Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 05:09:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: For love nor money part 2: Off to see Herr Dusterman in the morning  (Read 4149 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon

Sometime after dawn people rise (cursing the cock's crowing) and eventualy the group find their way downstairs in their own time. The ape like form of Herr Bedeinsteter leans against the bar, patiently waiting for them to order a hearty breakfast and gobble it down. Karl is hovering near the kitchen door, waiting to take orders while Anja is cleaning flagons from last night's hospitalities.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
Re: For love nor money part 2: Off to see Herr Dusterman in the morning
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »

Kil, before he goes down to breakfast, has a word with  Georgi, 'im not to smitten with this Bedeinsteter, if hes work thats fine, but i think after weve had our little chat with him, we should wander over to the Doc to see how our young man has managed. ive more than one question for him and that oaf  Bedeinsteter, if were to take hire.'
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:52:25 AM »

Yon will ask for a normal sized breakfast (that pie last night was mighty fine!) and he has a craving for water with it, today.
:hal:   

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:49 AM »

Georgi acknowleges Kil's remark - "Yep, reckon we'll wander over to the doc's & check on the young lad before we meet with Bedeinsteter, but not on an empty stomach"!

Gerorgi then looks around for the rest of the party & joins them in breafast

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »

Georgi acknowleges Kil's remark - "Yep, reckon we'll wander over to the doc's & check on the young lad before we meet with Bedeinsteter, but not on an empty stomach"!

Erm, you do realise Herr Bedeinsteter is standing in the room listenning to you and waiting right? Oh I can see trust being a bit of an issue later on.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »

ooc: actually i posted 'before kil goes down to breakfast.'
i assume were upstairs when its said, unless i missed something about the floor plan.

Kil nods. 'right then, eat, hear out Bedeinsteter and his boss, then go see the kid.'
Kil orders up a light but full breakfast and water to drink as well.
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 11:33:21 AM »

Georgi will listen to the Bedeinster's tale over breakfast, then head over to the doctor's,

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:23 PM »

Hi All

Balgin's off line for couple days as he gets his PC sorted.

Cheers
Paul H

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »

Kil goes with
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 12:32:21 AM »

Breakfast is ahearty affair of porridge (with raisins mixed in, when someone asks what these strange things are Karl explains that they're "dried grapes from Estalia), milk, bread and honey with a mug of ale to wash it all down with. When folk seem to be finishing their meals Herr Bedeinsteter looms, emerging from his previous lrukign state by the bar. He asks plainly if "you are all ready to visit Herr Dusterman's mansion now". Somehow it doesn't sound like a question.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 03:38:19 AM »

Yon will double check everyone has all of their kit together, just in case there isn't chance to come back here.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »

Georgi will nip back to his room to pick up his weapons & bags, then rejoin the party downstairs.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »

kil goes back upstairs and gets his gear as well, then lines up beside Georgi and heads out with the others.
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 11:12:28 AM »

Herr Bediensteter leads you all through the empty town, even more barren now many farmers have departed to till the soil. Eventualy you reach the noble district. The houses here are noticably well built but many are still empty. Your journey ends at a large mansion with a walled garden and high gates. The building itself must occupy some three thousand square feet and has an upper floor. It's leaded windows gaze coldly out at the surrounding grounds as you tread the gravel path up to the front door.

Inside the entrance hall opens up to the floor above with balconies overlooking it. You can almost suspect skulking servants are already spying from those darkened recesses. Doors to left and right lead off to separate areas while a large set of stairs ascends directly to the balcony above.

"Wait here," says Bertram. He then heads off through the door in the right hand wall to alert his master of your arrival.

Shortly he returns and ushers you all into a large study. This room runs the entire length of this side of the house. The room is well furnished 'though many of the tasteful decoration are showing signs of wear. Tilean and Estalian sculpture graces shelves beside vast book cases that line the walls and there are some embroidered tapestries. A fire burns in the grate, a chimney ascending to the upper floor, and thence the roof above.

Beside the fire stands an aristocratic looking fellow. This must be Herr Bela Dusterman ('though some might swear he bears a certain resemblance to a Tilean caleld Lugosi). Herr Dusterman is tall and commanding with shoulder length sleek black hair and a cold commanding countenance. "Greetings," he says, "welcome to my house."

He does not then comment that the howling wolves are his children and he loves the sound of them :p.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 11:25:22 AM »

"Herr Dusterman," Yon begins in his most reverential voice, "Herr Bediensteter has informed up that you have a matter of a personal and delicate nature that you wish carried out and he believes that we may be of assistance with."