Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 05:11:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: For love nor money part 2: Off to see Herr Dusterman in the morning  (Read 4150 times)

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
Re: For love nor money part 2: Off to see Herr Dusterman in the morning
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »

Georgi quietly looks over the room, noting anything of obvious value, checking to see anything indicating a military background.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 04:22:03 AM »

Kil waits silently, to hear the human out.
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 09:09:41 AM »

"Well now," says the nobleman, and as he speaks he seems to be making a conscious effort to control his composure. "I must thank you for coming to hear me out. Bertram mentioned that he thought you a competant bunch. I would not have sent those young boys to do men's work but the need was great. For you see, this is a rather delicate matter regarding my daughter. For some time now she has entertained romantic notions regarding a certain young fellow of disreputable character. Now she has eloped to be with him."

As he thinks of his daughter his calm facade begins to crumble and just a hint of a Middenheimer accent comes sneaking through his refined upper class tones. "I do believe she has run off to be with him, the poor girl. Now unfortunately this man is the leader of a group of outlaws, brignds, bandits. Call them what you will, they prey on travellers like a pack of mad wolves and she fancies herself his doxy. It is but a passing phase she'll readily grow out of but I fear the dangers that may beset her out there in the wilderness amongst such rough men.

"Additionaly she neglected to take her medicine with her when she left. Without it she will become weak and suffer horrendous pain as the disease eats away at her from the core. Please, I beg of you, return my beloved Julienne to me. If you were a father you'd know how I feel."

Composing himself he adds "I shall pay each of you twenty gold crowns for merely coming to see me - so desparate is my plight. And I shall pay one hundred gold crowns for the return of my beloved daughter."

Georgi notices that the weapons on the wall are well made and, whilst they're not flimsy display pieces, have never seen a day's use.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 03:30:20 PM »

Georgi asks:
"What sort of medicine does she take, and how often must she take it"?

"Your gold is most welcome, but can you tell us more of these bandits, and why the local guards aren't already dealing with them"?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 04:48:11 AM »

"So that we can more readily see a way of returning your daughter to you." Yon quickly adds.
:hal:   

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 05:41:37 AM »

Hi

Balgin's off line for few days while he gets his PC fixed.

Cheers
Paul H

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2008, 12:50:47 PM »

Herr Dusterman does his best to assure you all that the medicine is for a childhood illness his daughter has suffered from for many years now. Herr Bediensteter nods in silent agreement, encouraging belief, and after discussing terms a little longer the group head off to the home of Herr Stern, the surgeon.

New thread here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:58:39 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »