Custom Hobby Forum

• September 20, 2017, 04:21:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: For Love nor Money part 3: Preparing to leave Mittleresdorf  (Read 10385 times)

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: For Love nor Money part 3: Preparing to leave Mittleresdorf
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 05:55:11 AM »

Yon gets the story from the others as they join him again outside.

"I think that the local blacksmith would be a good place to start."
:hal:   

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 12:51:03 AM »

agreed.
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 05:39:13 AM »

Yon leads the party to find the blacksmiths, unless there are any objections.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »

Agreed

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 08:00:47 AM »

Upon arrival at Herr Weiss' smithy it is clear that not all is as it should be. There is no ring of hammer on anvil, no clatter of tools, no steady stream of smoke from the chimney.

What there is, however, is an open door and a sleepy looking young lad in a sooty apron lounging about outside.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »

Yon approaches the young lad.

"Good morning, young man.  Are you the local smith?  We were hoping to speak with him, but I was expecting to hear the familiar sounds of iron being worked as we approached."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 09:06:37 AM »

Kil siddles up as well but keps his mouth shut while Yon talks. (him bein the diplotatic one in the party  :icon_wink:)
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 01:17:57 PM »

"You look more of an apprentice than the blacksmith. Is your master around..."?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »

"Does he? I can never tell how old humans are, to be honest.  Are you asleep young man?"

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

The lad blinks at Yon, "I was, I was indeed, sleepin' that is. Are you come lookin' for the master? 'ave you seen him," he asks. "'e was 'ere las' night. Came in quite late, like."

With some encouragement from Yon and a roll of a 6 on a gossip (42% chance of success) the lad yields yet more information.

"Herr Weiss, he came back all agitated like, that is a word, right? I think I 'eard one of them posh folks in the rich houses say it so I asked someone what knows ter tell me wot it means an' everyfink. So anyway, Herr Weiss, he's like the smith, right, an' he lets me help out 'round the forge seein' as 'wo he ain't got no propper 'pprentice like. An' when I grow up I'm gonna be a great big blacksmith jus' like him an' I'll make so much money I can eat all the pies I like an' I'll have so much money I can buy a horse an' everything. Maybe even a pony. I likes ponies I do. An' that there pony, it'll be wot them fancy fokes call a wench mag net. Dunno wot one of them mag nets is 'though but wenches is got ter be good 'speshull if the pony makes lots of 'em for me to enjoy.

So anyway, right, whatever, he comes in all late an' stuff an' then he comes in, right, an'Anan' straight away he's started chuckin' stuff inna bag, like, yer know. Stuff, right, like 'e was goin' onna journey or summat.

I asked 'im where 'e was goin' and he jus' said shut up Todd. 'e's always sayin' that, shut up Todd, keep workin' the bellows Todd, don't poke the toad with the poker Todd.

"'e's no fun that's what he is. An' 'e don't go lettin' me 'ave none either. When I grow up I'm gonna 'ave a smithy jus' like this one an' I'll go makin' whatever I like. An' I'll make so much money I can eat all the pies an' buy a pony, mebbe even two of 'em if they're that good, an' they could pull carts full of metal ore for me to forge in my smithy an' all the girls ......"

I think you get the picture :p.

Apart from young Todd the smithy is completely unattended and contains various unfinished pieces of irnomongery (and many finished items too). Whilst he was sleepy when the group arrived the lad now seems quite animated (and confused). He probably doesn't know the relative values of half the stuff in the forge if anyone were to desire a purchase, and probably wouldn't put up much of a struggle if anyone just rgabbed something.

If any of you want to check if anything might be there just ask me. There's plenty of finished goods like cooking pots and stuff, maybe the odd helmet or two. Some items won't be there but feel free to ask, it is a shop/workshop afterall :).

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 12:30:11 AM »

Intresting, does the smith usually go on journeys? would you say?' kil says looking around for anything he may be able to use if the price were right.
What figure you Yon? check back at the inn? gosip as it is, thats the most likely place to check if were a mind to find out where he went. if not id say its time to outfit and go a hunting.
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »

Yon suggests to kil that we might want to go and have a chat with the local apothecary, to find out exactly what this medicine is that the girl is supposed to be taking, as this apprentice won't know anything. At least we'll be being paid to go after the girl, but we won't if we go after the smith.  Then I think we should head out into the woods.

After I've picked up a decent cooking pot - I lost my last one when we captured that blue-nosed orc bandit for a measly 50 crowns!

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 07:53:52 AM »

Gregor looks about too, for anything he could use - weapons, armour & such like.

Doubt if there's any 'quality' stuff heree, but you never know............  :icon_wink:

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 09:41:03 AM »

al right the local..... er .... what did you call it again? 'A pot to carry?' Kil chuckles a bit at that, and then nods in agreement.
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »

Any 'Full' sets of armour here?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up