Custom Hobby Forum

• November 26, 2020, 10:44:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: The Anti-Rant Thread  (Read 29163 times)

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Re: The Anti-Rant Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2007, 02:37:59 PM »

Just curious: how much work does the £250 sculpting commision require? Is it one figure or several? 28 mm? 54? what? (of course without going into ANY details as to exactly what it is and for who)
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2007, 04:28:26 PM »

I've just ordered some of the new HF minis, some Enigma stuff (dwarf again), Masquerade minis (yeti), and gamezone (chaos). Plus I have a mental health selfish day booked for friday.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2007, 04:22:55 AM »

Plus I have a mental health selfish day booked for friday.

Sounds like fun

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2007, 06:08:53 AM »

A bit delayed because I was on holiday last week, but the weekend before last I went to Wembley to see the Miami Dolphins play the New York Giants.  My first regular season NFL game - it was excellent :)  Not the most exciting game ever, but great to see the two teams play!

:blob10:  Yay!  :blob10:

:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2007, 08:27:52 AM »

I'm glad you liked it Keeper. GO Big Blue!!!! My giants won the game! I think they were still jet lagged because they did look a little off.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2007, 09:35:57 AM »

Not as bad as the Dolphins were when their defence all moved to the left side of the endzone leaving the way clear for Manning to run it home!

Still, the near-on 50 yard offensive drive by the Miami defence as the Giants made foul play after foul play made up for it and it was nearly as amusing as the streaker who invaded the field at the start of the 3rd before the kick-off :)

No-one got as big a cheers as the Dolphins cheerleaders, though, all game :)  You Giants really need to do something about that! :D

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2007, 09:47:58 PM »

Not as bad as the Dolphins were when their defence all moved to the left side of the endzone leaving the way clear for Manning to run it home!

It surprised me that it was THAT easy for him.

Still, the near-on 50 yard offensive drive by the Miami defence as the Giants made foul play after foul play made up for it and it was nearly as amusing as the streaker who invaded the field at the start of the 3rd before the kick-off :)

Yeah I was watching it but they just showed the players reactions. They try not to encourage it in the NFL (also called the No Fun League by some).

No-one got as big a cheers as the Dolphins cheerleaders, though, all game :)  You Giants really need to do something about that! :D

It was their 'home' game so they got the privilege of bringing them.

Baldemyr

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »

Over the past 4 months...ive had a slew of computer problems-a boatload...a cornucopiea of dumb(I think thats spelled correctly).

I finally got it all behind me. My PC is finally COMPLETELY functional and everything is good.  Thats my anti rant :D .  I now have a good graphics card and 500 gigs more of HD space for scanned art (i was down to no room on my old drive)

However-2 points so people can avoid the same garbage.

1) a  *800 card isnt worth it.  A 6800, a 7800, a 8800 Nvidia card will cause you nothing but heartaches-even if it works.  It requires more power, sounds like a leafblower and is actually a strain due to weight on the motherboard(Mine now works but still)

2) SATA drives might sound cool.....but there are still problems with them.  In my case it decided to screw up my BIOS and randomly remove IDE drives depending on its mood.  Even the bios entries for my IDE drives looked corrupted with bizarro characters and the like.  I finally "fixed" my computer by resetting bios with drive in and then upgrading it.  This was brutal. 

The problem is-point 2 looks the same as a power issue with point 1 since the DOS portion of your bootup is all fine.  Often if an 8800 GTS does not get enough power, it gets to Windows and the monitor goes black.

An even greater anti-rant will be my next PC...which will definately be an Alienware and not a "Andrew patching it together with tape while screaming at his ancestors" machine-which this one was.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »

An even greater anti-rant will be my next PC...which will definately be an Alienware and not a "Andrew patching it together with tape while screaming at his ancestors" machine-which this one was.

Alienware are nice :)  Their HQ is only a couple of blocks from the partner company I am working with at the moment, adjacent to Tamiami airport, FL.

Alienware says yes :) Wife says no :(

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

What I wouldn't give for a PC that would run NWN and Morrowind. My old one used to and that had a lower spec! BUt this one has been crashed, burned, salvaged and bodged together by myself and an 'engineer' I've had 2 hard drive losses in the last few years so I really should back up my data.

Incidentally, I'm moving to Richmond in North Yorkshire on Sunday. Is that near you, Dave?
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2008, 05:33:40 AM »

About an hour and a half's drive up the motorway for me - I live on the North side of Sheffield in South Yorkshire.

But not so far we couldn't arrange something, I'm sure, Chris :D

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2008, 08:31:03 AM »

I AINT DEAD YET!!!  :icon_w00t:

(allways a good standing reason for an anti-rant  :icon_wink:)
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »

:yeahthat: That is a great reason! I have another: I have been blessed with two beautiful, smart, healthy children (10 and 6 for those who want to know).

The Giants (NFL) won the first playoff game last weekend! This weekend we come up against our archrivals the Cowboys :icon_twisted:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »

:yeahthat: That is a great reason! I have another: I have been blessed with two beautiful, smart, healthy children (10 and 6 for those who want to know).

The Giants (NFL) won the first playoff game last weekend! This weekend we come up against our archrivals the Cowboys :icon_twisted:

My baby girl is now sitting up on her own and feeding herself (for the most part!)  What a difference that makes!

You might be facing the Cowboys, but Tom Terrific will be beating the Jaguars ;)

Gotta say, though Eli has stepped up his game.  Playing us must have done him some good!  He held it together and started throwing those short balls that he was avoiding at the start of the season.  Once he started doing that, TB's D-plan seemed to completely fall apart.

Looking forward to seeing you in Arizona :)  I think the G-men have every chance to get there this year :D

My own anti-rant: I got a GW paintstation for Christmas from GuhFloyd (yay!) and I assembled it last night and started using it.  It is so much better than I thought it was going to be!

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

My blessings are three  :icon_mrgreen:
The daughter is 12 the two boys are 8 and 3.
My daughter is a wonderful social genious nonconformist (that is she knows and reads all social rules perfectly yet chooses to completely go her own way.) I've never met anyone that age who is so completely full of integrity and a will to go the way SHE chooses, not the one her friends want her to choose, yet not being in anyway an outsider. She amazes me every day (and her teachers, they're constantly baffled by her independent mind and keep telling us almost every week)
Funny thing is her eight year old brother finds social codes extremely difficult to understand. To the point of having had tests made for Aspbergers, autism or something similar. Problems weren't grave enough to warrant any form of diagnosis though. But he's the one with the highest IQ (logical intelligence) of the lot (they measured it during all those tests and apparently got exceptional results)
Our three year old is just extremely positive about everything and the world.

Well, enough fatherly bragging (for now) :icon_wink:
Immanuel Kant.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up