Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 05:07:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: For love nor money part 1: Arrival in Mittleresdorf  (Read 8915 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: For love nor money part 1: Arrival in Mittleresdorf
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:31 AM »

Karl chuckles "no mate, they just got greedy and built too many houses, hoping to lure the rich and wealthy with promises of a new town. It never worked out."

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »

Hi

Georgi will help the doctor get the lad home. On the way he'll gently/quietly ask a few questions to find out what happened.
(The lad's in no state to be bombarded with questions - the doctor probably wouldn't allow it anyway).

Georgi will take his time to get any information he can. (What the mission was - what happened - where the bodies are, etc).

When the lad's safely home & being fussed over by his family & the doctor, Georgi will speak aside to the lad's father before returning to the inn.

Cheers
Paul H

Edit: Georgi will help the lad to the doctor's house. There he'll help make the lad comfortable & get any information about the mission & attack he can.
(Balgin posted the lad's going to the Doctor's house).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 03:03:54 PM by PaulH »

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 11:12:55 AM »

"So, there are dozens of houses here that are just lying empty?"
:hal:   

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:58 PM »

Kil, will excuse himself from Grod for a bit explaining that he will walk the boy to his destination as well making sure nothing else happens to him till the doctor fixes him up right and proper.
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 10:26:57 AM »

Karl Kettlebrew simply nods to Yon's question as he heads back for the kitchen. Georgi and Kilkirrie attempt to question the fallen lad but the doctor refuses to let him be spoken to "'till he's been sewn up".

Ned Weiss (the blacksmith) and a local townsman leave the innin order to bear the wounded man back to the doctor's house. Georgi and Kilkirrie offer to help but the doctor fusses and fidgets but eventualy allows them to help carry the lad. Once outside they see a crowd gathering, exited and confused by the sounds of blades clashing within the finest inn in town. As they bar the lad away gossip's tongues start a wagging and there'll be at least half a hundred different versions of this evening's events by nightfall.

Back inside the inn the well dressed man, large sword once again sheathed at his side, walks with determination over to the table where Yon and Hargrin still sit. He is a somewhat brutish looking man. By his fine clothes, large sword and bulky form it is easy to deduce he is not his own master.

"My appologies for that," he says with a curt nod of the head that barely compensates for the lack of a bow, "it's hardly good manners to shed blood before newcomers, especialy on their first evening in town. However, from the look of you and your companions," he indicates the dor with a jerk of the head, "there's at least three hardy folk among you that are no strangers to violence. From what that fellow said it would appear that my master must now seek new assistance with a rather delicate and personal matter. You might just be the men for the job.

Sitting down in an empty chair and placing his mug on the table before him he introduces himself simply, "my name is Herr Bertram Bedeinsteter and I am servant to Herr Bela Dusterman. Perhaps you've heard of him?" He waits for a moment, realises you haven't, and continues. "Herr Dusterman requires your assistance with a rather delicate matter. Herr Dustermann is willing to pay twenty gold crowns if you are willing to come to his mansion tomorrow and discuss the matter. A further sum of one hundred gold crowns shall be payed unto you, should you succeed in this endeavour." Rising he states that "I shall be by in the morning for your answer" and with that he too departs.

Georgi and Kilkirrie have effectively moved to a new thread that won't be opened yet.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »

"Sounds like it is at least worth investigating to me." Yon says to Hargrin. "Lets see what anyone here knows about Herr Dustermann."

Yon goes to the bar, to ask Anja who this Herr Dustermann is who seems to be at the root of a lot of the fuss they've seen today.
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »

While Karl is finishing the food Anja informs Yon that Herr Dusterman is a noble from out of town. He settled down here about a year ago, maybe a year and a half. He's quite a respectable fellow but a bit private.

Kilkirrie and Georgi help carry the injured boy to Herr Stern's house where he turns them back at the door. He's an old man and somewhat set in his ways. He insists that he doesn't want anyone interfering as his surgical skills are required and he does not want to be disturbed or he won't be held responsible for the circumstances. Herr Weiss is insistent and has cheerily supported the lad on the way back. Eventualy the doctor agrees to let him in to help keep the lad's mind off the pain. When Georgi asks why Kilkirrie and himself aren't allowed the same priveledge, Herr Stern politely reminds them that they're newcomers in town and shoos them away before closing the door. Herr Weiss the blacksmith reminds them that they've got a hearty supper waiting at The Merry Halfling for them to return to and they do so withoutdelay.

Upon their arrival they find Yon and Hargrin tucking into some truly fine fare. The food is positively sumptuous and certainly worth the honest price they paid for it. I'll tot up money for the evening in a bit and then we can hopefuly move on to a new thread in the morning.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:23:01 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »

before he leaves the doctor Kil looks sternly at him and says 'keep him breathing, his bisness tonight well may be ours before long and i'll be wanting a few questions answered if it is.' with that he nods and heads off, thinking that the sawbones will fallow the kid in short order if anything happens to him.
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »

Georgi will keep an eye out for the lad's assailant, whilst enjoyeing the inn's hospitality.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2008, 02:34:19 PM »

Eventualy the group retire for the night and rise fresh in the morning in their own good time.

New thread here.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:31:59 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up