Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 08:05:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down

Author Topic: RR pre game talk  (Read 22396 times)

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
RR pre game talk
« on: September 28, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »

Anyone want to start a PvP campaign withyour truely as the dm?

DnD 3.5 this time (I've tweeked the story to this system). The story is similar to my previouse one, but with the wrincles securely flattened and alot more thought drailed into the pool we call GMing.

Overview (much bigger than last time)

Having grown up as an outcast in Ralgron City, you have never been able to fit into normal society.
During your turn to adulthood there was a massive outbreak as a new ruler came to the thrown, the controversial and already powerful son of the previous ruler came to power, by the name and title of the Baron Praxis, who felt it necessary upon reaching the thrown to enforce the laws of Ralgron City even tighter, and more importantly make some new ones, of which one was to capture and imprison any creatures in his ‘Haven’ city, and to do this he got citizens to enrolee in the new city guard, known as the crimson guard.

When news of a new ruler reached outside the city walls, the dragons to the east, which had made a truce with the Baron’s father, became more ‘hostile’ to the new ruler, who was much less happy to avoid war, and to accept the dragon’s simple requests to have a peaceful relationship with the newly renamed Haven City.
After a few warning attacks on the city from the dragons, the Baron started to realise who he was messing with, and soon happily came to a deal with the elder dragon to keep peace.

During the next year you three, along with several others, were all tracked down and thrown into imprisonment.
Throughout your long and painful stay you were all tested with new potions, and concoctions, which were unsafe to try on ‘pure’ people, which had ill effects on your health and have managed to eventually kill all of the dozen prisoners, except three.

Slowly, news of corruption and desperate deals has reached you in prison, and you have heard of a secret group known as the underground who have just as much hatred for the new baron as you, and plans of escape have managed to synchronise between you three, and one on the outside, whom has contacted each of you individually through different means.

Today is the day you would make or break it, today, you would get your lives back, and today you would start your war with the baron. Today you escape.

Anybody interested?

EDIT: Any better.  :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 01:53:33 PM by eyeolas »

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
Re: Another idea for a campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:54:26 PM »

Did anyone used to watch Armstrong and Miller? They had a  'character' called The Baron. It just made me think of that.

Ahem. Carry on.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »

yes, yes I will :)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »

How many characrters are you looking for?

What level do we start at?

What is out?

What is in?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:41:39 PM by Custom_Hobby »

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »

Woah ... big block of text ..... needs ... breaking ... down ... into ... paragraphs ......

or easily digestable chunks.

Sorry but at the moment I'm finding it hard to concentrate on so many ideas crammed into one paragraph in brief form. Aren't you supposed to begin a new paragraph with every new major concept or event?

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »

LOL, it took me a second to get through it too. I want to see where this goes.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »

Would you accept a dwarven gunner of Bor? It's nowhere near as overpowered as it sounds (for instance, he starts with 30 bullets and enough powder for 12 shots, more powder has a craft dc of very bloody high and he'd generaly have to be 5th or 6th level to have a 50% chance of making some replacement powder). And making twelve shots last over five or six levels, without letting the gun get stolen or vandalised, now that's real resource management :).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »

can I play an Imp?

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:49:34 AM »

If there is a place, I'm in!

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 06:19:04 AM »

You'll start as 6th level (so you aren't weedly little people taking out goblins for 3 levels), and will have no equiptment (which will be shortly rectified)

I'm looking for 4 players, 5 if nead be, but 3-4 is the best

Your not allowed to be lawful, you are in jail after all swearing revenge on the Baron who threw you in there.

Also, no elves. The city guard are all elves, and they are seen as the best race, so wouldn't be thrown in jail

Imps are fine, so long as they aren't LA 6 (I doubt)

Dwarven gunners are fine

Each character has to have some reason to be thrown in jail. It could be anything, so Balgin, your guy could be seen as a heratic for making gunpowder, a very rarely used weapon in those times.

Chrysalis, welkom aboard!

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »

How do we do the stats? 4d6 drop the lowest?  Also do we do our possesions and get them later?

Do you have the 'Savage Species' book? He could be a multiclass ('x' levels of imp & 'y' levels of whatever class). He could be in jail simply for being an imp. Do you have a problem with an evil character?

Chrysalis what type of character do you want to play?

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »

Your not allowed to be lawful, you are in jail after all

It's a set up I tell you! Chaotic people fit lawful people all the time.

You wouldn't want to see a dwarven gunner at 6th level, he'd effectively have 120' ranged "sneak attack damage" added onto his regular shots so long as he was using his gun (and the rest, probably take rapid reload at least once so loading his musket isn't two full round actions, yeah, guns are slow but really dangerous :p).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »

My character would need to be lawful (all imps are), but being evil would be enough (aside from being a devil) to have him tossed in the jail.

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 01:15:11 PM »

Lawful people can be banged up by an evil or chaotic regime. Take Burma as a real life example. A Lawful person could unknowingly break a law; their alignment doesn't make them incapable of error. They do their best to follow rules, and in the case of a lawful evil character twist them to their own advantage or outright lie.

A paladin thrown in jail in a Lawful Evil police state wouldn't sit there and think "Ah well, guess I better follow the law, no matter that the government is corrupt or a bunch of devil worshippers." Nah! He'd do his damnest to break outta there, kick some Evil tail and restore the goodly king to the throne!

(If you can't tell, I like heroic characters...)  :icon_redface:

To be helpful for a second as I saw in the other d20 modern topic that you are looking for other fora in which to play, I can recommend the following PbP fora: www.enworld.org ; www.paizo.com ; http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums.html

I'm playing in a game on the last two and trying to get in one on the first. They are also just damn good as references and news sites.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:18:09 PM by Fabian »
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Take Burma as a real life example.

Or Zimbabwe......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up