News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

WIP Viking sculpt

Started by Squigface, June 28, 2008, 09:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squigface

Hi all, here's a sculpt of an Icelandic viking I've been piddling around with lately. It's based off me mate (head and face look nothing similar though :() who, like me, does a bit of historical reenactment sometimes. I'm pretty pleased with him so far, the anatomy and had in particular. The main reason it hasn't progressed further yet is that I can't wuite remember what his garb looked like. Any pointers very welcome.





And yes, I know the pictures are rubbish*e :S

SQuig

Bodhi

Right row of the belly muscles (our right) should be lower than the left half in a pose such as this. It will make the crossover lines of the "sixpack" look more like a ladder than as a straight lines across it. Doing a rough ribcage will help you see better where the abdominal muscles should go. Making the legs thicker will help you with drapery placement.

Baggy trousers, "shoes" that are basically a leatherbag around the feet, tunic (short or longsleeved) with a belt around the waist. Cape held together with a fairly big and ornate "fibula", simple conical helmet. I believe that's the standard viking outfit. And a chainmail (sometimes)
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Squigface

Thanks for the anatomy pointers :) When I was talking about the grab I meant more exactly what the clothes my mate wore looked like ;)

SQuig

mnordgren

Nice pose, it really feels dynamic. The head is big ,but the proportions still look good to me. Good work!

One idea could be leg bindings like on this one: http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=641&ref=CAFRCDBO01&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=46

Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: Squigface on June 28, 2008, 11:30:48 AM
Thanks for the anatomy pointers :) When I was talking about the grab I meant more exactly what the clothes my mate wore looked like ;)

SQuig

I could give you advice on general dark ages clothing (as I like it and have some familiarity myself) but I don't know what your mate was specificaly wearing. Perhaps you could ask him about it :p.