News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

chess board

Started by Theomar Pius, June 17, 2008, 11:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theomar Pius

The plan is to make a Warhammer chess board. However, as you can imagine, that will be an expensive endevour for sure. The plan is to have the pieces/ minis sit inside of the base, carry case style. So far though, all that is complete is the carving of the actual board. It's a few year old actually, but I recently dug it out for reference, and though I would share it.



Custom_Hobby

Damn that chess board looks great!
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Medved

looking great as CH says.  i made a version yonks ago and used empire and undead figures for the pieces.

Keeper

That does look good, Theomar :D
:hal:   

eyeolas

#4
Is it carved into or not, the picture is playing trickes on me

also, will half the squares be washed with a black ink to destinguish the white and black ones?

looks great btw, what are you think for as pieces?

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

I'm still mad as hell at my bandmates because they made a chessboard for our accordionist (she's a very skilled player and works as a seond mate on an international cargo ship so has PLENTY of long dreary hours at sea in which to play) where everybody sculpted a few figures each and they "forgot" to ask me - the only sculptor in the band - for a contribution  :tantrum: :tantrum:

Still have dreams of making one some day. I'm a lousy chessplayer though so motivation is a bit low.
This looks awesome.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Theomar Pius

I was thinking of doing grey based squares and tan based squared, kind of a granite vs sandstone.
Yes it is carved into the foam.
I was thinking Brettonians for one side, maybe dark elves, high elves, or Empire for the other. I want both sides to have shields to paint on.
I was thinking white shields on the brets, with the sillouttes of the chess piece on the shields. Can't firgure what to do for rooks though...