Custom Hobby Forum

• April 11, 2021, 10:45:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Introduce yourself...  (Read 56031 times)

cheddarmonger

• I Smell of Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Mature Adult dragon
  • It looked like a mouse hole to me?
    • Cheddarmongers
Re: Introduce yourself...
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 07:05:42 AM »

Any serious collectors of GW figs should join the CCM group as we trade and swap figs with each other rather than go thru Ebay

best wishes

George

CCM is an awesome resource for miniatures collecting.  I don't think there's a mini out there that the group can't identify!

Welcome!
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 07:33:16 AM »

Yep I have never seen a figure that they couldnt identify so far, theres some amazing minds in that group.  mine not being one of them unfortunately :-)  I'm pretty clued up about Dwarfs but only them really...Stunties being the Worlds leading expert on Dwarfs, I have just learnt from him

Thanks for the welcome Cheddar and thanks for the invite Mike :-)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm Balgin, some of you may know me, if the rest of you don't, you probably will :).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 02:22:49 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm Balgin, some of you may know me, if the rest of you don't, you probably will :).

:yeahthat: Short and to the point huh? I'm used to longer posts for you :icon_wink:

:welcome: to all of our new members. I hope you have fun on the forum. Now get posting  :whip:    
 :tsktsk: :lurking:

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »

I think Balgin just threatened us  :jawsdown:

cheddarmonger

• I Smell of Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Mature Adult dragon
  • It looked like a mouse hole to me?
    • Cheddarmongers
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

Wow, we're in the presense of...  well...  uh...

Welcome, Balgin!
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 03:23:46 PM »

Nah, he didn't threaten us, he just mumbled into his ale.  :icon_razz:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Alex

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »

I'm Alex, I'm a 4th year medical student at Edinburgh. I seem to spend most of my time avoiding doing anything constructive by lurking on forums, but when not doing that, I'm DMing a True20 game for some mates. Unfortunately, we manage to get around one game in per semester, but with luck that'll change for the better soon! When I go home for the holidays, I like to play Mordheim with my pals there. Each year we decide we need new scenery, and each year we end up playing on the battered cardstock models that came in the box set. Hopefully I'll find enough motivation here to actually make a start!

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »

...and if not just order it from me :icon_wink:   Glad to see you here Alex. Since you mentioned gaming with you friends you might want to check this out http://www.customhobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.0

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 05:47:55 PM »

More peep's.  :icon_mrgreen:

Welcome amego's, nice to see you joined Balgin.  :icon_razz:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Reaperman

• Dragon Egg
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2007, 11:52:38 AM »

Hello, I'm Reaperman, i have a metal addiction.  Many of you will know me from else where, and some might even know me as Kev and Sally Whites lacky at Hasslefree Miniatures.  I'm looking forward to seeing lots of fun and new things from this newly born forum. 

Unleash the Beast

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2007, 01:33:27 PM »

Do you really have to unleash the beast?  :icon_sick:  :icon_silly: Oh the humanity!

@ Wristy - you're a post maniac - 95 posts already?! Maybe my lurking habit is hard to break  :lurking:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

Fabian look at the number of posts per day. There is one that really blows me away there.

TheDozingDragon

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2007, 02:30:18 PM »

Hi all,

I'm Dave - by day a mild mannered call centre team manager, by night a dad of 4 and manic lead addict. Collected since the later 70s when I discovered Hinchliffe miniatures........then found Minifigs just before an English shop imported some really expensive miniatures by a wierd named company called Ral Partha - these figures were 50p each - considering Minifigs were about 14p if I remember rightly that was a lot! Tom Meier (though I didn't know it at the time) had arrived! It was downhill from there. I later worked in GW retail (Manchester) during the later solid base days which was a gas (impoverished days - got a friend Tony a part time job there, he now sits at the top of Forge World although I haven't seen him for many years, probably Games Day back in 80s). Left there for a real job, held that for a year (during which I was kind of offered a 'lackey' job at Citadel in its infancy in Newark (by company secratary Diane?) - wish I'd taken it, musician lifestyle (pubs and clubs only) changed things and I went back to GW! Left there again after another year (I think, it's a long time ago) and spent the next 15 years trying to succeed in music.............oh well - if anyone wants a thousand rehearsal demos from some really cool rock/pop bands let me know.

I've now spent the last 5 years trying to collect all the minis I gave away/swapped/lost etc. Completely addicted to Dragontooth and Heritage John Carter / Lord of the Rings / Star Trek - so if anyone has any of those ranges to trade and is looking for Citadel stuff - let me know!

Dave

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »

Hello Dave
I had no access to figures till i started using the internet and i think i mad you for the missed years with the size of my unpainted lead pile.  :scared:
I now have piles of old figures from different companys and i haven't a clue what they are from, would take ages and fill up my Photobucket account if i snapped them all.  :icon_rolleyes:

Do you really have to unleash the beast?  :icon_sick:  :icon_silly: Oh the humanity!

@ Wristy - you're a post maniac - 95 posts already?! Maybe my lurking habit is hard to break  :lurking:

EDIT: And thats with using the modify to add to my posts instead of posting again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 04:41:49 PM by Wristaction »
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction