Custom Hobby Forum

• July 03, 2020, 12:33:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Inga WIP  (Read 2177 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Inga WIP
« on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »

Originaly featured in the evil sunlight thread, Inga's come a fair way since then. I'm particularly pleased with the shirt. I first base coated it with vermin brown then lookeed ast it and went "now what?" Well today I remembered that I've got some chestnut ink left over so I mixed a vermin brown/bleached bone highlight then inked it diwn with watered down chestnut ink.

This sculpt seems to favour inks and drybrushing over sublte highlights but I've tried to avoid both.

Now I just need to work out how to finish that cloak (and both to finish the boots, dagger and quiver of arrows).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Inga WIP
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:47 AM »

Looking nice so far! Keep going, Balgin! :)
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »

I like the colors you choose. Keep us posted!

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 09:36:50 AM »

I like the colors you choose. Keep us posted!

Speaking of colours, I really need to get hold of the Reaper olive skin triad. I've now got something in the line of 15-18 miniatures I want to use it on, if not more.

Also look at FOD. Those guys really know how to ignore a threead (and it's starting to piss me off).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »

Yeah, true.  But it isn't a FoD miniature, nor a finished mini from another manufacturer, so you're less likely to get a response.  To be honest, I don't think I'd have bothered with posting the WIP there, but left it until she is finished.

If you want some replies on that thread, why not follow up with a post asking if anyone has any experience of the Reaper olive skin triad?  I know you know you already want it, but you might spark a discussion! :)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »

I was hoping some king cnut* faced buzzard* might bother to suggest ways of finishing off that cloak.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 04:10:40 AM »

The way you phrased it, it sounds like you already knew what you wanted to do with the cloak. Ask again explicitly on FoD.

As for me, continue the highlighting of the fur on the inside - I'd suggest grey on the parts you've not done.  And for the back of the cloak, I'd just highlight up with a mix of the colour you've got and some Bleached Bone (or any similar off-white) until you're happy with the result.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:00:13 AM »

The way you phrased it, it sounds like you already knew what you wanted to do with the cloak. Ask again explicitly on FoD.

The outside of the cloak. Not the fur on the inside.