Custom Hobby Forum

• October 27, 2021, 07:13:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: July 09 releases  (Read 3592 times)

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
July 09 releases
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:02:49 PM »

Okay, here's another randomly assigned bits n' bobs fresh from the (already too small!) new workshop, all of which should be in the eBay shop by about the time you read this:

Set of 10 hazmat barrels for modern and SF games, 5 pairs of designs laser-etched into their surfaces. Eureka Bundeswehr for scale. These have actually sat around for almost a year now waiting to be a) painted and b) listed. As with many other projects they seemed to get sidelined....

Set of 12 30mm DS profile military industrial complex bases - designed for Grindhouse's Incursion and soon to be available with the new starter tins and from the Incursion shop.

We're very privileged to have been asked by Jim at Grindhouse to make the official bases for their WWWII boardgame, and these and the 40mm bases shown below are the first part of that collaboration. I'm working on double-sided stand-up doors for the game next, which - as with these bases - will be available separately from the game and will suit any near modern or SF background.

40mm DS Incursion bases, as above.

Giant-sized ruined sphinx head....just what your ancients and pulp adventurers have been looking for....

As with the hazmats, these have been kicking around forever and only now have I got them listed for sale. Ideal for bulking up your SF vehicles and modern troops.

1.5mm ply skirmish trays - this size sits 5 x 20mm (or 1p piece) bases, and is supplied in a set of 10, requiring minor assembly. More sizes coming very soon...

Other WIP this month includes a set of assorted treasure chests which will also be available through Otherworld miniatures; two different sets of dormer windows for detailing your own personal building projects, our first wall kit - modern brickwork, allowing you to build sections of walls, windows, doors and columns for scenery and bases....

Massive inspiration for some new scenery will arrive at the beginning of August when I fulfill a lifelong dream and visit Pompeii and Herculaneum, with a climb up Mt Vesuvius along the way. Expect much more ancients-themed stuff in the next few months as a result :)
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: July 09 releases
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:10:32 PM »

Awesome stuff Ian. I can find uses for all of them. I need to get back to making displays...

I know I will be using those sci-fi hazmat barrels in a project I have coming up.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:32:48 AM »

Those barrels are the mutts nuts.. Really want to get some of those.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »

Skirmish trays, barrels, packs and bases..... I can find a use for all of them

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »

More excellent stuff!
*coughs*fishmen*coughs*
 :icon_wink:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »

:yeahthat:

Suddenly I feel a lot like some fish men.

I also feel like some partly changed fishmen...... sort of land dwelling types with rifles etc....

If someone fancies making them I have some nice Bergman SMG in 1/56 suitable for 1920's to post ww2 as Lanchester SMGs that the RN used, very little difference.

Could even be old weapons hidden away since the war for a load of moderns (I would prefer 1930's suitable ones though)

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:54:46 AM »

:yeahthat:

Suddenly I feel a lot like some fish men.

I also feel like some partly changed fishmen...... sort of land dwelling types with rifles etc....

If someone fancies making them I have some nice Bergman SMG in 1/56 suitable for 1920's to post ww2 as Lanchester SMGs that the RN used, very little difference.

Could even be old weapons hidden away since the war for a load of moderns (I would prefer 1930's suitable ones though)

Yeah, we know, we're (almost) as impatient as you guys to get the deep ones into metal. Unfortunately RL work and money situations haven't helped this year.

That said, we're waiting on samples of a new (to us at least) resin which can be centrifugally cast into a hard mould. It's the same stuff Forgeworld use for a lot of their figure casting, and if it's within our budget we'll be able to cast all our own stuff at a less labour-intensive cost.....
Fenris Games

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »

Sounds great! Have you been able to review it yet?

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »

Sounds great! Have you been able to review it yet?

Nope - still waiting on samples :(  :shrug:
Fenris Games

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »

As much as you guys have planned and already cast they should have sent it out over night mail. By the way please PM me your address so I can mail you that mini to cast for me.