Custom Hobby Forum

• July 03, 2020, 10:44:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Nemien pre paint  (Read 2263 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Nemien pre paint
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:40:56 AM »

Well here we have everyone's favourite diminutive scholar. She's been waiting to be depicted in miniature form for about seven years now and I'm quite pleased with the result. I'd like to thank Ben (of Black Cat Bases) for helping out with most of the sculpting. I did the original hood before he tweaked it but the rest's all his work. I'll hopefuly start painting her sometime soon but I thought I'd put some photo's up now as a sort of record (and so it's easier to explain if anyone asks any questions about the process later).

Ben and me both agreed that the satchel strap across her chest might need thinning down a little. I haven't fully decided on that front yet.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
Re: Nemien pre paint
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:37:36 AM »

:whatchutalkinbout:

You say "everyone's favourtie diminutive scholar", but I've no idea who this character is supposed to be?

What did I miss?

Conversion looks nice, though :)
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »

:whatchutalkinbout:

You say "everyone's favourtie diminutive scholar", but I've no idea who this character is supposed to be?

What did I miss?

Conversion looks nice, though :)

Well I was going to put a fuller introduction in the painted thread when it happens. But seeing as you asked, Nemien is a character I played in a roleplaying game for a few years. She won various awards (such as best behaved hostage) for being a very memorable and enjoyable character for other folk to play with. Her short stature was one of the few things she didn't have insecurity issues over. She was a "bookshopkeeper's aprentice's assistant" who occassionaly got dragged out by her frienbds to "have some fun" (their definition of fun, not hers), went on protest against evil npc customer stealing marketting and had lots of fun discussing philosophy and providing information and advice to those who came to her seeking help.

That campaign ended afew years ago and I started a miniature tribute group project. Kess was in that campaign too. I'm currently working on 3 of the more memorable characters (I'd love to do Faranar the gnome too but all the gnomes out there look wrong for him). It should come to about 7 or 8 minis when I'm finished. Currently 3 are underway and there's no rush. Lots of them will probably have to be heavily converted anyway.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:41:51 PM »

What big eyes she's got. They also seem to be looking in oposite directions abit so maybe she's agecko in disguise. I took afew cloudy afternoon shots (mostly 'cause I painted in the afternoon). I'm not happy with her face from the tip of the nose down and had to tidy it up from yesterday. She's supposed to have pale skin but nowhere near that pasty. The bright mark on the back of a sock is me doing a quick fix after some purple got on there from blocking in the skirt. The shirt's either going to be blue or a brighter lavenderish purple. The skirt's far from finished and somehow in this afternon's light all the leathers almost look black.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »

she looks like she needs some sleep so far  :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 12:53:39 PM »

Just a couple of new photo's today. There's no new paint on the skirt. That's exactly how it looked when I took those dark pictures the other day.

I might have to redo the book.