Custom Hobby Forum

• September 20, 2017, 04:20:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: For Love nor Money part 3: Preparing to leave Mittleresdorf  (Read 10384 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
For Love nor Money part 3: Preparing to leave Mittleresdorf
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »

The journey through the abandoned streets to Doktor Stern's house is quite unremarkable. A few hung over farmhands are slinking, late, to work. A few children play on a street corner while their mother packs the washing into a basket to take down to the river bank.

The physician's door has a small brass bell hanging beside it with a short length of knotted twine to act as a bell rope. When it is rung the door is answered relatively swiftly by the old sawbones himself. Herr Johannes Stern is a man past his middling years. His apron is caked in blood and he has a cheery yet officious manner. Point of interest, I know the empire's more germanic renaissance but in civil war england a surgeon always had  abloody apron. A doctor with a clean apron clearly hadn't done enough operations to get very good at it yet whereas one with a blood soaked apron had apparently garnered enough experience to know what he was doing and not get it wrong very often. It was even traditional for the surgeon to throw his apron on the floor and stamp on it before an operation to loosen it up enough for him to be able to move in it, so stiff with dried on blood had it become.

"Yes," he squints up at you, "what do you want?"

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: For Love nor Money part 3: Preparing to leave Mittleresdorf
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 06:10:48 AM »

"Herr Doktor.  We have lately come directly from Herr Dusterman. We're about to venture after his daughter and require some of the medicine Herr Dusterman is keen for her to have."
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 07:08:27 AM »

"Herr Doktor.  We have lately come directly from Herr Dusterman. We're about to venture after his daughter and require some of the medicine Herr Dusterman is keen for her to have."

Whoops, I forgot to mention that Herr Bediensteter gave the group two small flasks of the medicine and Herr Dusterman informed them of how often she needs to take it (every few hours). The wounded lad from last night should still be here 'though.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »

OK, please ignore my characters last comment ...

"Herr Doktor.  We were quite concerned about the lad who was injured in the bar fight last night and have come to see if we can find out how he is doing, or if there is anything we might do for him."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »

`That and a few questions concerning the disposition of forces  he faced while on errand for Herr dusterman, I will not tax the lad or casue you concern in my questions, but if there is something to learn that may help my colleges and i not end up in your care for want of caution, its best to have it.' kil says gruffly.
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:08:38 PM »

"Herr Docktor - could you please tell us the nature of this medicine"?

"I fear that this will not be enough to return someone sick back to safety. We might need to get some more".

"Then there is the issue that the disease may be contagious, and we need to take precautions".

Georgi waits for the doctor to answe.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 10:22:58 AM »

Herr Stern frowns, "it is not something I have proscribed. Herr Dusterman's manservant, Her Bediensteter, probably collects it from the apothacary, frau Dasha Malatova."

Turning his attention to Kilkirrie he informs him that "of course. He's resting so you may see him now but I really see no point. Do you remember that last night kind Herr Weiss the smith helped me carry him home? The smith was most helpful, asking all these kinds of questions to help keep the lad's mind from the pain. It made treatment of the wound much simpler. Mayhap you should be asking him?

"But," he continues, "if you wish to see the lad I am willing, 'though I ask that you do not exite him too much. The boy needs rest if he is to grow good and strong again."

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »

"I have no wish to crowd the lad.  Why don't you chaps who went to help last night go in and see him, and I'll wait here until you're done."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 12:50:13 AM »

Agreed, led on Herr docktor.
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

Georgi waits for the others to pass, then joins on behind.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

Herr Stern ushers Georgi and Killkirrie into a small room lit by candles in it;'s corners with meagre light spilling in from a small window high in the wall. On the neatly made up bed lies the wounded young man. His head has been bandaged and a bloody stain upon the sheets indicates that the wound in his leg has been dressed but bled a little. The sounds of people at the door have wakened him and, as the geusts enter his room, confusion fills his face briefly before he recognises those who assisted him the night before. Raising a hand in a feeble wave he manages an expression that's halfway between a grin and a grimace of pain.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:58:38 AM »

peace lad, were not here to tax ye, so lay back and rest,  we've more n a few questions for you, but first is there anythin yer needen?
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 05:43:15 PM »

Georgi starts to take out a flask to offer to the poor lad, the changes his mind when he remembers what's in it. ('Potato Mash Moonshine').  :icon_sick:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:14 PM »

The boy frowns for a few moments and then as boldly as he can, asserts that the only thing he needs is a good sword so he can see vengeance done to those foul bandits that slew his friends. He winces as he tries to sit up, the wound in his leg causing him pain, and Herr Stern somewhat forcibly helps him back into a reclining position.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »

"Now lad - you need to get your strength back first - otherwise they'll surely win. Now, what did those bandits look like, and did they have any unusual, distinguishing features"?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up