News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

My first painted Rackham mini ever

Started by Balgin Stondraeg, April 23, 2007, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Evil

*This is my taste only*
I would have went for bronze on the metal strip on the hammer head to break up the hammer a bit, maybe even the two end's of the hammer head too.



Very good work, you can see that you spent some time doing it.

Just need to get you to start doing more on the base's.  :icon_wink:
Small bush, long grass, rock's and such, just to give it a bit of a personal look to it.  :icon_razz:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: Wristaction on May 01, 2007, 04:47:16 PM
I would have went for bronze on the metal strip on the hammer head to break up the hammer a bit

I considered that.

Quotemaybe even the two end's of the hammer head too.

Considered that too. Then I decided to paint them as plain metal, see how it looked and then make a decision as to wether I wanted to paint bronze over it or not. Then I decided that bronze is a softer metal and wouldn't be good for the striking heads and that it'd look a bit cack in the middle on it's own (so more of an all or nothing decision).

And as she had to go in my carry case the next day I varnished her to give me some time to make up my mind.