News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Green stuff, glue and paint

Started by Balgin Stondraeg, May 14, 2008, 12:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gi6ers

Quote from: Balgin Stondraeg on May 16, 2008, 11:23:02 AM
You do realise that's 15-20 miles away frpm me don't you? There's nothing unfortunate about that (there's even a regular bus route :).

Yeah, I figured it was near to you.  When I went they cast my requests on the spot.  It's just in a skanky area.

Keeper

Dammit.  My wife used to work in Southampton when we lived on the south coast!

:Doh!:
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: gi6ers on May 16, 2008, 11:28:32 AM
It's just in a skanky area.

Yeah, it's in southampton :p. Seriously 'though, I've not been there as often as I have to Salisbury of Bournemouth but I wasn't surprised by what you wrote.

Caerban

There's a UK producer of Reaper stuff? I don't have to order it from the US? Actually it's probably still quicker and cheaper...
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Custom_Hobby

Well because of the conversion rate it might be cheaper. I am not sure.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

Well I painted her face and her tummy today and it just wasn't working. I was going to do coloured eyes but the colour I chose really didn't stand out against the white at all. Then the teeth didn't come out too well. To top it all off the skin was looking okay right up to the final highlight where I overdid it again and she looks hideous :(. I might be able to get some photos later. Unfortunately the paint on one cheek got rough and dried badly (so I added another layer or two). Actualy it did that thing where it pooled up all lumpy so you thumb it and then you've got a really rough patch you then need to put an ugly lump on just to try and fix it.

But still I'm not very happy. I didn't feel tired or anything but my hands simply weren't working and the end result's not very pretty. The brushes just wouldn't go where my eyes were looking and it was just a load of unwanted frustration today :(.

Perv

sounds like an average day of painting for me, tried a few minis the other day and gave up so am back on the big diorama now.  Its easier working on something thats bigger than me  :icon_w00t:

Hope you get your mojo back soon  :icon_wink: