traps. He becomes visible just long enough for her to see he is checking for traps. Once he is finished he gestures toward the door in a sort of 'after you' motion and becomes invisible.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 26, 2008, 11:25:37 AM
Stormy proceeds once Sithrak says everything is OK.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 26, 2008, 12:22:17 PM
You've prety much deduced that there are 4 flights of steps on the outside of the building that lead up to 3 floors (the top one being the roof, which may have been an additional floor back in the day)

Sithrak finds nothing.

You open the door, and reveal the view behind the tower on the outside. There is another flight of stairs that leads to another door, which you see nothing behind with your magic detection

Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 26, 2008, 04:16:45 PM
Sithrak stays invisible and flies up to scount ahead. I'm going to move ahead and scout sinc eI won't be seen. I'll let you k now if it is safe.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 27, 2008, 05:31:15 AM
OK
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on June 29, 2008, 04:33:23 PM
Could you define scout ahead please? is that going through each floor of the tower, or flying straight up to the top or what (characters that can fly make everything more complex)

And Keeper, I've saved the book so you can remove it. Thanks

Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on June 30, 2008, 06:03:51 AM
Thanks eyelos  :tip-hat:

Stormy re-adjusts what is left of her clothes as best she can whilst she waits for Sithrak.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 30, 2008, 09:20:47 AM
Sithrak stays invisible and flies further up ahead on the same path that Stormy will be walking to make sure she doesn't walk into a trap. He stays within the 100 foot range of his telepathy, so he isn't too far away. Sort of forward recon. He is looking for traps, signs of life (either guards, things that can sound an alarm, or potential vicitms), treasure, etc. 
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 01, 2008, 10:53:11 AM
He comes up to another door after the steps, and proptly searches it. He finds nothing (aswell as with his detect magic), so open it. The door reveals a room just as rustic as the previous, covered in training equiptment (targets, dummies etc). He doesn't see any chests or containers, except some quivers with arrows, one of which made for a tiny bow, containing 9 arrows, and one broken one. There is also an old wooden ladder on one side, going up to a trap door in the cealing. There's also another door on the other side of the room he guesses will just hide steps to the next floor.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2008, 01:12:22 PM
Is there a bow (or crossbow) to match the small arrows?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 01, 2008, 02:16:45 PM
Not really. There is a practise bow of your size, but it isn't made as well, and the string isn't as tight, so can't shoot very far or powerfully
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2008, 02:21:43 PM
Sithrak flies over to the coor and listens to see if he can hear anything on the other side. He also checks for traps. Stormy it is safe to come in. I am checking a door now.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 01, 2008, 02:44:10 PM
He searches the door before pressing his ear to it, but finds nothing. Whilst listening he at first hears nothing, but after 10ish seconds, he hears a faint yet distinct clash of metal. He can't pinpoint it's possition, but he thinks it came from above you a few floors.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2008, 03:51:04 PM
I hear something. Sounds like metal clashing, maybe a fight. I am going to see if I can find out what it is.

Is there a window?
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 02, 2008, 02:23:12 AM
There'r a few small holes in the wall if that helps. You can also go outside
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on July 02, 2008, 05:57:06 AM
Stormy carefully follows where Sithrak has been.  And listens at the closed door.

OK, I'm in the room you were in last.  I'm going to go through this closed door.

Stormy proceeds to open the door and continues, with a suitable amount of caution, weapons ready.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 02, 2008, 06:25:40 AM
Sithrak flies out and up to see if he can see what is going on above
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 03, 2008, 02:17:17 AM
Stormy follows into the room, only to see the far door slowly swing open as Sithrak flies out. He ignores the remaining floors (slowly sensing some magic above him and continuing to hear the unmistakable sound of a fight) and perches himself atop a sturdy part of wall on the top, roofless, floor. Before him lies a guard's body, ripped and slashed. On the other side of the area is three dragons, one bleading profusely from a chest wound, and two guards, being trapped in a 'corner' (encircled is probably a better word in a round room but ya know what I mean), cowering behind their shields, but standing their ground.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 03, 2008, 07:57:59 AM
Stomy STAY where your are or hide! There are dragons in the room above attacking the remaining guards. While they are busy I will go for the flag. Staying vigilant Sithrak flies up to see if he can snag the flag.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 03, 2008, 11:20:37 AM
You see the flag on a small platform off to one side of the main building (on an overhang sort of thing). The flag itself is stuck into a small circular hole in the stone so it can fly briliantly for all to see. Sithrak takes a glance at the fight, to see the wounded dragon fall to the floor, promptly followed by a second, leaving the last outnumbered by two guards. The flag isn't very secluded from the sight of the guards, who are currently facing right at it, but probably focussing a little more on the drgaon.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Keeper on July 03, 2008, 11:41:27 AM
Tell me when they've finished fighting and we can finish off or interrogate any survivors.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 03, 2008, 12:57:51 PM
OOC: About how old are the dragons? Were they sacking the tower or do the appear to be part of the guard (despite killing the others)? Remember Sithrak speaks Draconic & Elven.

I'll let you know. I'm headed up to the top to see if I can snag the flag.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 11:20:25 AM
The one remaining is alot older that the other two that have died (probably the mother). The entire dragon tribe is at war with the city, no, there not there to make friends :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 02:24:44 PM
Sithrak sees a possible opportunity. He flies into the room with the dragon and attacks one of the guards. He uses his sneak attack on the closest guard to the dragon. When he becomes visible after the attack he says in draconic "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." He then becomes invisible again and telepathically reaches out to the dragon I'm going to attack the other one
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 02:57:14 PM
It's such a small fight there isn't any need for a combat thread

With a swift strike of the tail, the guard nearest to Sithrak's neck turns green almost instantly, overwhelmed by the poison, and he falls to the floor disabled (through lack of dexterity and health :P). The dragon, overwhelmed by fear and anger over her lost children, seems to ignore Sithrak in her blood frenzy as she releases her breath weapon, leaving the guard barely standing against a wall, and catching Sithrak in the blast aswell (takes 7 damage unless i've overlooked any frost imunities).
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 03:00:56 PM
In draconic Sithrak states "The baron will pay for the loss of your children!" He turns visible. "I am trying to join the resistance, we are on the same side." He waits to see the dragons reaction.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 03:11:34 PM
The guard takes a retaliation slash at the dragon, scrud*ing a wound into its hide and drawing blood from the beast. When the dragon slashes back, the guard, although weekened and bloody, finds a way to narowly avoid his impending doom. Sithrak calls out to the dragon's thoughts once again, but receives no reply from the grieving beast.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 03:26:45 PM
Sithrak attacks the remaining guard and helps finish him off (invisible tail strike)
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 03:32:46 PM
Sithrak takes a confident strike at the helpless guard, but in his mindlessness manages to strike the dragon just above him, felling it ontop of the guard (natural 1, ouch). The guard is still alive, just stuck under a fairly heavy dragon.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 03:42:54 PM
Sithrak reaches out to stormy Get up here I need some help! I think I just killed a dragon by accident. anyway there is only one guard heft and he is trapped under her. Sithrak goes invisible and attacks the guard with his tail sting sneak attack.

Stormy hearing the call heads up into the room to see if she can help Sithrak. I'm on my way  


Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 04:00:21 PM
Sithrak delivers a decicive blow to the now fuly helpless guard, killing him outright. Sithrak promptly starts searching the bodies (the best he can, some are more accesible than others). The guards have 7gp and 8 sp between them. Sithrak notices something unusual about the dragons though, a small orb that he can detect with his detect magic in their head, just below the surface. The devil feals an urge, larger than normal to posses these, as if they are calling out to his sence of greed and power, which overwhelms him. He starts tearing and scratching at the head of each dragon and sloly but surely comes to posses 3 small yellow orbs (about 1.5" diameter), which he hides before his counterpart arrives. Stormy, after three stories of climbing of steps, eventually reaches the roof to find the unmistakable sight of alot of fresh blood and corpses. (I'll tell you if any of the guards are tiny sized particularly since I know you need equiptment, but assume all the guards have the basic weapon and armour aswell so keeper just say if your still looking for weapons and i'll say what they have)
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 04:11:22 PM
Sithrak sees Stormy rush in, he turns visible "Welcome back. I almost got myself killed trying to make a new friend and I wound up killing her. My luck! Anyway help me move the dragon off of this guard so I can see what he might have."

Stormy helps Sithrak move the dragons husk off of the last guard. "Are you ok? There are some icicles hanging off of your wings.

Shaking off the ice he replies "I'll be fine in a few minutes." While searching he uses his Detect Magic and Detect good to see if there is anything he should pay attention to. He also looks for money and small weapons or equipment he can use.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 04:22:03 PM
You certaily made a mess up here didn't you

She helps hurl the beast over (just) to reveal a partially squashed guard with a dent in his chest armour. This guard holds 2 gp and 4 sp.
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 04:27:06 PM
Sithrak takes the 9gp and 12sp and puts them in his pouch. "I guess just a little. I have seen much worse at home." With that he turns invisible, flies up and snaggs the flag. He sets down on Stormy's shoulder and whispers lets get going before they notice it is gone."

The both of them head back the way they came. All the while Sithrak is searching for magic auras and anything else he can steal or kill.

Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 04:35:06 PM
"Sure, I don't think this sherade will go unnoticed if we keep pilling bodies up"

You walk (and fly) down the way stormy came, keeping your wits about you still, but not as much so. Once you leave the Tower building and climb the steps to the bridge to the middle building you passed, you notice a familliar face leaning cassually against the wall with a smirk on his face. Torn rightens himself and walks towards you, being sure that you are the ones that have to cross the bridge, which you cross without trouble this time.

"Well well, you did it, and all without the tunnels, good job, you pass."
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 04, 2008, 04:42:45 PM
Sithrak sitting visibly on Stormy's shoulder replies "Thank you, so now what?"

"Is there anything more you can tell us now that we are members?"
Title: Re: Mission 2: Flag break
Post by: eyeolas on July 04, 2008, 04:58:49 PM
"In due time, I'm sure, but for now all I'll tell you is we didn't call ourselves the undergroud by chance, we have a system of underground tunnels that lead to the major parts of town. You didn't think we'd all walk around willy-nilly on the streets all day every day did you? (he gives you another of his smirks) As members you now have free acces to these tunnels, one of which leads here, so come on, we'll take the easy rout back." He turns and walks into the bulding you had search previously. As soon as you enter you see the bed has been shifted out of the way, revealing a trapdoor you didn't notice from before. "This one hasn't been used in a while, as you can tell." He walks down a ladder after pulling out and putting on a ring who's gem shines with a light enough to see in the tunnel. You follow passivly. After a short walk (shorter than your origional journey) throught the winding tunnels and multiple forks, you come to a dead end with a ladder and open trapdoor above you, showing a small windom of a familiar style room. You climb up to reveal a room in the hideout. "And here we are"

That concludes mission 2, but its late and i'm tired so I'll start the next mission tomorrow with its background