Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 08:47:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: RR OOC thread  (Read 35187 times)

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
RR OOC thread
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »

Ok, a few rules I'd like to enforce:

After time your armour and weapons will degrade (unless natural) and I will at some stages in the game make armour give you less protection, more armour check penalty, make weapons take damage or deal less damage etc. This makes things a bit more realistinc, meaning you can't overthrow an entire city with one suit of armour, it just won't last. I will tell you these things though so you can decide when it is better to swap out for new stuff.

You can only level up by compleating a mission and being in a safe environment, none of this you stand face to face with the mission boss and his minion. You kill the minion and grow a level, now the boss is screwed due to being 3 levels under par.

There will be non fighting exp given out from time to time, like if you solved a large puzzle to avoid a trap that would do some seriouse damage, or talk your way out of having to fight an NPC etc. Alternatively there could be ability boosts for amazing tasks, but these will be very very rare.

Please forgive my grammer and spelling in my block text, dislexia does that to me and I know I have that problem so please don't point it out.

I like creativity, and dislike the basic lets go in and kill the goblins in a room to loot their bodies. An alternative would be to get one of the party members to lure out the goblins by speaking their tongue so you can sneak attack them around a corner.

I will make all the rolls and post the results (just so you can check I added the right modifiers and aren't lieing) via invisiblecastle

Other things will be added to this list as I see fit, so watch out for that.

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
Re: RR OOC thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »

Yeah! Glad to see things are begining: I haven't been playing a RPG for month, and it's very cool!

Now I'll see how our story begins...

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:49:30 PM »

Another stupid question: wouldn't N'nyarok get extra attacks thanks to his combat reflexes feat?

Extra attacks of opportunity. Not extra attacks. And you may only make one per provocation.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »

The rules sound good to me. Does the armor and weapons degrading also apply to magical variants of said items?

Chrysalis

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 01:09:09 AM »

Another stupid question: wouldn't N'nyarok get extra attacks thanks to his combat reflexes feat?

Extra attacks of opportunity. Not extra attacks. And you may only make one per provocation.

Ok Balgin, thanks!

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:41:16 AM »

Great sounding rule Eyeolas :)
:hal:   

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 11:27:44 AM »

At CH: yes, just about everything you find will be magical, you are sixth level after all

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »

So does the imp own the lightning girl? Think about it for a moment :p. If she's struck a pact with a demon or devil (or maybe her ancestors did) then maybe the imp was present, hey, maybe he even drew up the contract or something. So you see, there's another opportunity for fun right there :).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:11:27 AM »

Good thought, normally, Balgin.  Except her warlock powers are a result of her celestial ancestry, rather than devilish pacts.  She is an Aasimar, remember, although she thinks of herself as human with a special ancestor. :)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:34:56 AM »

Good thought, normally, Balgin.  Except her warlock powers are a result of her celestial ancestry, rather than devilish pacts.  She is an Aasimar, remember, although she thinks of herself as human with a special ancestor. :)

Which is why Favoured Soul seems so appropriate. Because she's angelic she gets to raise skeletons and zombies, turn into a flock of bats and do other really nasty things? It just doesn't seem right somehow.

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »

Keeper hasn't chosen any of those powers - and maybe he won't in order to keep with the upper planar concept. She isn't a vampire.  :icon_scratch:

Such things can always be changed in description and flavour e.g. instead of summoning bats (for the sake of argument), Stormy summons a group of gleaming white falcons that attack her enemies. The rules can stay the same.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 10:49:48 AM »

Don't be silly, Balgin, she can't do either of those things.

Check her powers, she can blast, blast a long way, spider climb, boost her saves, detect magic, damage reduction 1 and deceive item.  Nothing more.  None of those things can be argued to be incompatible with this particular character.  Just because they are available to the class doesn't mean the have to be taken - that is the whole concept of creating a character to an idea, not just to min/max based on class rules.

And if you reason it through fully, her powers originate from one of her ancestors, not from the character herself.  In theory, there is no reason why a character with some celestial heritage couldn't be CE, or a character with some devilish heritage couldn't be LG.  I don't know about you, but I am certainly not the same man as my father, nor my grandfather, although of course, we are similar in many respects.  Stormy Titus isn't some kind of vampire wannabe, and never will be, just because those options are listed for her class in the rules.  In fact, she's a wizard wannabe, seeking answers to why she has these powers that others don't have.

@Fabian: I was thinking at one point of summon swarm with a swarm of gleaming white rats, but I threw away the concept in favour of the in-search-of-wizard idea :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:01:57 AM by keeper40k »

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

Is it too late for Prisoner Number Six, an assassin/monk to join in? Gnoll-boy seems to be allergic to  sharp, pointy metal...
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

eyeolas

• Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »

Uhh, ya, you can join so long as you have your sheet done and posted by the time this combat is over, as all of the cells will (hopefully) be opened by the gnoll and you'll start playing.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »

Is it too late for Prisoner Number Six, an assassin/monk to join in? Gnoll-boy seems to be allergic to  sharp, pointy metal...

What is that game with skills like

Swing Sharp Pointy Thing
Look Like a Stereotype

and other stuff like that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up