Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2021, 10:40:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: WIP Viking sculpt  (Read 1315 times)

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
WIP Viking sculpt
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:59:55 AM »

Hi all, here's a sculpt of an Icelandic viking I've been piddling around with lately. It's based off me mate (head and face look nothing similar though :() who, like me, does a bit of historical reenactment sometimes. I'm pretty pleased with him so far, the anatomy and had in particular. The main reason it hasn't progressed further yet is that I can't wuite remember what his garb looked like. Any pointers very welcome.

And yes, I know the pictures are rubbish*e :S

SQuig

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Re: WIP Viking sculpt
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »

Right row of the belly muscles (our right) should be lower than the left half in a pose such as this. It will make the crossover lines of the "sixpack" look more like a ladder than as a straight lines across it. Doing a rough ribcage will help you see better where the abdominal muscles should go. Making the legs thicker will help you with drapery placement.

Baggy trousers, "shoes" that are basically a leatherbag around the feet, tunic (short or longsleeved) with a belt around the waist. Cape held together with a fairly big and ornate "fibula", simple conical helmet. I believe that's the standard viking outfit. And a chainmail (sometimes)
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Squigface

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 10:30:48 AM »

Thanks for the anatomy pointers :) When I was talking about the grab I meant more exactly what the clothes my mate wore looked like ;)

SQuig

mnordgren

• Dragon Egg
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »

Nice pose, it really feels dynamic. The head is big ,but the proportions still look good to me. Good work!

One idea could be leg bindings like on this one: http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=641&ref=CAFRCDBO01&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=46

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »

Thanks for the anatomy pointers :) When I was talking about the grab I meant more exactly what the clothes my mate wore looked like ;)

SQuig

I could give you advice on general dark ages clothing (as I like it and have some familiarity myself) but I don't know what your mate was specificaly wearing. Perhaps you could ask him about it :p.