Custom Hobby Forum

  • October 27, 2021, 08:32:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Mission 3: pluming duties  (Read 7019 times)

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Mission 3: pluming duties
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:58:23 AM »

After returning victorious from your last excersion, you take a well earned break for the rest of the day, and get a good nights sleep in. The morning brings a rainy day. Stormy goes to eat breackfast, followed by Sithrak for company when, whilst walking in the halls, Torn appears and starts talking to you. "Good I found you, you'v got another mission. Follow me." He leads you to the dining area where several other people have gathered. You find an unocupied table and sit down. "Overnight the water supply was shut off. This water shortage affects the whole eastern part of the city. Now, we'd like to think it wasn't the Barron, but knowing him, he wouldn't care if the lives of many are interupted to give us some greif. We need you two to go into the sewers and find the eastern control room and turn the valve back on"
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 09:59:17 AM »

Sithrak smiles as he looks at Stormy "from acid to sewers, this is just what ever lady seretly wishes for." He winks at Stormy before turning his attention to Torn "Is turning the water back on our only objective? Also any luck finiding a small crossbow? I found some money during our test mission so I would gladly pay if it will help."

"Torn is there a map of the sewers or any other information you can give us?
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »

"There have been some sightings of some knalrly looking dragons down there, so it may be in your interest to protect yourselves if push comes to shove, but no,just get the water going. Sorry, no. I'll keep you posted though."

he turnes his attention to Stormy "well, sort of. Generally we only ever use the sewers for relatively safe transport. There is a group going out a similar way as you to investigate, so they'll  lead you as far as any of us could, and will be able to point you i the right direction."

With that he walks over to another table and pokes on a guy's shoulder. He talks to him, pointing at you two once and recieves a nod. He comes back to talk to you. "You have an escourt."
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »

Sounds fine to me. I am ready to leave."

Sithrak adjusts his pack and small pouches "More dragon's huh? Maybe this time I won't kill one." He looks over to
their escort "...and you are?" Sithrak fies over and lands on Stomy's shoulder I'm ready too. He uses his detect good to see what kind of people he is surrounded by.
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

"He's a bit of a shady character, and has a bit of an anger issue, but he's bloody good" Torn whispers to you before he walks up behind him.

"Well well, what d'we have 'ere. The name's Jynx. (he offers a hand inbetween you two) "You guys don't look like you could fight, how'd two beetnicks like you make it past initiation?"

Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »

Sithrak sits on Stomy's Shoulder "Killing a dragon usually helps with things like that."

Stormy shakes his hand "Are you ready to head off?"
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:27:59 PM »

"Should be soon enough dollface. Meet us outside in the courtyard in 'bout ten minutes" With that he turns abruptly and sits back down.

You finish eating, gether yourselves and wait outside for around 20 minutes when finally Jynx arrives, followed by two other people (see bellow). "Well, should we get going?" He takes you a fammiliar route and down into the tunnels. You walk for about 5 minutes in compleate silence around 5 meters behind the other three (whispering occasionally to yourselves) untill you find a metal doorway. "This is your stop." Jynx sais pointing to the door, but without looking back, only slowing down enough to open the door as he walks past it. You stand perplexed at his lack of interest by the door, but soon shake it off and look through the door. You see a large, mostly metalic area with pipes everywhere, and a large river of smelling slime flowing from right to left, which runs parallel to the two paths to your left and right. There is also a set of steps ten meters to the right path which takes you to a hanging walkway.

This mission will involve a bit of logic and finding, so there is a large chance you'll go wrong, so don't be afraid to say when you think you've gone wrong and that you want to go back
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 02:11:00 PM by eyeolas »
Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »

Sithrak turns invisible I'll be about 20 feet in front of you. So left or right?

I guess right, if not we can double back

They both head down the right path. Sithrak periodically uses his detect magic and detect good along the way (ignoring results for himself or Stormy).


OOC: Will there be a map?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 02:18:03 PM by Custom_Hobby »
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »

it's a prety bad map, but it suffices. It will be added to as you explore, and at current it only shows the first floor, but you can see that the hanging walkway just follows the path of the stream

Logged

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »

Sithrak turns invisible I'll be about 20 feet in front of you. So left or right?

I guess right, if not we can double back

They both head down the right path. Sithrak periodically uses his detect magic and detect good along the way (ignoring results for himself or Stormy).

OOC: Ok cool. So what about that?
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 04:43:13 AM »

OOC: Yep. We want to go right ;)
Logged
:hal:   

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »

Sorry, missed that

you walk on and find yourself at a T junction. You can see three doors from there, two over a bridge on the other side of the river, and one further down your current path.
Logged

Keeper

  • Administrator
  • Old Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2607
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 07:07:35 AM »

Stormy moves to the door she can see just ahead, past the T-junction on this side of the river of filth.

I think we should try this one first she thinks at Sithrak.

Eyeloas.  Can you describe this door, please?
Logged
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

  • Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8644
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »

Sithrak flies over to the door I'll check the door Sithrak checks the door for traps. He also uses his detect magic.
Logged

eyeolas

  • Moderator
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 541
Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »

nothing magical appears and no traps are found.

The door is a fairly light metal, about 7 feet tall with a handel sudjesting it's pulled open. The hinjes also sudjest this
Logged