News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

Village Blacksmith step by step

Started by Theomar Pius, September 15, 2007, 02:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theomar Pius

Quote from: dargrin on October 02, 2007, 02:35:14 PM
Education needed. What is Styrene?

Quote from: Theomar Pius on October 02, 2007, 02:55:26 AM
This one has 624 individual shingles, cut from a sheet of styrene. The top piece is a bit of l-shaped strip styrene.

A sheet of very thin plastic. In my case, I use for sale signs from the hardware store, rather than hobby styrene from the hobby shop.

dargrin

Thanks.  I was just checking where one get such things around here.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Theomar Pius



1st pic: the horizontal wood work, finished.
2nd and 3rd pic: a bit of the vertical woodwork is done, as well as the stone foundation. Normally I would do all of the vertical, and the supporting woodwork before moving on, but I have to do the pavilion before I can move on, so that's next.

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Theomar Pius

Here is the pavilion/ workshop half of the piece. Well, the rough skeleton of it at least. Two sides will be closed in with timbers, and the front half closed. Because the door to hte upstairs is under the roof, along with the stairs, the roof had to be quite high. Too bad because it is probably too high to be in scale, that's why I'll close in the top of the open side. Bet anyways, I'll live with it, it'll be different at least. Alot of details will be built and never seen under there.


Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Theomar Pius on October 05, 2007, 12:36:10 AM
Alot of details will be built and never seen under there.

I've been there quite a few times
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

geronimo

Quote from: Theomar Pius on October 02, 2007, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: dargrin on October 02, 2007, 02:35:14 PM
Education needed. What is Styrene?

Quote from: Theomar Pius on October 02, 2007, 02:55:26 AM
This one has 624 individual shingles, cut from a sheet of styrene. The top piece is a bit of l-shaped strip styrene.

A sheet of very thin plastic. In my case, I use for sale signs from the hardware store, rather than hobby styrene from the hobby shop.

AKA plasticard...
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle

they make "for sale signs" from a very thin corrugated sandwich of plastic here...

still good for lightweight modelling, if well braced

geronimo

Quote from: Bungle on October 05, 2007, 01:54:38 PM
they make "for sale signs" from a very thin corrugated sandwich of plastic here...

still good for lightweight modelling, if well braced

AKA "corriflute".

Don't get me started on names and pseudonyms of plastics products  :icon_eek:

and
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on October 05, 2007, 01:52:43 PM
I said that already :icon_wink:

:P Must've missed that one!
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Custom_Hobby

Theomar did you get that PM I sent you?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Theomar Pius

If you get hte corrugated stuff, you can open it, and use it to make planted rows for crops. :icon_cool:

Mike, I'm still crunching the numbers. Paying for a hotel, food, and gas for the the trip is a lot to consider when you have zero money coming in. :icon_tears:

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Theomar Pius on October 05, 2007, 03:28:17 PM
Mike, I'm still crunching the numbers. Paying for a hotel, food, and gas for the the trip is a lot to consider when you have zero money coming in. :icon_tears:

I just sent you another PM regarding the con
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Theomar Pius

I've gotten quite a bit done over the last couple of days.

1st pic is the staircase and landing for the apartment section of the building.
2nd and 3rd pics are of the work area, after being covered by plank siding.
4th pic is what it will be like after attached, with forge in place. Figure is there for scale.

Next will be painting the pavilion and finishing the timbers on the building.


Custom_Hobby

Those are nice embellishments you added
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com