Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 10:38:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Part 15: The Unending Sea  (Read 5939 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: Part 15: The Unending Sea
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 12:56:25 PM »

"Of course," having set a course and secured the rudder she takes a seat. "You are on the Unending Sea. From here we shall sail to the Shadowlands. I believe you have an object to recover from there." She looks away over the water in the direction the boat is heading "the shadowlands are a cruel and dreadful place. I wish you luck. I cannot enter there, for were I to do so, I might not have the strength to return but I shall remain here to sail you back to the world of the living once more."

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »

"I'm sorry, Miss. Do I understand you correctly in thinking that your mortal life has come to an end?  Are we in the same condition?" Raul asks nervously.
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:31 AM »

"Ah no", she replies with a faint half smile, "sailors upon the unending sea are not yet dead. Yes my life has come to an end but in this realm the two may meet. Elves who pass through the Shadowlands may finaly find their resting place in the afterlife. Untill then they are not truly dead. Other races have their own paths to take, and so rarely come here at all."

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:20:18 AM »

"Well, I never thought I'd be part of a raid into elf-heaven, but they you go!" replies Raul absently before looking out to see if there is anything to see on the sea.

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 02:48:46 AM »

"Ms Haldin," Rogan begins, looking rather concerned.  "If the Shadowlands are such a terrible place, how do elves with no particular gift for combat or those killed in infancy reach their final rest?  Might we come across some of these unfortunates?"

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 04:01:24 AM »

Alairian listens worriedly.
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

"My dear dwarf," she states calmly, "I am afraid I have not conversed with any dead elves to discover this matter. I have, for the greater part of my existence in thbe afterlife, been shackled to the isle of Elmardia, or Guardian, as you may know it.

"Now," she continues, "When we reach the shores of the Shadowlands I may not alight from the vessel. I shall, however, await your return, safely to convey you back to the lands of the living once more. Rest now. The journey may take some time and you will need your strength for the troubles that await you."

And with that she turns back to the tiller ocne again.

The journey to the shores of the shadowlands will take about a day. She won't ignore anyone who wishes to speak with her and discuss things during that time so just let me know if there's anything you want to do during the voyage.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:41 AM »

Raul thanks Wynsar for conveying them across then will take some time to rest.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 08:02:52 AM »

Quickly, Al becomes board and strikes up a conversation with the dawrf preist on how he faired beneath the waves.
'you were gone so long i had lost all hoope of your return.'
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

"Right, now I see that some of these items are magical. Why don't we let me see if I can identify them. Could someone pass me the apple and the ring first, please"?

Ivor spends couple hours going over the two items, checking and rechecking.

"Hmm - this apple seems to come from a 'Tree of Knowledge' - anyone mind if I keep it? It will help me with my Arcane talents".

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

"Hmm this ring looks like some form of resitance bonus.... Yes, these small engravings show it to be the Ring of Hailidara, and grants a minor resistance to all things, slightly more if the wearer is specifically targetted..."

Ring Resitance +1, +2 if Spell or Spell Like Ability specifically targets the wearer.

"Ok, now if I keep this Apple, but who handed me the Ring..."?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

"OK Ivor, I get it.  I'll swap you the ring for the apple, if that is what you wish!" Raul smiles at Ivor to make it clear he's more than happy to take his smaller companion's advice on these matters.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 10:55:22 PM »

Ivor tries not to be too obvious as he almost snatches the profferred apple. Then he takes a bite, savouring the magic like a vintage wine....

OOC: How long until the effects take place? If it's immediate, how long we resting for, since I can replenish my spells (and get the new bonus ones)!   :icon_wink:

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »

Ivor, when youve time, could you do the same for this armor and sheild`?
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

The boat sails on across the twilit sea. People chat and discuss their upcoming adventure. Ivor examines and identifies some of the objects. Eventualy wariness takes them and the characters all fall asleep. When they awake, they are arriving in the lands of shadow.

Characters may pick new spells as they are fully rested.