Custom Hobby Forum

D&D, d20 and other RPG's => Reclaiming Ralgron => Topic started by: eyeolas on July 06, 2008, 06:58:23 AM

Title: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 06, 2008, 06:58:23 AM
After returning victorious from your last excersion, you take a well earned break for the rest of the day, and get a good nights sleep in. The morning brings a rainy day. Stormy goes to eat breackfast, followed by Sithrak for company when, whilst walking in the halls, Torn appears and starts talking to you. "Good I found you, you'v got another mission. Follow me." He leads you to the dining area where several other people have gathered. You find an unocupied table and sit down. "Overnight the water supply was shut off. This water shortage affects the whole eastern part of the city. Now, we'd like to think it wasn't the Barron, but knowing him, he wouldn't care if the lives of many are interupted to give us some greif. We need you two to go into the sewers and find the eastern control room and turn the valve back on"
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 06, 2008, 09:59:17 AM
Sithrak smiles as he looks at Stormy "from acid to sewers, this is just what ever lady seretly wishes for." He winks at Stormy before turning his attention to Torn "Is turning the water back on our only objective? Also any luck finiding a small crossbow? I found some money during our test mission so I would gladly pay if it will help."

"Torn is there a map of the sewers or any other information you can give us?
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 06, 2008, 12:25:58 PM
"There have been some sightings of some knalrly looking dragons down there, so it may be in your interest to protect yourselves if push comes to shove, but no,just get the water going. Sorry, no. I'll keep you posted though."

he turnes his attention to Stormy "well, sort of. Generally we only ever use the sewers for relatively safe transport. There is a group going out a similar way as you to investigate, so they'll  lead you as far as any of us could, and will be able to point you i the right direction."

With that he walks over to another table and pokes on a guy's shoulder. He talks to him, pointing at you two once and recieves a nod. He comes back to talk to you. "You have an escourt."
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 06, 2008, 03:51:31 PM
Sounds fine to me. I am ready to leave."

Sithrak adjusts his pack and small pouches "More dragon's huh? Maybe this time I won't kill one." He looks over to
their escort "...and you are?" Sithrak fies over and lands on Stomy's shoulder I'm ready too. He uses his detect good to see what kind of people he is surrounded by.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 08, 2008, 11:39:17 AM
"He's a bit of a shady character, and has a bit of an anger issue, but he's bloody good" Torn whispers to you before he walks up behind him.

"Well well, what d'we have 'ere. The name's Jynx. (he offers a hand inbetween you two) "You guys don't look like you could fight, how'd two beetnicks like you make it past initiation?"

Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 08, 2008, 11:42:18 AM
Sithrak sits on Stomy's Shoulder "Killing a dragon usually helps with things like that."

Stormy shakes his hand "Are you ready to head off?"
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 09, 2008, 04:27:59 PM
"Should be soon enough dollface. Meet us outside in the courtyard in 'bout ten minutes" With that he turns abruptly and sits back down.

You finish eating, gether yourselves and wait outside for around 20 minutes when finally Jynx arrives, followed by two other people (see bellow). "Well, should we get going?" He takes you a fammiliar route and down into the tunnels. You walk for about 5 minutes in compleate silence around 5 meters behind the other three (whispering occasionally to yourselves) untill you find a metal doorway. "This is your stop." Jynx sais pointing to the door, but without looking back, only slowing down enough to open the door as he walks past it. You stand perplexed at his lack of interest by the door, but soon shake it off and look through the door. You see a large, mostly metalic area with pipes everywhere, and a large river of smelling slime flowing from right to left, which runs parallel to the two paths to your left and right. There is also a set of steps ten meters to the right path which takes you to a hanging walkway.

This mission will involve a bit of logic and finding, so there is a large chance you'll go wrong, so don't be afraid to say when you think you've gone wrong and that you want to go back
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 10, 2008, 01:04:16 AM
Sithrak turns invisible I'll be about 20 feet in front of you. So left or right?

I guess right, if not we can double back

They both head down the right path. Sithrak periodically uses his detect magic and detect good along the way (ignoring results for himself or Stormy).


OOC: Will there be a map?
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 30, 2008, 02:10:18 PM
it's a prety bad map, but it suffices. It will be added to as you explore, and at current it only shows the first floor, but you can see that the hanging walkway just follows the path of the stream

Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 30, 2008, 02:18:58 PM
Sithrak turns invisible I'll be about 20 feet in front of you. So left or right?

I guess right, if not we can double back

They both head down the right path. Sithrak periodically uses his detect magic and detect good along the way (ignoring results for himself or Stormy).

OOC: Ok cool. So what about that?
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on July 31, 2008, 04:43:13 AM
OOC: Yep. We want to go right ;)
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on July 31, 2008, 06:50:14 AM
Sorry, missed that

you walk on and find yourself at a T junction. You can see three doors from there, two over a bridge on the other side of the river, and one further down your current path.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on July 31, 2008, 07:07:35 AM
Stormy moves to the door she can see just ahead, past the T-junction on this side of the river of filth.

I think we should try this one first she thinks at Sithrak.

Eyeloas.  Can you describe this door, please?
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 01, 2008, 05:53:26 PM
Sithrak flies over to the door I'll check the door Sithrak checks the door for traps. He also uses his detect magic.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on August 02, 2008, 09:49:23 AM
nothing magical appears and no traps are found.

The door is a fairly light metal, about 7 feet tall with a handel sudjesting it's pulled open. The hinjes also sudjest this
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 02, 2008, 10:11:34 AM
Sithrak opens the door and looks in
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on August 03, 2008, 03:39:59 PM
The door opens to show a small utility room with stuff common to a general ganitor and safety equiptment. The main thing that takes your interest is a long peice of rope, you'd estimate at 30 ft long.

There is also a fire blanket, but I dunno if you would find that usefull, and it would be prety heavy. The rest of the stuff is prety useless unless you want to help to community by mopping the streets :P
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 03, 2008, 04:44:08 PM
Sithrak moves out of the room and looks around. He uses his detect good to see if he can pick up on anyone or thing around. He continues down the path to the right.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on August 04, 2008, 05:16:06 AM
Stormy picks up the rope, putting the coiled rope over her shoulder, like a climber, and then follows Sithrak.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 04, 2008, 08:01:42 AM
Sithrak is visable. He continues to scout ahead.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on August 04, 2008, 10:05:00 AM
By ahead do you mean further to the right or the other two doors?
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 04, 2008, 10:27:32 AM
DId I miss something on the map? If there are more doors then I will check the doors
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on August 04, 2008, 12:06:13 PM
Sithrak, what about these two doors just over the bridge here, Stormy thinks at Sithrak.

There are two door over the bridge indicated on the map, Mike :)  Stormy goes to the left-hand one, as we see it on the map.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 04, 2008, 01:18:23 PM
Eh I have been blind for a few days it seems, lol.  

On my way there now
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on August 05, 2008, 07:34:16 AM
Ya, sorry, that probably could have been clearer

You see a familiar door infront and behind you. You open the door to the left to reveal aquite large room, festooned with magical equiptment that looks like a room where readings would be taken. Inside is also arather large ganitor type man sitting at the screen of one of the 'computers' Imagine the really old style computers that where around when they where first made. He continues watching the screen, not threatened by your presence (or unaware who you are).

Your characters would have never seen anything this advanced before, and there is a reason in the story line that there is technology much more advanced than there should be in the time line
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on August 05, 2008, 07:46:09 AM
Sithrak: I'll back away quietly back over the bridge.  Go invisible and see if you can figure out what all this magic stuff is.   Or, if this slob happens to pass away at some point, let me know and I'll come back and have a look.

Stormy slowly and quietly backs out of the room and back over the bridge, spear and Eldrich Blast held ready.

Don't worry about telling us why technology is there OOC - that is something we have to figure out, right? :)
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: eyeolas on August 05, 2008, 01:59:29 PM
Ya, it's probably the most major part of the story line :P

the guard seems to ignore you still, even though your attempt at creping fails somewhat. He most likely presumes your a co-worker.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Keeper on August 29, 2008, 07:40:32 AM
Sithrak looks around the room, using his Detect Magic to see what he can understand, leaving the scruffy-looking mage alone for the time being, then he will report back to Stormy on what he has seen.
Title: Re: Mission 3: pluming duties
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 17, 2009, 10:02:53 AM
So what does Sithrak find?