Custom Hobby Forum

• January 24, 2022, 11:52:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Green stuff, glue and paint  (Read 3822 times)

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Re: Green stuff, glue and paint
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »

You do realise that's 15-20 miles away frpm me don't you? There's nothing unfortunate about that (there's even a regular bus route :).

Yeah, I figured it was near to you.  When I went they cast my requests on the spot.  It's just in a skanky area.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 10:38:23 AM »

Dammit.  My wife used to work in Southampton when we lived on the south coast!

:Doh!:
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »

It's just in a skanky area.

Yeah, it's in southampton :p. Seriously 'though, I've not been there as often as I have to Salisbury of Bournemouth but I wasn't surprised by what you wrote.

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

There's a UK producer of Reaper stuff? I don't have to order it from the US? Actually it's probably still quicker and cheaper...
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 05:37:11 PM »

Well because of the conversion rate it might be cheaper. I am not sure.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

Well I painted her face and her tummy today and it just wasn't working. I was going to do coloured eyes but the colour I chose really didn't stand out against the white at all. Then the teeth didn't come out too well. To top it all off the skin was looking okay right up to the final highlight where I overdid it again and she looks hideous :(. I might be able to get some photos later. Unfortunately the paint on one cheek got rough and dried badly (so I added another layer or two). Actualy it did that thing where it pooled up all lumpy so you thumb it and then you've got a really rough patch you then need to put an ugly lump on just to try and fix it.

But still I'm not very happy. I didn't feel tired or anything but my hands simply weren't working and the end result's not very pretty. The brushes just wouldn't go where my eyes were looking and it was just a load of unwanted frustration today :(.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 10:42:29 AM »

sounds like an average day of painting for me, tried a few minis the other day and gave up so am back on the big diorama now.  Its easier working on something thats bigger than me  :icon_w00t:

Hope you get your mojo back soon  :icon_wink: