News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Shieldmaiden 2 of 3

Started by dargrin, August 06, 2007, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dargrin

Here is number 2.  This weekend came and went too fast.

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Perv

looks good again mate, nicely matching.  I like the shield especially  :clap2:

geronimo

Yup, nice consistency with the previous mini. Grats!
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

gi6ers

good stufff, the gold is very effective, not so sure about the metal on the hammer.

Dr.Evil

Very well done there, i like this sculpt better than the other one.

Quote from: gi6ers on August 06, 2007, 03:13:51 PM
good stuff, the gold is very effective, not so sure about the metal on the hammer.

Think it needs a bit more highlighting.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Custom_Hobby

It makes the hammer look more like stone. I like her, and it is amazing how consistent they are.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Keeper

Great :)  At least as good as number one, if not a little better for me :D

Is that the Alternative Armies symbol on her sheild, or just a co-incidence?
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: keeper40k on August 07, 2007, 05:21:03 AM
Is that the Alternative Armies symbol on her sheild, or just a co-incidence?

I don't think so. Reaper put Tyr's rune all over their Warlord dwarfs (shields, shoulder plates, helmets etc, even some knee and elbow plates too).

Inso

Nicely painted but although the gold looks great, I don't think the other metals look at all like metal (just highlighted grey).  The rest is nice but I would personally go with brighter metals.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Custom_Hobby

How did you make the gold look so good?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

dargrin

#10
Quote from: Inso on August 13, 2007, 02:24:23 PM
Nicely painted but although the gold looks great, I don't think the other metals look at all like metal (just highlighted grey).  The rest is nice but I would personally go with brighter metals.

This is something I have been working on.  I admit whole hardedly that it needs work.  Do you happen to do NMM?  If so what colors do you use?

Edit: Removed double post :icon_wink:

Quote from: Custom_Hobby on August 13, 2007, 03:08:36 PM
How did you make the gold look so good?

Thanks.

I have been messing around a bit with this.  I don't have the bottles in front of me because I left them at work.  (Had to leave in a rush)  But this GNMM is something I accedently stubbled on a while back.  All of them are done with Reaper Master series paints.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Dr.Evil

I have had people saying my NMM is good but I don't paint NMM.  :icon_scratch:

I'm still sorting out my metals and once I'm happy with them then i will give NMM a go.  :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Inso

Sorry Dargrin, I'm nowhere near NMM level painting so I wouldn't know where to begin trying to impart expert advice  :icon_scratch:.

I have always been a 'good tabletop' standard painter and that's where I'll stay (I paint armies not masterpieces  :icon_wink:).

I know that there are plenty of guides out there (there may even be one on the Forum of Doom).
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

dargrin

Just because I like beating a dead horse, this is the look I was shooting for but it didn't work out that way

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Inso

The blade on that marine is nicely done but I don't think the armour or the 'gold' trim look like NMM. 

I have seen MUCH better examples before (the best being a Juggernaut of Khorne on Bolter and Chainsword...it won a Slayer Sword as well and would have wiped the floor with this marine).

It goes to show that a lot of NMM is purely subjective.  I reckon there are people who would look at that marine and say that it looked metallic...I wouldn't  :icon_wink:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/